• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kids and side x sides

Northfl

Keepin the lights on
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2018
Jax fl
If you folks have kids and side x sides. Make for certain they always wear a helmet. Always. And seat belted in if at all possible.
one of my friends 13yo grandson was killed wed afternoon in a wreck on one.
prayers for the family please

Helmet and seatbelt not a substitute for responsible adult supervision. My kids are 7 and 9 and they drive 4 wheelers and Gators and a Kubota RTV all over our farm. There is a speed limit, and enforcement. Their mother or I are always in sight. If you are going to let kids ride (1) you need to know the area (2) how to ride it safetly (3) how to demonstrate then teach that. Then kids need supervision. If a situation comes up where a helmet saves a life, where is the adult who was supposed to be watching?

Prayers for the family! I have four children, two boys , two girls. They all ride motorcycles and horses. I'd rather they lived a full life than a life in fear. We try to do everything possible to protect them, educate them etc. So sorry for their loss.

Reactions: oneshot86
Thats a sad story. I feel for the family.

No helmets or seatbelts on sidexside for us. Going crazy on the dirtbikes. Yes.

Reactions: QuickNDirty
Life all too often comes down to our Choices.
I chose to ride my Yamaha 1100cc crotch rocket only during cool weather, in leathers and full-face helmet. Sliding down the road at around 150mph is survivable, with a little road rash, if properly kitted up. You can get up and stumble off, looking around to see if anyone you know was leaving work about that time, and had a good laugh.
Or, you could refuse to wear a sissy helmet while riding your mountain bicycle across a golf course with your wife, get distracted and let your front wheel snag her rear gear set, locking up both bikes and sending your 225pound ass somersaulting onto the pavement, where your head impacts at tremendous velocity, getting you a SubDural Hematoma and a LifeFlight ride that cost over $25k, a craniotomy and some cauterized veins, a very nice scar to show the neighbor kiddies why they need to use the bike helmets you bought them from your “vacation” at the beach, once you figured out where you shit last, and what your name is, and about a quarter million bucks of medical bills come rolling in.
I too was in the invincible bubble. Until I found out ain’t none of us invincible. Kids won’t protect themselves. Many times adults won’t either, but the adults are supposed to protect the kids. Please think about their fragile bodies. A helmet is cheap insurance.
Ask me how I know. Brain surgeon tells me I am in the 3% who survive my type of severe brain trauma. All I know is that my MRI shows me with 1/3 of my frontal cortex dead. It ain’t coming back to life, and neither will my short term memory or my missing sense of smell. At least my wife only had a leg bruise, and screamed loud enough to get a golfers attention, so he could call LifeFlight.
Hope I remembered to tell you that helmets are cheap🚴🏻‍♀️

My wife is an ER Nurse and they had two 16 years olds come in who flipped one, the girl was ejected and crushed and died at the hospital. No helmets or seatbelts. This was last week.

• Sad
Reactions: tomcatmv
Prayers my 11 year old was driving my friends ranger back from the shooting range and me and him were following in the pickup, he has driven one as well as a go kart for years. He had his head up his butt and almost missed the turn and instead of go past it he tried to turn without slowing down and turned it over in the cotton field, he was wearing his seatbelt and was not hurt but it scared the crap out of me and cost 2200 to fix the ranger.

That’s awful. I’ve taken my son in our rzr since he was 2. I ratchet strapped a kid seat in, and now a booster at 4 years old. Always a helmet on.

I fell off a horse at 40mph and almost had a cornstalk through the eye at 16... Nobody ever says wear a helmet on a horse.

I fell off a horse at 40mph and almost had a cornstalk through the eye at 16... Nobody ever says wear a helmet on a horse.

Like all the people wearing helmets now when they're snow skiing...

I didn't know that was a thing. I havent skied since the mid-90s and back then you'd get laughed off the mountain for wearing one.

Prayers sent to the family and friends. I’m sorry.

Safety equipment has saved my life more than once. If you have kids or grandkids on bikes, quads or SxSs a helmet should always be on their head. The moment they can switch to adult helmets they need to get one. Youth helmets are not SNELL tested, only DOT approved. There’s a huge difference. And yes, adult supervision is the number 2 requirement behind helmets. These machines are not meant to be baby sitters.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Shit happens....just like a virus!

I lost a friend on a dirt bike and broke my neck on an ATV......but still believe shit just happens. If you're really concerned about people, then encourage them to eat healthy!

The 9 year old was driving and I said stop but she hit wrong pedal and ran up on a tree! We were wearing seat belt and nobody was injured. Turned it back over and on our way.
kids in our neighborhood drive them on the roads without helmets or adults and way too fast. Very concerning...be careful!
0896230B-DA76-4B19-B069-1A2EEA13CC19.jpeg

Thread title had me thinking of kids with a coach gun. Prayers for the family. No kid deserves to be hurt or killed doing something they love.