• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kit reloading .50

Ariete

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Italy
www.fitld.it
Hi

I need some informations about reloading .50 BMG

I selected these items. Do you have suggestions or advice ? I have to add items?

RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme

CH4D 50 B.M.G. Power Case Trimmer

HORNADY 50 BMG DE-BURR TOOL

HORNADY 50 BMG POWDER MEASURE

HORNADY 50 BMG RELOADING DIES FULL

K & M Large Rifle Primer Pocket Correction Tool

CH4D 50 B.M.G. Bullet Puller

CH4D 50 B.M.G. Shellholder Die

M2 Precision™ .50 BMG Primer Seater

Lyman lube kit

Re: Kit reloading .50

Looks good but FOR SURE add a neck turner. I see you have K&M on your list so go with their turner. You will find necks VERY bad even on commercial brass. Might want to hold off on the bullet puller I have a NIB CH4D I have never used and probably never will. Weight cases into lots, same dated head stamps will vary up to 30 grains, same with bullets sort them by weight if shooting pulled mil.

Not forsure but I don't think the RC will handle the BMG. I know they do have the Ammomaster that is for the 50.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Musicman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not forsure but I don't think the RC will handle the BMG. I know they do have the Ammomaster that is for the 50. </div></div>

Good catch, the RC Supreme won't do it. The AmmoMaster 50 or AmmoMaster 2 will.

Yep, the Rockchucker is not big enough to reload 50 bmg.

Also, depending on the level of shooting you are doing I feel the M2 primer seater is a waste of money.

I use a 5C collet block with a 33/64" collet for a puller. It was cheap, and doesn't mark the projos.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbqncigars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a 5C collet block with a 33/64" collet for a puller. It was cheap, and doesn't mark the projos. </div></div>

i have the same setup i bought from ebay
works great for $45.00 shipped if I remember correctly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Also, depending on the level of shooting you are doing I feel the M2 primer seater is a waste of money. </div></div>

i completely agree
unless you plan on shooting sub 1/2 moa @1,000 yards all the time this isnt necessary
its just alot of money that could be used for more components

I have a Lee classic cast press. For the money it is great! Strong and well made, and you can get it in the .50 cal kit.

I have a Lee as well. I may step up to a RCBS in the future, but for now I will make the Lee work. I could not find a bullet puller to fit the Lee, so I made one. It works real well. It screws into the press and uses a collet just like my smaller RCBS puller.