• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights Armanent sa-25 pricing

Re: Knights Armanent sa-25 pricing

Why so upset, people? To each their own. Everyone on this site has purchased an overpriced gun simply because it's looks cool. Let's all take a second to enjoy my 100th post and now I can sell stuff on the forum (wish I had one of those fancy kac's to sell to all you stoopid city slickers with more money than brains)

I don't think George and the crew at GAP would ever try to compare themselves to Knight's that would be like comparing a corner store to Sam's Club...KAC has one mill that is worth twice as much as GAP's entire operation...Not downing GAP they build a fine rifle but the Gov cant wait 13mos for one piece..And if any manufacture was turning that quanity I don't think they could hold 1/10 MOA out of every rifle that left the building. I don't know if the rifle the OP mentioned is worth close to $6,000 but mark my words someone will buy it cause there is an ass for every seat..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think George and the crew at GAP would ever try to compare themselves to Knight's that would be like comparing a corner store to Sam's Club...KAC has one mill that is worth twice as much as GAP's entire operation...Not downing GAP they build a fine rifle but the Gov cant wait 13mos for one piece..And if any manufacture was turning that quanity I don't think they could hold 1/10 MOA out of every rifle that left the building. I don't know if the rifle the OP mentioned is worth close to $6,000 but mark my words someone will buy it cause there is an ass for every seat.. </div></div>

One mill that is worth all of GAP....where the fuck do you guys come up with this shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think George and the crew at GAP would ever try to compare themselves to Knight's that would be like comparing a corner store to Sam's Club...KAC has one mill that is worth twice as much as GAP's entire operation...Not downing GAP they build a fine rifle but the Gov cant wait 13mos for one piece..And if any manufacture was turning that quanity I don't think they could hold 1/10 MOA out of every rifle that left the building. I don't know if the rifle the OP mentioned is worth close to $6,000 but mark my words someone will buy it cause there is an ass for every seat.. </div></div>

One mill that is worth all of GAP....where the fuck do you guys come up with this shit. </div></div>

KAC has machines that cost well in excess of 1 million dollars...GAP has no automated machinery to my knowledge..

What GAP does have is a talented group of guys and an owner that will not let shit leave his building...

I wonder how many people have actual time on the SR25s in this thread....of the top of my head Im guessing, Joe, Shane, Poison, and myself. Everything else seems like regurgitated internet bullshit, Killshot being the worst, who has been quoted saying he has 8K wrapped up in a POF
crazy.gif

Well that ends the conversation...If he has 8,000 tied up in a POF then the KAC is definetly worth 6,000...

I have 'time' on older SR25's back when they were called 'match' or whatever rifles. A friend of mine owns one as a reg'd assault rifle. Neat but not 4500$ neat...

Only real reason to buy one would be for collecting purposes; otherwise your money is better spent elsewhere.

KAC doesn't price their rifles for the civilian market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many people have actual time on the SR25s in this thread....of the top of my head Im guessing, Joe, Shane, Poison, and myself. Everything else seems like regurgitated internet bullshit, Killshot being the worst, who has been quoted saying he has 8K wrapped up in a POF
crazy.gif
</div></div>

That includes optic, trigger, stock, bipod, monopod, mount, case, etc. Would you like exact costs for everything, including tax and shipping? And, yes, I have been behind the trigger of a KAC and I felt then as I do now. There's nothing about the way it looks, feels, or shoots that makes that rifle worth the premium KAC asks for it.

