• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights SR-15 LPR (light precision rifle)

Do all LPRs come with a Krieger barrel or did they switch vendors along the way?

Do all LPRs come with a Krieger barrel or did they switch vendors along the way?

Yep. Rumor was/is that they have hard a hard time sourcing the Krieger barrels so they are discontinuing them.

LPR's have only been out a few years.

Looking at KAC's latest product offering... they are really moving away from the precision LR game and more into the precision carbine/ Jack of all trades rifles. I don't think they even make any of the 20" SR-25's anymore and now 16" is the longest SR-15 they make.

That's MSRP, and they seem to be selling as fast as they get them for that...

My upper cost $732 delivered to my home. Do these others shoot more accurate then mine??? Why are they so much???

Here is what mine groups like at 100 yds.

Attachments

• new upper .JPG
    new upper .JPG
    394.5 KB · Views: 32
  • WOA BARREL END .JPG
    WOA BARREL END .JPG
    557.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 5 shots 65 gr. .JPG
    5 shots 65 gr. .JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 21
My upper cost $732 delivered to my home. Do these others shoot more accurate then mine??? Why are they so much???

Mine grouped better than that. Accuracy isn't everything though, a $500 RRA varmint will shoot as accurate as the LPR but that's not the point. Knights are some of the softest recoiling rifles there are and they have improvements that no others have. Their E3 bolt is guaranteed for 20k rounds. The URX 3.1 is also one of the best hand guards I have ever used.

Part of it is the name. You can find a re barreled 700 that shoots sub half MOA all day, does that make it wrong to buy a Surgeon for so much more money?

The other aspect is that this upper comes with real expensive backup sights, a real expensive handguard, a name brand barrel, etc. Ultimately a product is worth the money if consumers are willing to buy them, and the LPR's sell, and that was the only point I was trying to make.

Add to that the bolt. The bolt is a proprietary and should last as long as the barrel. The lower is also fully ambi. In comparison to other Gucci gear (Noveske for example) it is priced about the same.