• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KMW Sentinel Stocks

Mormegil87

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 21, 2013
    The Frozen Tundra
    Is anyone shooting one for PRS matches? How's the balance? How well do they run on barricades?

Looking at picking one up as a change of pace to my MDTs.

I shoot one at local matches, but I'm a bottom of pack guy. I like the ergonomics of the stock. Mine had to be bedded, I would have went with his bedding block. Terry Cross is good people. I've taken training from him and will try to get in another class this year. I need to point out that his class was NOT a kmw sales pitch in any form. Actually you would never know he's one of the best gunsmiths if you didn't ask.

I know that Regina Milkovich shoots one. She's a top of the pack shooter.
    I saw she had a dovetail type rail installed on the foreman.

They're very comfortable. IMO my wobble was better/smaller with the KMW vs my Foundation, granted that could be because I was able to get the KMW to fit me better in the grip/trigger interface. Balance with a 26" M24 is maybe an inch in front of the mag, but you can always hang a 6 lb block of steel off the front if you want to change that. Still...I like the ACC better overall for what we do

I had it for a good portion of last season. Just got it back from a cerakote job. In any case this is for a separate build. Not a replacement for the MDT. More like in addition to.
    No worries, pay me no mind. I just seem to remember how much of a struggle you went through to get your manners stock to sorta fit you. I figured that’s why you liked your chassis. Did you see the new manners coming out? It looks way more adjustable than the kmw.

I really want to like Manners but until they fix their trigger to grip distance I just can't own one again. Same for a Foundation.

The KMWs seem to have a shorter grip to trigger and an LOP that goes down to 12.5"

Been wondering about the same thing.

Bought a barely used KMW Sentinel with a Badger m2013 action, jury 6XC barrel, bix'n andy 2 stage, a few AW mags + some other stuff for cheap.

Going to have it as a back up rifle, and probably use it on competitions with lots of prone stages and really long ranges.

Never even seen the stock before so, going to be fun to try it out on barricades.

Last edited:
    Kmw and AI are going to have the closest grip to trigger guard distance. Followed by the Mcmillan A10.

I have short fingers and they all do a very good job of getting closer.

I really want to like Manners but until they fix their trigger to grip distance I just can't own one again. Same for a Foundation.

The KMWs seem to have a shorter grip to trigger and an LOP that goes down to 12.5"
    Have you ever handled the Manners T5A? I have smaller hands and know what you mean with trigger to grip distance. The T5A is a thumbhole similar to the KMW. I don't always use the thumbhole when shooting, but my finger reaches the trigger easily. Hands down the most comfortable stock/chassis I've ever handled.

Balance point for my rifle is an inch or so in front of the magwell with a 25" Heavy palma

? and you guys think carnies have small hands! ?

Reactions: Steel head
    ? and you guys think carnies have small hands! ?

8C69C487-9073-4A0D-AC6C-73C0C5BC91F9.gif

• Haha
    Reactions: Geno C.
    I have three rifles in Sentinel stocks and wish I had a fourth.
    They are in a fairly wide range of calibers; 223, 6 Dasher and 6.5PRC.
    I do not shoot PRS but I do compete with these rifles. I also have a few AI/AICS chassis and the transition (at least for me) from AI to KMW is pretty much seamless. I may be one of the few that literally hate getting behind a rifle in a metal chassis (MPA, XLR, MDT, etc). Nothing against any of these manufacturers (especially XLR which is second to none in CS) but they just don't work for me.

Reactions: Geno C.
    That’s the balance point. It’s sitting on a flat spot on vice that is about 2”x2”

Here’s another Kmw sentinel. This time with nvg rail and Henderson arca installed. Vudoo is in it for now. But it will be a lone peak Fuzion by week’s end. Chambered in el tigre joto.

501BC069-DB14-498A-979D-0D1AFA7F2ACE.jpeg

Here’s another Kmw sentinel. This time with nvg rail and Henderson arca installed. Vudoo is in it for now. But it will be a lone peak Fuzion by week’s end. Chambered in el tigre joto.

