• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

KIMBER 8400 TACTICAL?

Re: KIMBER 8400 TACTICAL?

My buddy has one. I have seen it and shot it. Very accurate out of the box with several different kinds of factory ammo. He did not want to wait for a custom to be built. My .02 it is a very nice rifle for the money.

From what I've seen on here these rifles are 50/50. Being you have a 50% chance of getting a good shooter. I've handled both the Tactical, and the Advanced model, and to me they look real nice. I almost bought the rifle that you mentioned, but built up a 700 instead. Do a search. Some guys like them, and some have serious complaints. Good luck.

My 1SG has one he uses and absolutely loves! He let me shoot a couple groups and they were very tight. So they shoot accurately, don't know much about durability or whatever.

Just fired my 8400 AT in .308 for the first time Saturday...very small 5 shot groups at 100 yds... tight cloverleafs. A few shots actually went through the same hole. Here in AZ the 8400T's go for $1800-$1900 so, if I didn't want a long wait for a new factory order, I would buy it at $1600!

I have the advanced tactical and its a great rifle for the money. With my loads I have to try to shoot to miss with it. My wife shoots it more than I do,made the mistake of letting her try it out and she fell in love with it.For the money it will pretty much do what the custom rifles will.