• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kimber rifles

xNF_9

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2009
Fargo
Has anyone had experience with one of these rifles? I have a friend who can get me one for half off from a store and wondering if they are good to do customizations off of for long range/ tactical shooting/hunting here and there. I was looking at this this tactical gun. Comments would be appreciated. Also I've heard they accuracy is hit and miss on them.

Re: Kimber rifles

i have a couple Montanas that i'm partial to. both will do .75 moa. i'll take that.

I would say at 50% that would be a good deal!

I do not hear many people complain about Kimbers products.. That said I have never shot or handled the tactical one.

That's the problem and I already have a Rem that shoots sub .5 moa and I'd have to sell that to get this one... which is not going to happen after seeing things about kimbers accuracy.

I have a Kimber LPT 308. Accuracy is shit. It has an extremely long throat that you can not load to the lands and still get in the magazine. Hell, you can't even load to the lands and eject a loaded round thanks to the Mauser style ejector. I had to fire a shit load of leftover 308 to break in the barrel before I could get close to 1MOA. I can now only get about .75 average. 168 SMKs and Lapua brass.

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful rifle and handles well, but for that kind of money, there are more accurate rifles to be found.

Rocky

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntard007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Kimber LPT 308. Accuracy is shit. It has an extremely long throat that you can not load to the lands and still get in the magazine. Hell, you can't even load to the lands and eject a loaded round thanks to the Mauser style ejector. I had to fire a shit load of leftover 308 to break in the barrel before I could get close to 1MOA. I can now only get about .75 average. 168 SMKs and Lapua brass.

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful rifle and handles well, but for that kind of money, there are more accurate rifles to be found.

Rocky </div></div>

Thank you for confirming my thoughts. I figured some people have shot the lower grades of Kimber and maybe they fixed them for 2k but maybe I'm wrong. My Rem 700P is shooting .4 groups with my load as of now and was hoping to maybe get a better shooter. Sorry to hear that Kimber can't make a rifle worth buying for 2k. Thanks for your input and I will keep upgrading the Rem.

if your rifle is shooting .4 groups consistently now, you would be a FOOL to sell it for the Kimber or any other short of a custom built . my .02 cents

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper307</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if your rifle is shooting .4 groups consistently now, you would be a FOOL to sell it for the Kimber or any other short of a custom built . my .02 cents </div></div>

Okay thanks I won't be a FOOL. Was just looking at the kimber and hoping it would be close to the precision of a GAP, but that's outa the picture now..

I have the Advanced Tactical and if it was half off . Full price nah I wouldnt buy another one.

since you already have the accuracy out of your remington, if you want the look of the kimber, just get a McMillan or manners or?? for your 700.
hope this helps.

I have the Advanced Tactical Kimber and it is a great rifle. I normaly get 1/2" to 3/4" 10 shot grougs all day long. Most shoot 3-5 round groups and rate a rifle on that. Thats fine for a hunting rifle but a tactical rifle needs to hold 1/2" or better over the cource of a match. Most factory rifles only guarantee 1 MOA, so the Kimber does exceed this. If you compare the price of 700P and a Kimber at 1/2 price the Kimber is the way to go. Just my 2 cents.