For the record, it's not uncommon to have 6k-10k wrapped up in a setup, take a look around. What is INSANE is spending $6000 on ANY AR-15 or AR-10 rifle and nothing else but, hey, a fool and his money are soon parted so knock yourself out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think George and the crew at GAP would ever try to compare themselves to Knight's that would be like comparing a corner store to Sam's Club...KAC has one mill that is worth twice as much as GAP's entire operation...Not downing GAP they build a fine rifle but the Gov cant wait 13mos for one piece..And if any manufacture was turning that quanity I don't think they could hold 1/10 MOA out of every rifle that left the building. I don't know if the rifle the OP mentioned is worth close to $6,000 but mark my words someone will buy it cause there is an ass for every seat.. </div></div>

One mill that is worth all of GAP....where the fuck do you guys come up with this shit. </div></div>

KAC has machines that cost well in excess of 1 million dollars...GAP has no automated machinery to my knowledge.. </div></div>

and you know this for fact how?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prison bitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think George and the crew at GAP would ever try to compare themselves to Knight's that would be like comparing a corner store to Sam's Club...KAC has one mill that is worth twice as much as GAP's entire operation...Not downing GAP they build a fine rifle but the Gov cant wait 13mos for one piece..And if any manufacture was turning that quanity I don't think they could hold 1/10 MOA out of every rifle that left the building. I don't know if the rifle the OP mentioned is worth close to $6,000 but mark my words someone will buy it cause there is an ass for every seat.. </div></div>

KAC has machines that cost well in excess of 1 million dollars...GAP has no automated machinery to my knowledge.. </div></div>

and you know this for fact how? </div></div>

unicorn semen can only be extracted via automated machinery......DUH

My plant has machinery totaling roughly $30 million, we still sell hamburger buns for $1 a dozen.

Though this horse has long been beaten to death, please allow me to land one more blow.

Equipment purchases may or may not effect product pricing. In my short 15 years experience, capital investments may or may not be passed to the customer via pricing. There are many factors involved here, first being market forces which is the prime driver of prices. Next would be customer demands, in a DOD order enviroment the gov't often recognizes that the demands they make directly reflect pricing due to the nature of the order, turn around times and often the after delivery follow up.
In a past life I did complete several gov't pricing workups most are set as a direct % above actual cost then divided by units ordered. Also with a time duration. Depreciation of equipment will most definitely be a factor here, as the procurement of the machinery will be approved by the DOD in order to achieve the expected timelines for delivery.

That being said, this has 0 to do with civilian sales. That will be entirely market driven... meaning if someone wants to spend the scratch, they will... if they don't.. they wont.

I'd buy a GAP... just say'in.

Again, 8K tied up in a rifle is pretty bad when you are arguing the cost of another gun. Remember that whole, cannot sell equivalent gun to the civilian market for less than you sell it to the Mil clause. The ECC which is what the OP saw can be had for anywhere between 1000-200 less than what the OP saw it for. so that dealer is gigging folks. I had a KAC EMC with a CQBSS and had way less than 8K tied up in it, so your point about stock, trigger, bipod, glass is moot. I had the same opinion as most about KAC SR25s stemming for the Mk11 in the USMC, but I have talked to Kevin and he and KAC fully admit that gun had some big flaws that prevented it running the way it should have. The new EM and EC series guns are a different animal completely, but KAC has long since said the civilian market comes second to the military customer. I completely see 6K wrapped in a rifle, but your are pushing it saying 10K is the norm, excluding these guys with the ELR setups.

Numbers:
Lets say I shop the ECC around and find the lowest price....4844.75
Put a Nightforce 5.5-22 with MLR on it for....1850
Atlas Bipod.....300
Magpul PRS...185

It still comes in under what you have wrapped up in your POF

Sure they aren't for everyone, but I have had and still have a couple KACs and they are hard pressed to be beat in my mind.
But the fool and his money are soon parted, especially coming from you is ridiculous given the fact that you have 8K wrapped up in a piston 308 gun.

DUH!! I guess your right you can't produce Unicorn semen with a 5 Axis mill you have to use a hand driven vertical mill and let it cure for 13mos

Forget your fav flavor of rifle for a sec. Lets just talk numbers.

My buds OBR clocked in at 3500+
Looks like a similerly configed GAP is close.
JP is 3700ish?

So it looks like 1100/1200 bucks is the price diff roughly. Would that price diff stop anyone here from buying what they actually wanted?

