• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

kimbers advanced tactical

rls

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2009
Akron, Ohio
Does anyone have any experience with Kimbers new advanced tactical rifle, in 308 win?

Re: kimbers advanced tactical

I shoot a Kimber 8400 tactical in 308 every week. It is my most enjoyable rifle to shoot. I am very impressed with the quality of this rifle. The trigger is modeled after the model 70 and is fully adjustable. It is undoubtedly the best trigger I have ever had. Better reliability than the 700 triggers. The action is very smooth and I have never had any feeding problems with over 1200 round through this rifle. It comes with a very solid 20 MOA base. The floor plate is machined out of steel and is very quality feeling especially compared to its Remington counterparts. This rifle feels better than a lot of my customs I have shot over the years. I bought it on a whim but would defiantly buy another one if the need arose.

kimber004.jpg

MCM308002.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I like remington rifle systems but the model 70 trigger is more reliable. I have witnessed several jewel triggers break the arm labled #6 in the picture. If you keep you rem trigger clean and dry (no lube or oil), they work great for the majority of the time. Thanks

jewell_1.gif

I have the Advanced Tactical 308 and it is a great rifle.mine is set up with a Nikon Monarch X 4-16x50 and it shoots 1/2" or less with my handloads

Everyone is bound to have a turd roll off the line! and yeah I have pics

Number on barrel doesnt match action number, (Maybe stamp upside down?) who knows
IMG_3823.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

Shitty bedding attempt! Black marks are the action moving around in stock
IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3824.JPG

Waited 15 months for the 300WM version, helluva wait to get a turd, just got back to the sandbox, and was tied up with buying a house, didnt get it out to Roscoe, its boxed and ready, but the realtor people were running me ragged trying to get papers signed.

I'm seeing some at the gun shows in the North Texas area. Fair price and it beats the hell out of a year wait from the"pro's".

They look nice, but here in AUS thay are double the price of a nice remington 700p or savage 10fp and half the price of a TRG22. If only thay were a touch cheaper!