• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kimber 8400 tactical

StockDog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2007
Thorsby, AL
I wad looking for an FN spr and came across this. It is supposed to be new/unfired and was bought from another gun store going out of business.

It is the camo rifle on the end. 308, looks to be a mcmillan stock, finish is nice

The action is nice and smooth and it seems to be in almost perfect condition.

Are these known to be shooters? What can I expect to get out of it? I have a 5r that shoots 1/2"/100yds with my handloads. Would you expect it to be at least as good?
0d11c6c0.jpg

It is priced at $1599. Good buy or not?

Any personal experiences with thus rifle?
Anybody have one and would you buy it again?

Re: Kimber 8400 tactical

According to the Kimber site it is a McMillan a5 stock. The listed MSRP is $2600 so that is not a bad price. I have no experience with that model, but I know a couple guys with Kimbers and they love them. The only possible downside I could see would be that I don't know how much aftermarket support is out there for them, but I don't think it would need much upgrading.

That's a great buy! I was looking into one last year but mixed reviews made me get something else. I also wasn't able to find one for less than $2000.00 at the time. There have been quite a few threads about them here.

I got an advanced tactical in 300 win. It shoots under 1/2 moa on good days. On a bad I would say about 3/4 to about 1 moa. I only got about 200 rounds down range. That is a great price. They still have the hard case for it? Decent trigger. I don't care for the cheek piece. I like the saddle piece on my other McMillan stocks. It comes loose from recoil. I am having a good brake installed. The rifle is pretty light. Which is both good and bad. I guess I like the rifle. I don't love it. Hope this helps.

shit, if youre not interested, send me a PM with the name of the shop.

I've been looking for a adv tac in 308, that was decent priced.

(the norm in utah, is every dumbass shoots their gun, then resells it for 100-200 more than brand new....)

For an 8400 Advanced Tactical, that is a phenomenal price. I had one on order for a long time with Kimber (they jacked up my order twice) before I canceled the order. If anything goes wrong, expect terrible service by Kimber for the one lone year that your warranty exists. However, they guarantee 1/2 MOA on that rifle.
For that price, I would definitely consider getting it myself.

I have one. There a real shooter. I get 10 shot groups in the 3/4 range all day long. I paid $2600.00 for mine back in 2008, so $1600.00 is a great price.