• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hornet shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
Canyon lake Tx
I have a Kimber custom2 That has recently developed a FTF issue. Sometimes when I pull the trigger the hammer will drop and the firing pin will not strike the primer of the chambered round. The pin is not broken and the pistol is clean I do not know what is going on any tips?

is it FTF or is it not going off when you pull the trigger?

If you're going to be in the Houston area anytime soon, bring it with you, some ammo and we'll get it running...or at least find the problem

Make it a series 70 and that will stop, lol. Sounds like you may have broken your firing pin block lever. That's the lever that when you pull the trigger pushes up on your firing pin block and allows the firing pin to move when the hammer strikes it. Remove your slide and take a picture of the top of your frame behind the magazine well and the underside of your slide directly under your rear sight. That will make it easier to find out the problem.

not if you have been droping the slide on an empty chamber (a major nono with the 1911). It has a floating sear, and the jaring from dropping the slide on an empty chamber can make the sear/hammer connection jump, causing the sear to become damaged, and eventually leading to a fractured edge. I had a Para P12 that the previous owner had done just that, and one day it stopped shooting on follow up shots. It would hang at half cock because the edge of the sear which was all galled up and chipped had caused chipping on the hammer. had to replace both pieces and it ran like a top after that. by the way, turning that pistol into a series 70 didn't fix a darn thing, and to do that with a kimber takes a whole lot of work.

The firing pin safety on the kimber is operated when the grip safety is engauged not when the trigger is pulled like on a colt series 70. I would just call Kimber, tell them whats up and ask for them to email you a shipping label and have them repair it for you. Research on the 1911 forum under the kimber section and you will find this issue with some of the series 2 kimbers.

the series 70 has no firing pin stop, the 80 does. There is no way but to do a whole lot of machine work on a kimber to make it a series 80...you can make it into a series 70 by removing the schwartz system from it, but like i said...its a pain in the butt