I personally don't care what KAC charges for their products. I have a problem with all the fan boys that act as if their stuff is worth what they charge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forget your fav flavor of rifle for a sec. Lets just talk numbers.

My buds OBR clocked in at 3500+
Looks like a similerly configed GAP is close.
JP is 3700ish?

So it looks like 1100/1200 bucks is the price diff roughly. Would that price diff stop anyone here from buying what they actually wanted?

</div></div>

How is your buddies OBR specced? Because a GAP10 starts at 2640 vs the 3000 that a OBR is.

Ugg dont ask. It was such a pain in the ass dealing with Larue but thats another matter entirely. It was however, well optioned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

In fantasy land, no. In reality where money doesn't grow on trees yes.

If I win the lottery I'll probably buy one just so I can tease people on the internet with pics of it but until that time comes I have to spend my money as wisely as possible.

Look,I understand full well the value of a dollar and how hard they are to congregate. But in the grander scheme of things Im willing to spend my money on, frankly 1200 aint getting in my way. But I think I look at these things a little differently. I see it as a small increase for something I will have for many years and the ammo, training, matches, etc etc that will be spent will far exced the cost of the rifle its self let alone the actual price difference. But because I choose to spend a few more bucks to have what I want does not make me a fool, a coolaid drinker, or any other manner of derogatory explitive. I try and choose wisely and build out the kit that works best for me. For my EMC, depending on what type of shooting I am doing with it, I have an Aimpoint T1 Micro on QD Mount, a TA11 H-G on a QD Mount, and a Hensoldt 4-16 on a QD mount. So the bottom line is I probably have over 10k wrapped up in the rifle and kit. 1200 just aint going to make that big of a difference to me. If the MWS or the SCAR17 had worked out better for me (proven by my battery of tests I perform on all my rifles) then they would be the rifle I kept. Im not trying to spend money like I hate it, i would have much prefered a less expensive rifle performed better for me, believe me!

Would I pay full retail on a KAC SR25, not a chance. The only reason I got mine was due to the price I got it at. The only gun between the Larue,MWS, and SCAR that I could have gotten way cheaper was the MWS and it was to heavy to accomplish what I wanted. In the grand scheme of things people say they hate the fan boys, but the KAC hate is just as strong as for anything that is talked about on this site for that matter. There is one group that defends it and another that bashes it.

Buy what you want, its your money, the day I start buying things with your money is the day I will start caring what you think about the given rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KAC has machines that cost well in excess of 1 million dollars...GAP has no automated machinery to my knowledge.. </div></div>

Name a machine they have over $1 mil? Just 1...

I'm probably going to piss off a lot of folks here in the next couple of days.

Oh well. . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Buy what you want, its your money, the day I start buying things with your money is the day I will start caring what you think about the given rifles. </div></div>

Or the day you get a government job...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pure</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Buy what you want, its your money, the day I start buying things with your money is the day I will start caring what you think about the given rifles. </div></div>

Or the day you get a government job... </div></div>

Been there done that. I had no input in the purchasing decisions so it was still of little concern to me.

My work SR was .75 moa (@ 100) all day, high round count (North of 8k, I know I put 2k through it the last rotation with it), was beat to hell in vehicles over thousands of miles of Iraq, was on my back when I ate shit a few times, and always ran when it needed to.
But...it was cherry picked as the most accurate SR we had, so I always grabbed it when I rotated in, other guys did the same for their pet guns. When guys complain about KAC's you should remember that not everyone takes great care of their issued weapon, updates data books, or can even run a gas gun to it's potential after running a bolt for years.
I'm not saying that that's the case with guys voicing their dislike on this thread, just that a common conversation often went something like..."I don't want an SR, none of them can hold 2 MOA!"
"Really....well, let's let (insert name of gas gun weasel here) shoot 10 through it and see how it looks"
"F*** that, just gimme a bolt gun and I'll leave"
I won't say my experience is common, just that it was mine, and that it was an accurate and dependable gun. Now, would I pay 5 grand for it? Nope.
I'm having a GAP built due to George's rep here and fully expect it to be a lighter, shorter, and more accurate gun than my issued SR was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pure</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Or the day you get a government job... </div></div>

Been there done that. I had no input in the purchasing decisions so it was still of little concern to me. </div></div>

Didn't get the whole govt workers getting paid with our tax dollars thing I was joking about there I guess..

