• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights SR-15 or Noveske N4 AR-15

Re: Knights SR-15 or Noveske N4 AR-15

I have a Noveske, and recently got a sr15. The Sr15 is very smooth and recoil is very light. Can't go wrong with either, but I like my Sr15.

Check out Boise Tactical they have some really nice Ar platforms shoot and function extremely well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtnhntr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out Boise Tactical they have some really nice Ar platforms shoot and function extremely well. </div></div>

You must be a rep for them because literally almost every AR topic you've responded too your go to response is to check them out...

i chose Noveske. doesn't the KAC use some proprietary parts in the BCG?

Nothing wrong with the Noveske, compare options to really see and you can't go wrong with either. The KAC is one smooth operator though. The E3 bolt isn't anything to be scared of though. When looking at spending $1800-2000 the SR-15E3 is tough to beat. Spend a few more bucks and the options open up to the other KAC SR-15E3 offerings.

My vote is for the SR-15E3...........

It's proprietary, but it does offer improved performance. I don't remember everything, but it has many features such as increased bolt life, longer than midlength gas system, URX rail system, Knight's backup iron sights, quick detach sling point in the lower receiver, KAC two stage trigger.

It's a premium AR that has a lot features right out the box.

Dunno kac, but I know Noveske. I'd get a Noveske again in a heartbeat. Accuracy, quality, customer service.

Knights in a heart beat. The SR15 is hard hard hard to beat.

SR15.jpg

I have had a lot of AR's over the years. The only one I still have is my SR-15. Love the newer URX 3.1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a lot of AR's over the years. The only one I still have is my SR-15. Love the newer URX 3.1. </div></div>

Why get the newer SR-15 over the legacy model?

Whats the best place to buy the newer version, for price and availability?

Never been around a KAC but the NOveske I just bought is one hell of a shooter and it is the best fitting ar I have. I plan on buying another in a few months rather than having a custom ar built.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 78steeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a lot of AR's over the years. The only one I still have is my SR-15. Love the newer URX 3.1. </div></div>

Whats the best place to buy the newer version, for price and availability? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">slimmer rail and a little lighter. </div></div>
This. Plus it is longer. I like longer rails since I have long arms and use a thumb over grip.

I got an upper from Operation Parts online.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 78steeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a lot of AR's over the years. The only one I still have is my SR-15. Love the newer URX 3.1. </div></div>

Whats the best place to buy the newer version, for price and availability? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">slimmer rail and a little lighter. </div></div>
This. Plus it is longer. I like longer rails since I have long arms and use a thumb over grip.

I got an upper from Operation Parts online. </div></div>

The legacy rifles with URX 2 hand guard came with an integrated front sight. New rifles with URX 3.1 come with a KAC micro front sight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 78steeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a lot of AR's over the years. The only one I still have is my SR-15. Love the newer URX 3.1. </div></div>

The legacy rifles with URX 2 hand guard came with an integrated front sight. New rifles with URX 3.1 come with a KAC micro front sight.
</div></div>

my URX 3.0 has the integrated front sight as well, but I dont know how many sr-15s were made with them. Buddy of mine built up a noveski and put the URX 3.0 on it. Best of both worlds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macman2564</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 78steeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
macman2564 said:
I have had a lot of AR's over the years. The only one I still have is my SR-15. Love the newer URX 3.1. </div></div>

</div></div>

my URX 3.0 has the integrated front sight as well, but I dont know how many sr-15s were made with them. Buddy of mine built up a noveski and put the URX 3.0 on it. Best of both worlds.

I apologize for spreading incorrect info then. However, the SR-15 I held last week had the slick rail and no integrated front sight.

I would say the KAC. I've been looking for another AR too and was thinking either KAC or LMT. I like the LMT because you can swap barrel lengths and calibers with out having to buy special tools that cost a fortune. I really do like the look of that KAC 3.1 13.5in rail with a 14.5in barrel.

I have quite a few AR 15's from various makers. My favorite and most accurate by far is the Noveske N4 Afghan Model. Will shoot consistently under 0.5" 5 shot groups @ 100 yards. Very light recoil and extremely well made.

I'd go with the best of both worlds, have Wes @ MSTN build you an upper using a Noveske N4 bbl and a URX 3.1 then pin in to a KAC lower. Cost is a bit more than the KAC but about the same as the Noveske, and the parts are the best quality available.

Ditto 78steeler's question on where to find the new model, have searched around the Internet with no luck except for the old model.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lwrkeysfisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Lawmen's. They had a couple in-stock last week. </div></div>
I use them or operationparts.com for all of my KAC needs!