• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knesek Guns

redbastrd

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2008
I have been looking over the products on there website, looks like they have the best of the best. I found this reference to them on the web. Is this one mans opinion of them? Or has anyone here had bad dealings with them?

http://kgiswindlers.blogspot.com/

Re: Knesek Guns

It appears the KGI has misrepresented themselves to more than one company. The construction company that built their site has a lien on them. They have not paid at least three companies for their rifles or use of them(Chey-Tac among them). They have started false representative websites to abscond business from reputable companies(again, Chey Tac).

This is just from a small amount of google fu following the links from your link and asking the question five times. What kind of business is KGI and what are they doing?

It appears that KGI is a shell company with zero liquid asset and lots of bad debt. Someone who I would not do business with in the best interest of my hard earned cash

They're terrible. I bought the Thor XM408 and have had nothing but problems with the company. Major problems too....

1. They lied about the shipping date on my rifle as well as ammo and shipped it at least three weeks after they said it was "out the door."
2. They messed up the logo that I had custom engraved on the rifle (put it on the wrong side).
3. They ordered the wrong spotting scope and sent it to the wrong address. The correct laser range finder also went to the wrong address.
4. It's been over 6 months and I still haven't received my paperwork for my suppressor. I tried to give up the purchase but they wont cancel the order without a 50% restocking fee.
5. The indestructible THOR rings broke on my Night Force which is why I couldn't group. They said they'll send me replacements two months ago. They forgot about it... I reminded them again three days ago and they said they'd overnight it. Called again today and it still hasn't shipped.

So just know that you can spend over $10,000 at this place and they'll still treat you like crap.

Hey there,

Haven't heard from you in awhile, I was unaware that there was any issue or that you had a problem with any of your order. The last time we spoke you had sent over some photos of your rifle and were happy with the way everything had turned out.

The ship date of your rifle was to the best of our ability, occasionally we receive bad information as to when we will receive parts, and in an effort to assist you, we provide that information as soon as we receive it. I regret that I'm not able to keep these rifles in stock and on the shelf all the time, but there are some gaps that I'm completely sold out and waiting on a component, usually a few barrels so I can finish the remainder of a customer's order. I apologize we had bad info, but I assure you that we were doing everything we could to get you the rifle as quickly as possible.

In regards to your engraving, this is how the gentleman we use in town that has a laser machine put your logo on the rifle, due to the shape of the receiver it would be difficult to do this otherwise, and from what I understood, you were fine with the size and location. If you'd like to send the rifle back I can have the cerakote re-applied and re-engrave the receiver pretty quickly.

I am not sure where we dropped the ball about the range finder situation, I will do some research and pull up what addresses we had on file and find out what happened so I can get to the bottom of it for you

I'm not sure why you did not receive your documents for the suppressor, we ship all our documents via fedex in document envelopes. I can get copies pulled and sent to you - just give me a call sometime today if you're able

I believe the rings went out last night, as well, on our trip to their depot.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been dissatisfied with any part of this transaction, but from the last communications we had, I was under the impression you were completely taken care of. You can always email or call me directly, I'm typically in the office.

Just ran through some of my past emails with you - the last message I have is dated December 7th 2010. In that email it also has my cell number where you are free to SMS me anytime to make sure you're happy.

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon
-Max

Good Day,

I am having all the email transactions, all the paperwork documents, etc etc sent to me and I will compile a timeline between Knesek and yourself, between manufactures that equipment was ordered from, replies from said manufactures, tracking numbers/dates from manufactures, tracking numbers/dates from us to you and get to the bottom of this problem. I can assure you that we do not want you or anyone else to be unhappy with purchase OR customer service.

ThorGDG
479-474-3434

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribebreaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on some bad companies out there...

Knesek Guns! Don't go near them.

After spending over $11,000 (Thor XM408, optics, range finder, spotting scopes, ammo...

1. They lied about the shipping date on my rifle as well as ammo and shipped it at least three weeks after they said it was "out the door." <span style="color: #FF0000">I will get the date transactions on the paperwork and cross reference that to transactions/shipping from the manufacture</span>
2. They messed up the logo that I had custom engraved on the rifle (put it on the wrong side and too large so only a portion of it fit). <span style="color: #FF0000">Max covered this in his reply</span>
3. They ordered the wrong spotting scope and sent it to the wrong address. The correct laser range finder also went to the wrong address. <span style="color: #FF0000">I will pull the order paperwork and crosscheck what the manufactures part number fit your item in regards to part number that we ordered compared to what part number you received. I will also check the order paperwork for correct address in regards to address shipped.</span>
4. It's been over 6 months and I still haven't received my paperwork for my suppressor. I tried to give up the purchase but they wont cancel the order without a 50% restocking fee. <span style="color: #FF0000">Max covered this in his reply</span>
5. The indestructible THOR rings broke on my Night Force which is why I couldn't group. They said they'll send me replacements two months ago. They forgot about it... I reminded them again three days ago and they said they'd overnight it. Called again today and it still hasn't shipped. <span style="color: #FF0000">Can you please let me know what broke? Tracking number for replacement rings-- PMing you with FedEx Tracking number right now</span>

So just know that you can spend over $11,000 at this place and they'll still treat you like crap. </div></div>

Update: To my surprise Knesek contacted me shortly after I gave the "early warning" and have been very proactive in figuring out what went wrong with my order(s).