I got it, but I paid the same taxes everyone else did so there for I was essentially buying my own issued shit as well
laugh.gif

I have a problem with all the fan boys that act as if their stuff is worth what they charge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look,I understand full well the value of a dollar and how hard they are to congregate. But in the grander scheme of things Im willing to spend my money on, frankly 1200 aint getting in my way. But I think I look at these things a little differently. I see it as a small increase for something I will have for many years and the ammo, training, matches, etc etc that will be spent will far exced the cost of the rifle its self let alone the actual price difference. But because I choose to spend a few more bucks to have what I want does not make me a fool, a coolaid drinker, or any other manner of derogatory explitive. I try and choose wisely and build out the kit that works best for me. For my EMC, depending on what type of shooting I am doing with it, I have an Aimpoint T1 Micro on QD Mount, a TA11 H-G on a QD Mount, and a Hensoldt 4-16 on a QD mount. So the bottom line is I probably have over 10k wrapped up in the rifle and kit. 1200 just aint going to make that big of a difference to me. If the MWS or the SCAR17 had worked out better for me (proven by my battery of tests I perform on all my rifles) then they would be the rifle I kept. Im not trying to spend money like I hate it, i would have much prefered a less expensive rifle performed better for me, believe me! </div></div>

You don't have to explain why you spent 10k on a rifle it's not like I'm your wife or something. Just say 'I like it so f*** off'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YOU CAN NOT determine "worth" for another individual. Value, cost, worth are not synonyms....</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have to explain why you spent $10K on a rifle. It's not like I'm your wife or something. Just say 'I like it so f*** off'.</div></div>

These two statements right here is what it really all boils down to when comparing one rifle to another.

I don't think KAC is worth the price, just the same as Deadly0311 doesn't feel the price of a POF "piston" rifle is justified. The same can be said of anything.

If it's worth XXXX amount of dollars to you, then piss on what everyone else thinks. You'll be the one using it and no one else. If you're not proud of your investment, sell it and find something that you will be proud of and enjoy taking to the range.

BCP I agree, I am the only one that needs to see the value. But at the same time I dont mind discussing it. But just for clarity, I do not factor in the price of all the accessories and optics into the price of the rifle, only the price of the kit. I actually seem to hold on to optics for a very long time and they may live on several different rifles and get switched between several different kits. In fact I have a GAP 260 gasser due in on tuesday so the Henny will likely go to that and my USO 1.5-6 will likely take up residence in the EMC kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lj_1187</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lj_1187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=58156

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_381/204558_.html

A few interesting reads on the SR-25 you might like OP.

Also you will hear a lot of people who don't like the SR-25 for the price, but a lot of them are military guys who had experience with the m110 or a similar KAC rifle, which are stone age compared to the EMC and the new line just released. I think a lot of others will advise you not to buy and they have no experience with the EMC, they just see the price. Try to shoot one if you can and compare it you what you have. Good luck on whatever you decide. </div></div>

Had a EMC....sure its light and all.....but accuracy wise it sucks. GAP10, JP, or *spits on the ground* Larue are such better choices its not even funny. All your paying for on the Knights is a spiffy Roll Mark and a Name. Nothing more.</div></div>

The EMCs I have fired had outstanding accuracy. I hadnt seen it, but one of the gentleman who let shoot his said he shot his easily sub-moa out to 600m, and if I remember right KevinB has shot his out to 800m sub-moa no problem. If yours wasnt up to par you should have sent it back and they would have made it right.

