• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Kiji 3’ @ 600 yards for clip ins?

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    Has anyone mounted a Kiji 3’ at the 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock positions on their rails to act as an illuminator alongside their clip on?

1. How was the IR illumination at that distance compared to a Dbal A2 or PEQ 15?
    2. That is 4-6 mils of elevation, so after dialing or using holdovers, does the 3’ throw still end up on target?

I have a PVS27 which is great, but chunky at the end of my rifle, so it is hard to mount a FP DBAL/PEQ as far up as I would like. I am debating on a Kiji 3’ to help with this issue to free up hand space on the rifle. If you look closely in the picture, you can see where I have pic rail on the handguard to typically mount the DBAL. No, I don’t want to use a diving board, that space is reserved for passive aiming with NODS.

Attachments

• BA2AD151-8D68-45FB-905F-098DAD51F8FE.jpeg
      BA2AD151-8D68-45FB-905F-098DAD51F8FE.jpeg
      185 KB · Views: 131
    Reactions: Eliteuas
    Worked fine for me from a right side mount. Was just out over the weekend playing with my 27 and Kiji under a full moon. Kiji beam was very obvious. I had the head of the Kiji just about 4" behind the muzzle.

How far out were you from the target?

I never went that direction so no idea of a direct comparo. My use case is only really long range so the Kiji was the most cost effective way of getting the capability and it was the smallest. There's a YT video that does show a direct comparison. It was largely responsible for me choosing a Kiji.

Has anyone mounted a Kiji 3’ at the 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock positions on their rails to act as an illuminator alongside their clip on?

1. How was the IR illumination at that distance compared to a Dbal A2 or PEQ 15?
    2. That is 4-6 mils of elevation, so after dialing or using holdovers, does the 3’ throw still end up on target?

I have a PVS27 which is great, but chunky at the end of my rifle, so it is hard to mount a FP DBAL/PEQ as far up as I would like. I am debating on a Kiji 3’ to help with this issue to free up hand space on the rifle. If you look closely in the picture, you can see where I have pic rail on the handguard to typically mount the DBAL. No, I don’t want to use a diving board, that space is reserved for passive aiming with NOD

I'm going through the same thing with a CNVD LR, what did you end up doing?

Armasight watchmen. It’s not sexy and a little bulky but it works well and it’s hard to beat for like $220

I ended up picking one up today so once it gets here I will do a comparison. It's hard to capture pics with IR on, it usually washes out through a phone