As for the wrong items being ordered and shipped to the wrong location, 100% of that comes down to a particular person whom I don't think is around anymore (just assuming). When asked which items shipped and to what location and when, his reply was repeatedly something to the effect of "all your stuff shipped to you this week." Needless to say that's no way to track thousands of dollars worth of gear. Like I said, I haven't heard from him in a while.

I have however heard from Knesek's "command element" and they've been extremely proactive in ironing things out. Six months ago I couldn't get a hold of them but now they take up my inbox.

As for the Thor XM408, the jury is still out. I'll update this thread and/or start a new one when I start collecting data (as well as terminal ballistic data). I have another friend who bought an XM408 through another party and another friend leaning towards an XM408 as well. Perhaps we'll be able to post our future experiences for anyone else looking at the 408's.

Good Day,

Thanks for giving us the chance to fix this problem and get you happy in regards to your purchase as well as doing business with us.
As mentioned, when I get your rifle I will personally go over the entire system from front to back and side to side. I will then get out on range and have your system ready for you to just open the case, load and pull the trigger. I will have ammunition information that I used, Will have the starting point for your data very well started.
Also please remember that you can set up your training course for whenever you get a chance. I have 2000m+ areas that we can go so that you will have data at whatever intervals you desire.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It appears the KGI has misrepresented themselves to more than one company. The construction company that built their site has a lien on them. They have not paid at least three companies for their rifles or use of them(Chey-Tac among them). They have started false representative websites to abscond business from reputable companies(again, Chey Tac).

This is just from a small amount of google fu following the links from your link and asking the question five times. What kind of business is KGI and what are they doing?

It appears that KGI is a shell company with zero liquid asset and lots of bad debt. Someone who I would not do business with in the best interest of my hard earned cash </div></div>
This is a very interesting set of posts! I have read the Knesek reply, but what is missing is their response to the "shell company, zero assets, bad debt, liens etc. It is as if, they don't have a problem with those facts. If those claims were false, I'm sure an honest businessman would be blowing his top, but their silence tells a big story. You have done a great service to others by keeping them from getting "burned", who knows what could happen to "customers" money if the courts get involved!

@Paw Print -

Thanks for the reply; I will be more than happy to reassure anyone on the forum that we are not a shell company with zero assets, bad debt, liens etc., but I am unsure as to what method you would deem appropriate to do so.

Our facility, inventory, company vehicles and equipment, land and all other assets are completely paid in full and we have a very strict policy of keeping our company on that side of the line.

Please feel free to call or email me anytime - 479-474-1680 / [email protected]

I don't know you, nor have I ever done business with you, however; I could not help but notice on 08/04/10 a long post was made regarding false rep/liens etc (see full string), and that you never responded to that poster. I am glad you are coming straight out and calling SWITCHBLADE an outright liar. One of you two have a problem with the truth. I am not calling Swithblade a liar, not at all. I would like to see some more info so I, and all the others reading this string could make up our minds-only one of you two can be telling the truth, you both may be telling lies, but at the most, only one can be telling the truth.

Knesek Guns shows a BBB rating of F.

I'd stay away from both companies (THOR and Knesek). It's my suspicion that the products listed on their website are at a severe disconnect with the real inventory in the warehouse. It appears that they'll take your order (and your money) and then begin the process of finding the product for you. That of course takes a long time and should the customer decide to back out of the order (who wants to wait 6 months for something that was supposedly in stock?), Knesek will charge you a 50% restocking fee.

I'm sincerely surprised that Knesek and Thor have stayed in business for as long as they have. Every business has a bad day but the consistency of problems here brings the integrity of the company as well as their employees into question.

Knesek what can you tell me about this order I placed, haven't received but was immediately billed for?
Order #5042 <small>(Pending)</small>
Order Date: Monday 04 March, 2013

<tbody>
</tbody>

msmith64,
Have all your paperwork in order. Do not delay, and keep badgering them until the order is filled to your satisfaction. Contact Larry Knesek directly, do not accept talking to anyone else. I will gladly discuss my dealings with KGI once all the dust settles.