• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights Armament Precision Bipod

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
What do people who have the Knights Armament Precision Bipod thinking about it. The design seems nice, but it appears to me that the gear notches that the legs lock into are aluminum and not steel is that the case? It also seems like it might be a little floppy without the pan drag screw.

I have one, it's a little floppy. I think of it as a better harris, or a sloppy atlas

KAC makes good shit but you pay a premium for them, sometime more than it should cost. If you are KAC whore and you can afford it, why not.

Otherwise had to beat an atlas.

The demand really ramped up as soon as KAC announced their discontinuation. I liked the older version with the pan and drag screw and serrated feet. Nonetheless KAC Bipod is robust and from my understanding had non-rotating legs. However, an Atlas Bipod is a great bang for the money when comparing to KAC.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the first iterations, the bipod had issues sliding into rails with Cerakote. The tolerance was tight.

I think it is an excellent gas gun bipod, which is likely where it was intended. Stows tight, but still has a wide stance when open. Manipulation of the legs and extensions work well for how a gas gun would typically be employed. There’s slop in the system, and I for one have come to favor it - helps as a tool for achieving consistent loading, which is critical for shooting a gas gun in a precision application.