• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

knights ff ras for MK11 MOD 1

benfur

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2007
anywhere USA
I'm looking to do a clone spr mod 1 in 308 I know where to get all the parts except for the ff ras. I know knights makes the ff for the mk11 mod 1 but it has a cut out for the front sight. Did knight's make the same hand guard with a full rail ( no cut out for the front sight) like they do for the ar-15 version. If so please let me know where I can find one. Is there a Sr-25 in a 308 version of this ff ras made? If I can not find the hand guard I'm looking for my plan is to by the mk11 mod1 rail and then mod it. I'm thinking of welding a piece of rail to the front sight cut out. Can anyone point me to a smith who could preform this task. Also ill be post a wtb add hoping I can score a knights rail for a decent price. Thanks for looking

If I where to use the 10 inch ras what would I need to do to make the gas System work. I would be willing to shorten up the barrel just as long as I could make the gas block collar and brake let me know thanks

There 308 equivalent of a SPR Mod 1 is a M14 EBR. Sorta the next step up is MK11 / M110 SASS . If you were to build one of those it you would run a 20 in barrel and 12 in FF or URX. I would suggest the M110 style build as it has the front sight built in the URX. What upper and lower are you going to use?

If I where to use the 10 inch ras what would I need to do to make the gas System work. I would be willing to shorten up the barrel just as long as I could make the gas block collar and brake let me know thanks

I don't want this to sound sarcastic because I'm still learning and seriously curious about these threads... Why not buy a Knight's SR-25 rifle? I've seen several things about making a clone of this or that when there is basically a factory produced model available.

Usually because you can build a clone slightly cheaper or the fact that the rife in question is not available for public sale. KAC did release a few mod 1's for sale but they were expensive then and I am sure have increased in value. Unless buying one of the $30k M110 systems the only way to get one is to clone it. To my knowledge the ECC is the first KAC rifle to be available to the public as it is issued to the military minus the flash hider and color, both easy fixes.

Unfortunately not everyone can afford KAC or can get one in their state. Going price for SR-25 of current production is like 4400 - 6000. OP is trying to build something like SPR that Crane started building in the 5.56 platform , which has no commercial model in the 5.56 platform it was put together with off the shelf parts by Crane. It also doesn't have real analog in the 7.62 guns.

I don't want this to sound sarcastic because I'm still learning and seriously curious about these threads... Why not buy a Knight's SR-25 rifle? I've seen several things about making a clone of this or that when there is basically a factory produced model available.

Last edited:
Basically the ECC that Scatsob is talking about is the same upper that KAC sells to MARSOC to convert current MK11 guns to a carbine , with out the acceptance testing.

Usually because you can build a clone slightly cheaper or the fact that the rife in question is not available for public sale. KAC did release a few mod 1's for sale but they were expensive then and I am sure have increased in value. Unless buying one of the $30k M110 systems the only way to get one is to clone it. To my knowledge the ECC is the first KAC rifle to be available to the public as it is issued to the military minus the flash hider and color, both easy fixes.

Yup, that's it :). Got to fondle a couple at the MARSOC armory here on base, very light weapon. They are fitted with Mk8 CQBSS scopes with Mk8 mounts. My next "project" will be a clone of one. Hopefully I get into medical school this coming year and the wife says it's a go.

Basically the ECC that Scatsob is talking about is the same upper that KAC sells to MARSOC to convert current MK11 guns to a carbine , with out the acceptance testing.

:eek: If you get med school all sorted maybe you can just have a ECC!

Yup, that's it :). Got to fondle a couple at the MARSOC armory here on base, very light weapon. They are fitted with Mk8 CQBSS scopes with Mk8 mounts. My next "project" will be a clone of one. Hopefully I get into medical school this coming year and the wife says it's a go.

Not sure what upper to use. What upper would work useing the knights rail? Lower will be dpms. If I where to run a 10 inch ff ras could I run a 16 barrel or would the rail cover up the gas block in the end all I care about is going after the look of a spr mod 1. I could live with the barrel being 16 and not 18. I just want the end result to have a spr mod1 looking build

That's the idea :). Get an ECC, get it ceracoated taupe, and put the right furniture on it.

To the OP, the closest "look" to the KAC uppers that I can tell are the CMMG Mk3 uppers but they are hard to come by. They are DPMS compatible and will fit the KAC RAS's.

:eek: If you get med school all sorted maybe you can just have a ECC!