• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Knight's Armament NV scopes

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
It appears that THE state-of-the-art NV add-on scopes are now made by Knight's Armament, with the top line scope going for a mere $54,000.

A pretty decent model goes for a breathtaking $10,700. But hey, you're geting the absolute best in NV tech and reliability. A small home equity loan should help that purchase.

Besure to put one in Knight's electronic shopping cart today! :eek:)

Re: Knight's Armament NV scopes

Sounds more like a sales ad to me.......

I've never heard of any NV going for 54k, let alone something weapon mounted. Perhaps a thermal system, but even that figure would be insane for something personnel carried.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never heard of any NV going for 54k, let alone something weapon mounted. Perhaps a thermal system, but even that figure would be insane for something personnel carried.</div></div>

IIRC the FIST sight is 50k plus. It's a fused technology clip on. Their clip on LR thermal is in the mid 20's if i'm not mistaken.

I posted originally as a statement of the (very) high cost of NV top end equipment.

Apparently the U.S. Army has ordered Knight's Armament Company UNS-LR, now designated by the military as AN/PFS-30 SNS (Super Night Sight). It's an $82. Million order. But hey, just one Joint Force Strike Fighter would cost about that much, minus armaments.

Knight's image intensifier appears to be the current state-or-the art.Evidently the Gen 3 NV scopes (U.S. sales only) sport a Pinnacle intensifier tube.

Not sure what that night vision snap-on scope costs to civilians but my guess would be in the $10,000.+ range.