• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KIMBER 82G

Scimitar

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2005
Pine Hall,North Carolina
Got a Kimber 82G a while back. Never could get a decent scope mount until recent. Didn't like the way the action bolted up in stock so I pillar bedded it and floated barrel. Been sitting in the safe too long. Mounted a DMR II
and tried it with CCI standard, FDGM, and SK LR Match. I was thinking about selling because it's a single shot, but now.....yep. doubt it.
It likes SK
20230326_171553.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a good looking 82G. There's just something about a good shooting older rifle, defiantly a keeper.

Shot it in 50yd benchrest match yesterday. Vintage/top factory class.
Tried a few boxes of Lapua center x.
Only had one lot to try. Got 497 first time out. The rifle does well. Need to try some different rounds and see what it favors.

Reactions: mtrmn
I have a real low round count 82 Star, it has a taste for Wolf and Norma Tac (RWS). The one shot at a time is killing me, I’m wondering if a 82A could be sacrificed to turn the G into a repeater?

I have a real low round count 82 Star, it has a taste for Wolf and Norma Tac (RWS). The one shot at a time is killing me, I’m wondering if a 82A could be sacrificed to turn the G into a repeater?
Of course it could. The question is do you have access to the equipment and time and knowledge to do it?

I encountered a guy who made a 40X repeater before Vudoo's and RimX's came online. He was a retired machinist with three attempts to his credit before he got a functioning one running. And even then, he didn't want to do more. And it was far from elegant. And it wasn't a design you easily could do across multiple guns to make it profitable for at the very least your time and materials.

That's sounds like a good way to ruin an 82g. Maybe someone has it down to.a science. I have not seen or heard of one done.
Enjoy it for what it is. If you want a repeater, get a CZ

That's sounds like a good way to ruin an 82g. Maybe someone has it down to.a science. I have not seen or heard of one done.
Enjoy it for what it is. If you want a repeater, get a CZ
Kimber 82 repeaters are available on used market...I got a Kimber 82b Classic a few months ago. It's a pretty nice rifle, although I have no idea how the repeaters compare accuracy wise to an 82g? The one I have it pretty darn good.
right.jpg

Reactions: MPrimo
My 82G bedded Boyd’s stock , Mueller 40x . It shoots very well , but will not out shoot my 40x

Attachments

• 46F2EAAB-54A9-46A8-A0AA-21F9AAA39E16.jpeg
    46F2EAAB-54A9-46A8-A0AA-21F9AAA39E16.jpeg
    847.1 KB · Views: 27
The 82’s are attractive guns but many have shortcomings. The stud/screw that rides the cocking cam is soft, should be replaced with one of better steel. Bores typically only shine with the very best ammo because many were slightly over sized or were not slugged before fitting, meaning the bore may be reversed taper.
Lastly, due to a lack of recoil lugs and generous inletting, there have been many instances of the stock chipping/splitting at the tang.
Lastly, there were runs with soft sears, so if adjusted to light, would wear excessively and trigger pull quality would deteriorate.
Buyer beware.