• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft killflash/pantyhose question

pinedog31

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2007
idaho
has anybody ever heard of streching pantyhose over the scope lens as an improvised killflash

Re: killflash/pantyhose question

I would confuse the thong with the reticle

allign the hole in crotchless panties to kill the reflection

Yes, works pretty well. A lot of students use it doing the stalking and firing drills.

are you saying you wear the thong or put it over the scope lens either way, distracting and distubering

I've used this method because I use Butler Creek covers. Remove cover from scope. Grab a pair of panty hose or stockings in the appropriate color (you'd be surprised as to how many colors). Place a strategic location of the panty hose over the objective end of scope and stretch it a little. Partially re-install scope cover, keeping panty hose stretched over end of scope. Trim excess closely and re-seat scope cover completely. If done right, no panty hose will be visible around the edges of the scope cover and the "screen" will be smooth and taut.

What to do with the remaining panty hose is up to your imagination and explanation to your better half.

Gunfighter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pinedog31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anybody ever heard of streching pantyhose over the scope lens as an improvised killflash </div></div>

yes

Adapt and overcome. I'm constantly amazed/worried(lol) how yalls minds work. I've been trying to find a kill flash to fit my Horus Raptor, the answer was under my nose the whole time. No pun intended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....and keeps the driven rain out too....... </div></div>

not having much experience with pantyhose (besides maybe that one time in college
grin.gif
), in a heavy rain, do they shed water or get saturated?

Not that I have any need or interest, but the question comes to mind - do light colored hose transmit more light than dark colored hose? Or does it matter?

Good luck

They shed water pretty good. Some teamates(not me)used to wear them playing highschool football before there was such a thing as under armour.

i wore them before under armor was invented for football and such but they were always shredded by halftime. they also are great lint free cloth for cleaning and yes ard. oh and wonderful at concealing your id at 711...

get strange looks when i buy them and ammo and krylon and zip ties at wally world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get strange looks when i buy them and ammo and krylon and zip ties at wally world. </div></div>

lmao

i've always used a tan variety as it disappears better. if you were to get a dark color it would be pretty easy to see a big dark circle from the targets pov. another tid bit, instead of removing your scope cover and reinstalling. take it off, leave it off (securely) and just use a rubber band to keep the panty hose taught. same way with binos or spotting scope. happy hunting.

i've always used a tan variety as it disappears better. if you were to get a dark color it would be pretty easy to see a big dark circle from the targets pov. another tid bit, instead of removing your scope cover and reinstalling. take it off, leave it off (securely) and just use a rubber band to keep the panty hose taught. same way with binos or spotting scope. happy hunting.

I have used them many times for improvised "kill flash". At Ft Benning, we used "socklets" from the PX soaked in vasaline to prevent blisters on extended road marches. Ever since, I make sure I carry a pair of nylon socklets (NOT pantyhose). You can also use the material to cover your goggles and prevent reflections.

I like using 100 mph tape and make cat eyes. panty hose works however if you are shooting towards the sun creates a large glare. hope this helps. LRRP

I have to throw the BULL SHIT flag on this one. I have tried it a couple times and I can't see shit and every time I try to adjust the scope the little lady starts to wiggle and giggle. WTF!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to throw the BULL SHIT flag on this one. I have tried it a couple times and I can't see shit and every time I try to adjust the scope the little lady starts to wiggle and giggle. WTF! </div></div>
hahahaha tell her to hold still

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to throw the BULL SHIT flag on this one. I have tried it a couple times and I can't see shit and every time I try to adjust the scope the little lady starts to wiggle and giggle. WTF! </div></div>

If you are using the pantyhose with the lady still in them, the fact that you can't see "shit" is a good thing!!
laugh.gif
That may change if you don't warn her before you fire a round!!!!

Just wanted to add some intel from experience using the killflash and mention some features that panty hose can never accomplish.
-the killflash can be cammo painted to match the environment without effecting the sight picture

-the killflash is optimized for the lens so it doesnt degrade the focus of the image or cut down on the ammount of ambient light allowed to penetrate, which is incredibly like 98% or something.

-the killflash is the equivalent of having a 16 inch lens shade which keeps the sun rays off the internal lenses and eliminates any scatter.

-the killflash is very durable and will not rip like panyhose if snagged.

I was lucky enough to have a killflash for my sniper school and never got busted on a stalk or concealment exercise and can not say enough good things about them.
They are definitely worth the investment.