As far as going by what the military uses, it definitely does not mean it is the best money can buy, but the testing they put weapons through formally, and at the 2 way range will show their true colors. I knew guys when I was in that loved the EMC and had taken it to Iraq and Afghanistan. Take some of the latest "high end" 762 platforms through that and some opinions may change. I didnt order mine for a dedicated precision weapon, but I will run mine more like a carbine.

I wont buy a Larue gun simply because of the way Mark carries himself in online forums.

Im done here as I see this turning into a 5 page post in 2 hours. The fact that you pay just for the name is simply not true. </div></div>

I agree 100%, Mark is literally insulting and irritating. I went with KAC because of this reason and I will never look back. Larue might make good rifles but they are horrible people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnTlag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I agree 100%, Mark is literally insulting and irritating. I went with KAC because of this reason and I will never look back. Larue might make good rifles but they are horrible people. </div></div>

It doesn't help when you try to interject yourself into a situation you have no direct knowledge of, experience with, or involvement in, and assume that others will listen because you've read a book. Sorry man, but you sorta deserved the rebuttal you received.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krazny</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnTlag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I agree 100%, Mark is literally insulting and irritating. I went with KAC because of this reason and I will never look back. Larue might make good rifles but they are horrible people. </div></div>

It doesn't help when you try to interject yourself into a situation you have no direct knowledge of, experience with, or involvement in, and assume that others will listen because you've read a book. Sorry man, but you sorta deserved the rebuttal you received.

</div></div>

I could care less if he listens. Actually that's not true, they have a good product and I'd like to see them succeed, but anyone will tell you treating customers like dirt is usually not a recipe for success. And I'm clearly not the only one who thinks whoever operates the Larue account online does just that.

ok i want to see all your EMC"s outshoot a GAP10, larue OBR, or a MWS.

you guys can sell it all you want. its your money if somebody would just say "i bought it cuz i wanted a KAC" more power to ya. same as buying a ferrari instead of a Z06 corevette does teh same thing for less but then you won't get as much high end pussy, i don't know.

DO NOT try to tell me that gun does anythign that the "lower end" ones won't cuz you are high. there is NO REASON AT ALL for the diference in price... NONE! and at the end of the day you guys bought it cuz its a KAC, that is it! don't try to tell me cuz it had features this or awesome that. you are fooling yourself. just admit you bought it cuz you think KAC shit is sexy... come on it isn't that hard, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery
laugh.gif

the KAC threads tend to go this way.....very Premier vs SB circa 2009ish....as well as sling wars...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok i want to see all your EMC"s outshoot a GAP10, larue OBR, or a MWS.

you guys can sell it all you want. its your money if somebody would just say "i bought it cuz i wanted a KAC" more power to ya. same as buying a ferrari instead of a Z06 corevette does teh same thing for less but then you won't get as much high end pussy, i don't know.

DO NOT try to tell me that gun does anythign that the "lower end" ones won't cuz you are high. there is NO REASON AT ALL for the diference in price... NONE! and at the end of the day you guys bought it cuz its a KAC, that is it! don't try to tell me cuz it had features this or awesome that. you are fooling yourself. just admit you bought it cuz you think KAC shit is sexy... come on it isn't that hard, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery
laugh.gif

</div></div>

Orrrr I got it because their company is managed well and I didn't have to wait 8 months for it... And I plan on selling it keeping it to compare as soon as my Larue order is filled...

managed well... ok i'm not even opening up that can of worms

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnTlag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I could care less if he listens. Actually that's not true, they have a good product and I'd like to see them succeed, but anyone will tell you treating customers like dirt is usually not a recipe for success. And I'm clearly not the only one who thinks whoever operates the Larue account online does just that. </div></div>

/palm.

