• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Kimber Desert Warrior

Rem5R

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2005
Mississippi
I recently aquired a Kimber Desert Warrior in a trade. This is my first Kimber to own. Just wondering who out there has a Desert Warrior or other Kimber pistols and what are their thoughts on it. I know Kimbers are good, but just curious about others opinions. I have had several other 1911's, but not one of these.

Thanks
Rem5R

Re: Kimber Desert Warrior

I've had a Desert Warrior for a couple years now. I love mine. It's a tacdriver with the right ammo. It is, however, a little picky on what I feed it. It's a good shooting pistol for what it is.

I second izzyscout21. I had the Desert Warrior for over three years and loved it. The only issue I ever ran into was failure to consistantly feed some hollowpoint brands. Namely, Speer Gold Dot 230 grain. Aside from that, always accurate and felt great in the hand.

The Warrior series is built right and lacks the features most Kimber bitches result from.

I have a Kimber Warrior that I carry on SWAT and duty, but it has been rebuilt by Jardine prior to service. It runs great, but is heavy especially with a light on it.

Texagators review is spot on for a duty Kimber and you can find more on 10-8 forums if you are interested.

Most 1911s including semi-customs require some tune up if you are going to run them hard or carry them.

Most Kimbers used for range work here and there are OK without any work.

Mine is extremely picky when it come to ball ammo. If it's speer...forget about it. Federal it seems to like. Unfortuneately, the only social loads it seems to favor are the Cor-bons. Just like a woman....passes on the SPAM and always wants you to feed it the good stuff.

I have a Desert Warrior I bought new late in 2005 and it has held up well.

I do this to every Kimber I own and it has all but eleminated any malfunctions. I lap the slide and rails with colgate (or other cheap, low grit toothpaste) about 200-300 times. This is not fine gun smithing, but has been successful inensuring the reliability of all of my guns to include a DW I gave as a gift to a new 2LT in the 82d.

FWIW.......

I own a kimber warrior purchased this year. Have 400 rnds through it. Feed by CMC power mags. Ive only fed it Winchester white box. I know it's not the best ammo but frankly it's all that I can find. We have a bass pro and walmart with some guns stores close. But I still get FTF's probably about 8-10 every 100rnds or so. It sucks I polished the feed ramps but havnt shot it since. I've cycled acouple mags though and still got FTF's. I put those same rounds back in the mag and the same rnds cause a FTF. But I'm still hopeful. Will probably need it tuned up. I def won't get rid of it. I mainly bought it for it's historical value for the usmc socom. I want this to be my " go to gun" but can't trust it yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nav195</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own a kimber warrior purchased this year. Have 400 rnds through it. Feed by CMC power mags. Ive only fed it Winchester white box. I know it's not the best ammo but frankly it's all that I can find. We have a bass pro and walmart with some guns stores close. But I still get FTF's probably about 8-10 every 100rnds or so. It sucks I polished the feed ramps but havnt shot it since. I've cycled acouple mags though and still got FTF's. I put those same rounds back in the mag and the same rnds cause a FTF. But I'm still hopeful. Will probably need it tuned up. I def won't get rid of it. I mainly bought it for it's historical value for the usmc socom. I want this to be my " go to gun" but can't trust it yet. </div></div>
bump up the recoil spring strength. should fix it. Wilson combat makes a spring kit with different Lbs for experimenting.

For reasons I'm not required to understand Kimber decided to make the Warrior models all Colt 70 series, that was a great decision on there part, while the Warriors are not true handmade 1911 like a Series 1 Kimbers were, a Warrior is a good 1911, and a series II is not IMHO.