• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kimber Model 82 G...Anybody?

I'm on the fence about buying one. A friend who is in need of money is selling a 82G still in the plastic with the front and rear sights. Wants $800.... I see them at the CMP for less...

Tell him you are about to order one from the CMP and see if he drops his price.

Well, I joined the Kimber 82G bandwagon. I bought one on gunbroker at a fair price. I plan on doing alot of work to it since I can do it all myself. They thing that drew me in is the looks of it. I just think it is a good looking rifle. Hope I can get mine to shoot well.

These are "Oregon Kimbers" and are very well made. The company changed hands a few times and are still going strong in Yonkers, NY.

So, for reasons that we won't go into I ended up buying two more of these rifles. I was lucky that they still had a few, 60 a couple weeks ago at the north store. I was a little wiser this time around with what to look for when picking so these to are both prettier and even better shooters. They bested all of the first batch in all targets and when I put in the premium ammo during the testing I think you'll agree that this one is something special. I don't believe these are lapped barrels so this should actually improve with a few thousand down the pipe but gee wiz, I'm pretty stoked right now.

I Have a stock duplicator and I did a tri-color laminate one for his 82G. I made another copy for myself to have as a master. I have actually had people want the stock with no inletting so they could inlet it for some other action. I think it is a good stock for lots of rimfire applications.

Got any pics?