Are you in management by any chance?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok i want to see all your EMC"s outshoot a GAP10, larue OBR, or a MWS.</div></div>

I would like to see this as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same as buying a ferrari instead of a Z06 corevette</div></div>

More like a guy with a Rousch Mustang fighting with a Saleen Mustang owner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DO NOT try to tell me that gun does anythign that the "lower end" ones won't cuz you are high. there is NO REASON AT ALL for the diference in price... NONE!
</div></div>

What about the diamond tipped firing pin?

Everyone seems to be comparing the EMC/ECC to an OBR or GAP ect. I ne'er looked at the EMC as a dedicated precision rifle, but more of a 308 carbine also more than capable of sub-moa accuracy out to or past 800m. Features like the URXIII, off set KAC sights, longer ejection port, dimpled barrel, and sand cut bolt carrier I think cater to that type of shooting more IMO. I love the soft recoil with the rifle length gas system as well. Also many of the competitors don't have ambi controls which are important for me and the type of shooting I will be doing. A better comparison to the competitors may be something like EC which lacks a lot of these features, but comes in at about $1200 or more less than the ECC. I wont deny that IMO you do pay a little more for KAC, but they also offer a lot of things on their weapons that is important to me my intended uses. If they aren't for you fine, who cares. To each his own. I might add if I was not able to purchase my ECC at the substantial discounted price KAC offers to mil/LE, I would have looked somewhere else or got a used EMC.

On my desk at home is the 5 shot group I printed with the OBR and my EMC. Both the OBR owner and I shot tighter groups with the EMC. Off the top of my head it was a .5 on EMC .7 on OBR. OBR owner also printed a .7 with the obr and easily had a .4 going until he opened up to a .6 on his last shot with the EMC. I will scan and post as soon as I can. As for why the KAC? it was a full pound lighter than my MWS and balanced MUCH better! Its over a pound less than a SIG716. In the end it is simply because it fires on all criteria Im looking for where others did not. What other top tier manufacturer has a 308 pattern AR thats close to 8 lbs?

As for the Corvette Ferrari comparo... I guess you just need to drive them to understand. I dont have ferrari or Corvette money so I got a Ducati
laugh.gif

My SR-25 EC was $3700 with tax

401907881.jpg

It shoots less than 1 MOA at 100m

401980395.jpg

When I shoot it farther I will post my results

I owned a LMT and so far I cannot see any big difference except the SR shoots softer and doesnt have the removable barrel.

I personally wanted a SR-25 and that's why I sold my LMT to get it.

Free

KAC EMC on the left, 16" OBR on the right. Both 168FGMM. Fired consecutively.

kacandobr.jpg

Whats it prove, in the end probably nothing because its great accuracy either way. But I will pick the lighter rifle given the choice. FWIW the best group I ever shot out of a Semi was in fact an OBR. But it was only 5 rounds as a guest on the trigger. (The owner was miffed I beat his best group with his own rifle
laugh.gif
) 5 shots, 100 yds. Ammo was Corbon.

obr.jpg

And now a pic just to dress up the thread a litle bit!!!
(No that SCAR17 with the stupid shit bolted to it aint mine)

emc-scar.jpg

My firing pin was machined from the horn of a unicorn

only the EMCs have the diamond tipped firing pins

Free

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok i want to see all your EMC"s outshoot a GAP10, larue OBR, or a MWS.</div></div>

I would like to see this as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same as buying a ferrari instead of a Z06 corevette</div></div>

More like a guy with a Rousch Mustang fighting with a Saleen Mustang owner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DO NOT try to tell me that gun does anythign that the "lower end" ones won't cuz you are high. there is NO REASON AT ALL for the diference in price... NONE!
</div></div>

What about the diamond tipped firing pin? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Freefalle7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My firing pin was machined from the horn of a unicorn

only the EMCs have the diamond tipped firing pins

Free

</div></div>

Aww man. What am I going to do with all these spare Diamond tipped firing pins I bought as spares for my EC? Guess I'll have to throw them out cause they're no good. . . .

ETA: I'm just a lowly civvie, and my EC ran me $3615 delivered.