• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights armament urx 3.1 rail panels

Mj30wilson900

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Missouri
    I am curious what these panels were made of. There are a bunch for sale on gunbroker but they are made of polymer. I would have thought that knights would have made them out of a different material like aluminum for durability.

I was thinking it would be a g2 carbon fiber type material also. Polymer just doesn’t seem like it would be the way knights would go.

The Knight's website says it's polymer.

I've had mine for a while. They're pretty awesome.

They panels are nice for comfort but the 3.1 handguard gets hot as fuck when you’re doing carbine drills. I like mine very much but be aware if you end up shooting with any pace you best have access to a glove.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    They panels are nice for comfort but the 3.1 handguard gets hot as fuck when you’re doing carbine drills. I like mine very much but be aware if you end up shooting with any pace you best have access to a glove.
    That is why I am surprised that polymer was used on the panel material instead of g2 carbon fiber.

That is why I am surprised that polymer was used on the panel material instead of g2 carbon fiber.

I’m not mag dumping. I run moderate drills through a heavy 12.5” with Wylde chamber and RL-15/77SMK ( I know, it’s what I have) and I’ve seen no-issue with heat doing anything to the panels. But again, they don’t really do anything to mitigate the heat, they just move it a little. I’d like to see KAC (or whomever) make a shielded handguard or shielded covers. Keeping it thin enough to be comfortable would necessitate the use of a thinner barrel but honestly we don’t need the truck axles we run these days.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    I’m not mag dumping. I run moderate drills through a heavy 12.5” with Wylde chamber and RL-15/77SMK ( I know, it’s what I have) and I’ve seen no-issue with heat doing anything to the panels. But again, they don’t really do anything to mitigate the heat, they just move it a little. I’d like to see KAC (or whomever) make a shielded handguard or shielded covers. Keeping it thin enough to be comfortable would necessitate the use of a thinner barrel but honestly we don’t need the truck axles we run these days.
    Are their any other companies that made rail covers for the knights urx 3.1

There is no reason to use anything else. I have run them through multiple 500rnd/day courses and a few 1K+ range days with zero issues.

Stop trying to make solutions where no problems exist.
    Ok that is the answer that I wanted really. A previous posted said hand guard got hot. But I really wanted someone to chime in and state that hey you are good with those parts not melting.