• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Kmw loggerhead

Killshot6.5

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2018
Anyone know where to get my hands on one? Or even any hardware for making an adjustable cheek weld. Everywhere i have looked has been sold out.

Yea I saw they sold out on the KMW site. I thought there was another site that sold them but don’t remember what that was. I am selling a stock with the KMW loggerhead cheek piece install if interested.

The weight savings compared to the KMW are not that drastic with the LRI because you remove less fill material to install the smaller footprint LRI

That would depend drastically upon the fill material, but I understand what you’re saying.

I’d much appreciate the weight savings on my Manners Elite Hunter. I have no complaints about the KMW, other than it seems to add almost a damn pound to the Manners adjustable stocks. Otherwise, it’s solid.

I’ve only messed with another stock at the range with the LRI hardware. It was just as solid.

Last edited:
The weight savings compared to the KMW are not that drastic with the LRI because you remove less fill material to install the smaller footprint LRI
Interesting. Didn’t think about that. I’d be curious the actual or estimated amount saved with going with the LRI over KMW.

the lri is over double in price for a couple of oz if you are really buying it for the weight savings. Kmw seems like a very solid product and not overpriced like so much in the gun industrie. (Not knocking lri at all those guys do amazing work)

Anyone know where to get my hands on one? Or even any hardware for making an adjustable cheek weld. Everywhere i have looked has been sold out.
Good morning Killshot.

I am out of the clamps due an interruption in the supply chain. More clamps are in anodizing right now and I hope to resume shipping orders for complete LoggerHead hardware sets within 7 days.

Thank you very much for your interest in the LoggerHead hardware.

Be safe,
Terry

./

That would depend drastically upon the fill material, but I understand what you’re saying.

I have no complaints about the KMW, other than it seems to add almost a damn pound to the Manners adjustable stocks. Otherwise, it’s solid.
Good morning WVHick. The current LoggerHead hardware weighs a little over 5 ounces for the complete assembly.

If a completed installation is adding almost a damn pound to any stock then something is out of whack.

A "Light Weight" version of the LoggerHead with tool-less height adjustment will be available in late 2nd quarter of this year as well.

The current version was designed from the beginning to be over-engineered and bomb proof due to the original target audience so super light weight was not the first goal of the design.

You and yours have a safe week.
T.

./

Can you buy new notched posts? I'd like both of my posts to be notched for the c clips to keep it level. I have noticed when taking it off for cleaning it will rock a little on the c clip and can cause a little difference in cheek height position with the other post being able to sink in more. Maybe it's no big deal and I'm big over critical but I'd just like to make it a little easier to make sure I'm getting it back in the same spot. Thanks.

Good morning WVHick. The current LoggerHead hardware weighs a little over 5 ounces for the complete assembly.

If a completed installation is adding almost a damn pound to any stock then something is out of whack.

A "Light Weight" version of the LoggerHead with tool-less height adjustment will be available in late 2nd quarter of this year as well.

The current version was designed from the beginning to be over-engineered and bomb proof due to the original target audience so super light weight was not the first goal of the design.

You and yours have a safe week.
T.

./

I was just going by the quoted weight differences on the Manners site that they list. For example, for the Elite Hunter 1 they list 26-28 ounces and for the Elite Hunter 1A adjustable they list 2.8-2.9 lbs. Maybe there are other differences in the stocks that account for the weight difference?

Attachments

• EB5FB90B-17BE-4CB5-AE40-4144A47ABADA.jpeg
    EB5FB90B-17BE-4CB5-AE40-4144A47ABADA.jpeg
    672.5 KB · Views: 26
I was just going by the quoted weight differences on the Manners site that they list. For example, for the Elite Hunter 1 they list 26-28 ounces and for the Elite Hunter 1A adjustable they list 2.8-2.9 lbs. Maybe there are other differences in the stocks that account for the weight difference?

I am thinking that a stock out of the 2 piece "adjustable" mold will always be heavier because of the added shell weight. I also believe that the ultra light fill used throughout the one piece stock cannot be used in stocks that will host hardware because that fill cannot tolerate any shear at all without tearing out. This would be true of any hardware configuration.

This is just what little I know about the process and manufacture constraints. I would highly encourage you or anyone else having specific questions regarding these type topics to contact Manners directly. Robert Brantley and the crew are super knowledgeable and eager to help.

./

Reactions: WVHick
Is the Loggerhead hardware available at any european vendor?