View attachment 7244941

Got all your money into rifles and ZCO optics, so you're using your $50 eBay special camera, huh? :ROFLMAO:

You've always had excellent taste. I'm trying to get back into things, and while I can't swing another AI for some time, I'm trying to decide if I want to skimp on a few other things and pick up an KMW or go traditional with a Manners/McM. Those KMWs feel an awful lot like an AI... ?

Got all your money into rifles and ZCO optics, so you're using your $50 eBay special camera, huh? :ROFLMAO:

You've always had excellent taste. I'm trying to get back into things, and while I can't swing another AI for some time, I'm trying to decide if I want to skimp on a few other things and pick up an KMW or go traditional with a Manners/McM. Those KMWs feel an awful lot like an AI... ?

Ya, it blows. iPhone X or whatever. But I work outside with phone in breast pocket. So the case lens is always terrible ?

Reactions: Basher
    But yea. AI and Sentinel are extremely close in the way the grips feel.

I thought it was a softening effect all the chicks use now when making duck face pics these days.

AW, AE and KMW are on my want list.

I really want an AW. But I’m not a collector. So $4-6k ain’t happening with AT available.

Kmw is great prone. Never really liked it on barricades. The bedding block is excellent never had to bed and was very accurate. By the way Regina shoots a foundation now but she could probably shoot anything well

How do y’all like the small hump in the forearm and what benefit does it have?

How comfortable is same side grip on these? Never could warm up to my AT’s thumbhole nor really cared for it using samb300’s thumbrest.

How do y’all like the small hump in the forearm and what benefit does it have?

How comfortable is same side grip on these? Never could warm up to my AT’s thumbhole nor really cared for it using samb300’s thumbrest.

I rest that hump on bags or use the front angle to dig into bags. Works very well that way.

The side grip is very similar to an AI. It’s a bit thinner than AI where your thumb is, so your thumb doesn’t feel like it’s being pushed away from your hand like it does for some with the AI.

If you barely didn’t like the AI, you might like this. If the AI wasn’t even in your ballpark, sentinel may not be for you.

Reactions: PBWalsh
    I rest that hump on bags or use the front angle to dig into bags. Works very well that way.

The side grip is very similar to an AI. It’s a bit thinner than AI where your thumb is, so your thumb doesn’t feel like it’s being pushed away from your hand like it does for some with the AI.

If you barely didn’t like the AI, you might like this. If the AI wasn’t even in your ballpark, sentinel may not be for you.

Thats unfortunate. I really like the looks of these and the trigger reach looks perfect. One thing I did like about the AT was the short trigger reach and shorter LOP, both of which the KMW seems to have. Hard to find those features on other stocks.

Do you think there is enough room to cut/file a thumb shelf on the “bridge” of the thumbhole?

Of course that may be extreme to cut on a $1300 stock...

Thats unfortunate. I really like the looks of these and the trigger reach looks perfect. One thing I did like about the AT was the short trigger reach and shorter LOP, both of which the KMW seems to have. Hard to find those features on other stocks.

Do you think there is enough room to cut/file a thumb shelf on the “bridge” of the thumbhole?

Of course that may be extreme to cut on a $1300 stock...

I think there is enough meat in the stock to do it if you need it to like it.

The grip to trigger distance is exactly why it’s my preferred stock. Same with why I like an AI so much.

And I agree. A sentinel + triggertech is awesome. It’s the only reason I stray from AI from time to time.

Reactions: PBWalsh
    Is there any place to naturally rest your thumb on the stock? Like for example, could you rest your thumb near the tang and still have your index aligned with the trigger? Lol im asian and have small hands as well. This is my only thing holding me back before ordering one.

Is there any place to naturally rest your thumb on the stock? Like for example, could you rest your thumb near the tang and still have your index aligned with the trigger? Lol im asian and have small hands as well. This is my only thing holding me back before ordering one.

You just rest your thumb on the side.

Any issues with like thumb fatigue or like misalignment while using? Or do you find it pretty consistent with hand placement.

None.

Your thumb has literally zero to do with hand placement. You should be able to cut it off and see no difference in how you grip or shoot a rifle. All the thumb rests and such are just newer trends that have come about.

What's the largest barrel contour that you've managed to fit in the Sentinel?