• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

KMW Sentinel Stock

ponchair

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2007
Tempe, AZ
I have been looking for a Sentinel stock for some time now. I see the new price of around $1200, and would rather purchase a used one to save a little dough. Anyone know where I can find one. Any input is appreciated.

Re: KMW Sentinel Stock

the old saying of hope in one hand and S*%t in the other...

Best of luck.

There are only a handful out there and everyone I know who has one is not giving it up.

That is upsetting. I think I might actually drink my sorrows away finding that out....

LOL.....Yeah I think you will be waiting a long time before you find one at a cheaper price.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ponchair</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is upsetting. I think I might actually drink my sorrows away finding that out....</div></div>

To be fair, that 1200 includes bottom metal and a fully tricked out options list. It's not like comparing the cost to a non-adjustable, 2 studs HTG inlet for BDL...

Why would someone produce something so awesome in limited quantity, retention of value, or just mean?

I looked at KMW's site again, they have left hand in stock, why couldn't I have been born left handed. Dang it.

I don't think many have characterized Terry as "selfish bastard."

It's new, many of those that are floating around are the prototypes from what was first developed. Additionally he developed the stock to be part of his signature rifle, he didn't undertake the expense of developing all this, paying for the casts, designing the bottom metal, etc just out of boredom. IMHO it was REALLY nice of him to release a few into the wild WITHOUT requiring that it be attached to one of his builds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think many have characterized Terry as "selfish bastard."

It's new, many of those that are floating around are the prototypes from what was first developed. Additionally he developed the stock to be part of his signature rifle, he didn't undertake the expense of developing all this, paying for the casts, designing the bottom metal, etc just out of boredom. IMHO it was REALLY nice of him to release a few into the wild WITHOUT requiring that it be attached to one of his builds.

</div></div>
Believe me in know way was I criticizing Mr. Cross, he makes a fine tuned product and I am just upset that one isn't sitting underneath my 700 right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ponchair</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would someone produce something so awesome in limited quantity, retention of value, or just mean?</div></div>

As Ratbert said, they are part of his signature rifles, he sells a few to the general public too.

Now as to why the limited quantity, Terry is basically a one man shop, builds outstanding rifles with the utmost care. Should he take away time from building rifles to peddle stocks? At $1,000+ a piece, how many could you buy to stock them for resale? I'm sure he had to pay McMillan to build the mold, develope the stock and then have the bottom metal made. All this stuff takes time and money, I'm sure Terry doesn't have $250,000 sitting around to fill his shop with extra stocks for when guys want one to bolt a PSS B/A into.

Now, I can be a little bit more forgiving on this, because I happen to have a new Surgeon build on a Sentinel that I'm shooting for the first time today.
laugh.gif
And I hope to get on Terry's long list for a Sentinel build one day too.

As for finding a used one for a "deal", no chance. I'd say an available Sentinel could even demand a premium!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ponchair</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would someone produce something so awesome in limited quantity, retention of value, or just mean?</div></div>

As Ratbert said, they are part of his signature rifles, he sells a few to the general public too.

Now as to why the limited quantity, Terry is basically a one man shop, builds outstanding rifles with the utmost care. Should he take away time from building rifles to peddle stocks? At $1,000+ a piece, how many could you buy to stock them for resale? I'm sure he had to pay McMillan to build the mold, develope the stock and then have the bottom metal made. All this stuff takes time and money, I'm sure Terry doesn't have $250,000 sitting around to fill his shop with extra stocks for when guys want one to bolt a PSS B/A into.

Now, I can be a little bit more forgiving on this, because I happen to have a new Surgeon build on a Sentinel that I'm shooting for the first time today.
laugh.gif
And I hope to get on Terry's long list for a Sentinel build one day too.

As for finding a used one for a "deal", no chance. I'd say an available Sentinel could even demand a premium!! </div></div>

JasonK,

I want to see a picture...pretty please!

ok, thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ponchair</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would someone produce something so awesome in limited quantity, retention of value, or just mean? </div></div>

You must not know Terry Cross if you have to ask this.

First off lets think about the 1200.00 Tag.

McM A5 with a LOP Spacer System, 1 stud, 4 flush cups, with no BM is 725.00 shipped.

Add a Badger BM...350. That brings it to 1075.00

Now add the logger head Terry puts on....another what? 200? 150? Now you can see how fast 1200.00 goes when it comes to a nice stock with BM.

Now think of all the R&D Terry put in over the years to get this stock into production. I am sure the mold McMillan uses to make the stock is not exactly cheap. The BM doesn't just seat itself in the stock either. From what I understand Terry has to do a bit of work before the final product is ready to ship to the consumer.

Also, at $1000+ each he's probably making MAYBE $100 of profit off the stock. MAYBE. Not really worth it to him to tie up all his time trying to be a stock vendor when the value add he brings to a full rifle build is so much more. Especially since you want him to do this just because you want to scoop up a Sentinel for LESS than he's charging with that meager profit.

I'm sure Terry could chime in and correct me if I misunderstood, but I remember at the Bash him talking about working on the hardware for a folding version. I would imagine it is a ways off as Terry will insure perfection in the parts and whole kit before it hits the market.

When I had checked Terry's site last month there was "One" Sentinel for the Badger M2008 in the desert camo left. Checked back last week, Gone, Sold Out.
Wish I would've had the funds then, kicking myself now for not begging, borrowing or trading anything to of been able to pick that up. Guess I'll keep checking back to see when another magically appears.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, at $1000+ each he's probably making MAYBE $100 of profit off the stock. MAYBE. Not really worth it to him to tie up all his time trying to be a stock vendor when the value add he brings to a full rifle build is so much more. Especially since you want him to do this just because you want to scoop up a Sentinel for LESS than he's charging with that meager profit. </div></div>

Well hold on, I didn't know much of the background of why so few were made. I am now no longer ignorant of the facts and would happily pay more than retail even for a used one.

