• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Knights 7.62 URX 3.1 rail fit on DPMS upper?

RickyRodney

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2014
MD
So will a Knights 7.62 URX 3.1 rail fit on a DPMS upper? I was considering one despite the expense. My google searches were not helpful thanks.

Reactions: tjdaley
They will absolutely fit. Though it does take a little work. You will need to bore out the ID of the barrel nut since KAC barrels use a smaller OD barrel extension. I've done a handful of them, so feel free to send me a PM if you need some help.

I usually machine the back of the rail as well while I'm doing the install to eliminate the gap.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i43.photobucket.com\/albums\/e398\/unclemoak\/Photo%20Jan%2030%208%2015%2044%20PM.jpg"}[/IMG2]

An FDE set I did for myself.

The fit before boring out the ID of the barrel nut

Skimming a bit off to get it to clock correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ehtacs and tjdaley
So being as I don't have the means to perform that machine work, what does it cost have a this rail installed on an upper?

That is bad ass!! Have you ever converted any DPMS Gen2's to accept ar10 handguards? There isn't many companies that offer up a small frame .308 handguard.

I think the KAC URX is "High" profile so it will mate with an aero 308 upper perfectly, never heard that it has a different OD though. 80 bucks to have it installed isn't bad considering that the "special" wrench required is 200$ or whatever other silly number.

I think the KAC URX is "High" profile so it will mate with an aero 308 upper perfectly, never heard that it has a different OD though. 80 bucks to have it installed isn't bad considering that the "special" wrench required is 200$ or whatever other silly number.

I make those too for substantially less than KAC does.

20160212_172421.jpg

Hello Unclemoak, I realize this is an old thread but I am interested in the work you do and had a few questions. First, did the URX rail in FDE show above come in FDE or did you get in creakoted? I am thinking about purchasing a URX rail but I have only found it in black. If I do decide to go this route do you still do the work or sell the wrenches? Thank you.

Looking good!!!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/photos.imageevent.com\/mstn\/bigblockgasguns\/huge\/IMG_5857.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/photos.imageevent.com\/mstn\/bigblockgasguns\/huge\/IMG_3193.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Very nice. I like the cerakote job who did it? I have a URX rail on order and I need a good place to get it cerakoted.

Last edited:
Hello Unclemoak, I realize this is an old thread but I am interested in the work you do and had a few questions. First, did the URX rail in FDE show above come in FDE or did you get in creakoted? I am thinking about purchasing a URX rail but I have only found it in black. If I do decide to go this route do you still do the work or sell the wrenches? Thank you.

It came black and was Cerakoted FDE.

I absolutely still do installatiom work and sell SR25 versions of the URX wrench if you want to tackle it yourself.

Reactions: ACGuns
It came black and was Cerakoted FDE.

I absolutely still do installatiom work and sell SR25 versions of the URX wrench if you want to tackle it yourself.

Great, Just got the handguard today. I will be sending it off to be cereakoted very soon. I will either have you do the install or just buy the wrench. I have bored out a barrel nut before for a heavy barrel ar15 so I should be able to do it . Can I just PM you when I'm ready to either buy the wrench or have the work done? I saw your post on m4carbine too those wrenches look nice. I can't believe that wrench is so expensive, it is 322 dollars on Optics planet. I plan on only using it once but it would be nice to have If I ever want to take the handgaurd off. Thanks.

Last edited: