• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns knives in england

Litshoot

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2014
I'm sorry if this isn't the place to post this but I am taking a trip to England for work and was wondering what the laws are for carrying a knife. If anyone knows or may have a good source please let me know. Thanks
Seth

A lot of cities have zero tolerance to knives, so make sure you adhere to the above link.

Personally, I'd not bother. The uk laws on carrying a knife are silly. If you don't have a good, and I mean 'very good' reason, then you'll get nicked for carrying.
Anything with a fixed blade is a no-no, locking blades also a no, just about the only type you might get away with, is a leatherman or Swiss army type.

Regards

Pete

careful guys,..when offering advice make sure its correct. Certain fixed bade up to a certain length yes,..locking knives NO. That in theory includes leatherman and certainly locking swiss army knives. Again, you must have good reason for having any knife in a public place. A public place includes your car.

Best advice is simply don't carry in public full stop. There really is no need.

The .gov link is the safest recommendation. Where have you seen any short fixed blades as legal?

And yet another reason not to visit England. No politcs. This is what our world is becoming. If I was to go to England, I could then carry a set of knitting needles, a cork screw and a pair of scissors. Which I would buy at the first opportunity. I have carried every day since I was 9 years old, one jack knife or another. I used to fly pre 9/11 with a Benchmade Emerson. Now, well, one might go on a rampage with a swiss armer farmer model or what not......

Sorry my brothers and sisters in England, I use a pocket knife almost every day. Have a leatherman in every glove box. I am sorry you live with archane limitations, which I see on the horizon for my country.

Scissors, knitting needles and corkscrew would be illegal, you'd have to defend the need to carry them. Sorry. A non locking short folder is the only thing that the you don't need an excuse for.