All I know is that I want one! Hopefully Terry sells some more stocks to the general public or is taking full builds. I would love to put in a order for a KMW rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll take some pics at the range today.

Wait until you see the kick ass scope I've got on there
wink.gif
</div></div>

Jason did you put your countersniper scope on it?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for the crappy pics, more to come later with full review.

25tujxd.jpg
</div></div>

Can you feel the hate.......well can ya......
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Can you feel the hate.......well can ya......
laugh.gif
</div></div>

You hate Vortex scopes?
laugh.gif

I got to fondle Tim Long TC stock at the Bash, it's a really nice stock that reminded me of a AICS with refinements, in no way does it feel cheap like a AICS does, the bottom metal is a work of art, and fits Terrys stock perfectly, I'm surprised he sells them without him doing a build.

I have fondled one and it was truly a work of art...the bottom metal is something serious and awesome. The design and R&D that went into it is amazing. The only thing i have the slightest dislike for is the finger grooves. For some reason it sits funny in my hand. Again no biggie ill change my hand postion.

Jason when is your A.D.D gonna kick in and you sell that thing? you even gonna run a full box of rounds through it this time?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason when is your A.D.D gonna kick in and you sell that thing? you even gonna run a full box of rounds through it this time?</div></div>

I'll have you know that I shot 47 rounds through it today, so there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason when is your A.D.D gonna kick in and you sell that thing? you even gonna run a full box of rounds through it this time?</div></div>

I'll have you know that I shot 47 rounds through it today, so there! </div></div>

I have one slot left in the safe for this one!!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing i have the slightest dislike for is the finger grooves. For some reason it sits funny in my hand. Again no biggie ill change my hand postion.
</div></div>

Yeah it was questions about the finger grooves and the harris specific molding (not that I can blame him given his product line, but I use an Atlas on anything I can these days) the stopped me from ordering one of the 2008 prototypes a couple months ago. I'll be interested to see what Jason's take on it is, and how that effects how long it will be before he PM's me with an offer to sell.

LOL Ratbert. I plan on "attempting" to modify mine to take the Atlas rail, just need to examine it a bit more to make sure I do it right. I'll post pics when I do.

I will say, it fits the Harris like a glove, freaking brilliant in that regard.

Churn 15-20 thousand worth of gear a year and you too could be on the inside track when stuff like this comes up for sale! Join us! Come over to the dark side...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Churn 15-20 thousand worth of gear a year and you too could be on the inside track when stuff like this comes up for sale! Join us! Come over to the dark side...

</div></div>

You think that could have something to do with it?
wink.gif

I thought it was my charm and good looks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was my charm and good looks. </div></div>
It is, but no one can tell while you're looking at yourself in the mirror!!
grin.gif

Shooters,

When I first received my two Sentinal stocks I sat them in the middle of the floor in my den....I realized how lucky I was to own such a work of art. I've recently built my .260 Rem and my .338 Lapua both on Surgeon actions using the stocks.
EVERYONE who handles these or is lucky enough to shoot one of them SIMPLY fall in love with instantly. They fit me like OJ's glove and I would n't use anything else after this experience with Terry's stocks!

And the bonus is working with Terry. Although we've never met in person I know he is a real stand up guy and his word means something. He is one of the most professional business men I've ever delt with and I'm 100 MILLION percent happy with his customer service. When your a one man show it's hard to get back to everyone let alone produce a most awesome product fast enough to satisfy everyones appetite... plus build state of the art weapons systems THAT WORK....to keep people alive. It's a tough business but Terry has made his mark in the precision tactical shooting world. I have the upmost respect for him and encourage shooters to "wait" how ever long it takes to receive this 100% bad ass stock. It's MORE than worth it. Kinda like a night with Dolly Parton! You wont be able to take your hands off of it! And that's worth a heck of alot more than $1200.00. Most guys spend that in beer in a few months. Stop drinking and shoot more!

Tom
TVP

Indeed, please post pictures. Thanks for posting yours Jason, work of art.

By the way, I bought an AICS. Looking forward to seeing it, but man I wish it was the Sentinel stock...sitting in my living room...looking like Dolly Parton. Boobs.

DesertMonkey, that is the best rifle I have ever laid my eyes on. Well done and fuck you
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DesertMonkey, that is the best rifle I have ever laid my eyes on. Well done and fuck you
smile.gif
</div></div>

hahahah!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are a few old pics of mine. My favorite gun!!
DSC01440.jpg

DSC00082.jpg
</div></div>

YOU SIR.........

BLAH....

The problem is I have used this rifle....

I'm working on that today...I promise. My camera took a dump on me so I have to borrow one. Working on setting up rifles with good lighting to get good pics. My house is dark and it 19 degs. outside!

Thanks,
Tom

The Sentinel stock is the best stock available in my opinion. I have shot all the Mcm's and the AICS. The Sentinel bridges the gap and then some. Terry is one of a kind as far as smiths. There are alot of good smiths around. As well as some excellent ones. But Terry's rifles seem to come with a little bit more. Kinda hard to explain until you spend alot of time with one. Maybe its just cajun mojo, but there is certainly a "feel" to his rifles that is unmatched. There is none better if you ask me. I'm just a cop that happens to shoot a KMW, not an expert on anything.