• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KIMBER 82G FIRST GROUPS OUT OF THE BOX.

SS-8541-dono

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2011
missouri
recently purchased a kimber 82g on gunbroker , it is an earlier one with a 8xxx serial number. it was brand new with bolt and sights still in the plastic, and i was lucky enought to get one that had no box cutter marks on the stock from gi joke. the day was fairly windy but it did die down as the sun was setting and i was able to get the scope sighted in and shjoot a few groups.

the rifle shot better than i was hoping and i love it, more than satified with the results def a bargan. the scope is a swift 4-12x40mm and for the money it is very well made and i am very happy with its performance and quality.

here are some 50 yard groups as well as one 100 yard group.

Re: KIMBER 82G FIRST GROUPS OUT OF THE BOX.

Nice shootin! What kind of ammo are you using?

sorry forgot to post that.

i was using wolf match extra i believe its called. 8.00 bucks per 50

thanks , i love this rifle and never expected this kind of accuracy after reading all the hubub on the net about these. so far mine shoots better than i hoped and its not to shabby in the looks department either.

i love the trigger , it has multiple adjustments to include sear,wieght,creep and overtravel. i have mine set to zero creep zero overtravel and about 1.5 lbs.

Not to shabby. I have heard that the Kimber 82's were hit or miss accuracy wise, and you appear to have gotten one of the better ones. Are those 3 or 5 shot groups, for reference?

Years ago I seen the same set up in The Tactical Rifle magazine...once an off shoot of the now closed Pecision Shooter mag. This guy put it in a McMillian A2 stock. This was when using rimfire as a tactical trainer was a new (read: not too used) concept, as 7.62 X 51 was pretty easy to get. I imagine if you put a Manner's stock under it, ergonomically it will fit you better, and lead you to other options..good luck with it!

thanks but i love the kimber stock , it fits me really well and is a nice piece of lumber.

No doubt by the size of your groups! Like Grand Dad said..don't fix what ain't broke!

the only thing i might be changing is to get a weaver t36 and try my luck at some rimfire benchrest comp for shits and giggles.

I shot mine for the first time today as well. But only at 7 yards with my daughter. Just one hole. Cant wait for longer range with my scope.

I just bought one, will pick it up tomorrow. I hope it shoots as well as yours does.

I got mine for $650 new in the box, and without the box cutter damage.

me too, i got it off of gunbroker for 650.00 new in the box with no box cutter markings in the wood. the cmp is still selling the rusty models for 450 but your taking a chance. it was worth the 200 extra bucks to get one that was perfect. m ine is a low serial number as well and is mint. there are still some nice ones on gunbroker if your interested i would check there.

Nice shooting. I'm trying to decide between one of these from the CMP and a used Anschutz Mark 10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to shabby. I have heard that the Kimber 82's were hit or miss accuracy wise, and you appear to have gotten one of the better ones. Are those 3 or 5 shot groups, for reference? </div></div>
I would say more hit than miss from my experience

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any pictures of the rifle? </div></div>

heres a few of the kimber 82g.

Nice rifle, I just sent in my order to the CMP.

Dont suppose you got the iron sights with it, and you'd want to sell them. I got my 82 from CMP, and need a second set for another rifle. I love mine, but it has the custom stock slice on it.

i do have the irons but im keping them , sorry. i have seen a few sets for sale on ebay and gunbroker though!

Got mine out to the range as well. Groups right under .50" 10 shot groups at 50 yards. Shot using irons and ghetto rigged front rest, no rear rest and standing. Yes I know standing with front rest is awkward, but all I could rig up at handgun range.

I'd be curious what mine will do scoped and properly stable.

dono--- My son and I went out 2-wks. ago when the weather broke..Factory peep sights...We were both impressed.Going back to these old .22's is always a treat.I'm 63 and the old .30/06's get kinda hard on the shoulder.LOL

Those are some very nice groups indeed.