• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Knives

Benchmade Rukus. Use it to cut string off of hay, cut nuts off of bull calves, clean deer, eat with it in deer camp, etc.

All round carry, Benchmade AFCK

For uniform wear in a deployed location and when allowed: Browning #684. Decided to upgrade to a fixed blade since my AFCK has gone back to benchmade a few times for repairs...

Pocket: Emerson CQC-7

Boot (patrol only): Gerber Guardian

Pack: Gerber LMF II

Hunting: one that Dad made

In combat I carried a Strider BT-CC for a fixed blade and either a spyderco endura or military for a folder and then a gerber or a leatherman for a multi tool.

My every day carry now is a Tom Mayo large sharpshooter with a wharncliffe blade made out of 6K so I can carry it everywhere and it will not rust on me.

Chuck

i carry a benchmade mini nitro for everyday, and eventually i would like to have the Hide Fighters that woodman007 makes

If you want to know about any good knife such as benchmade, gerber, spyderco, cold steel, sig, sog, ka-bar ect. Go to youtube and look up Nutnfancy knives or Nutnfancy and the name of the knife company you are looking at and you will find a huge listing of great reviews that will answer all and any of your questions. Personally I'm buying a benchmade in about a week or two.

My everyday carry now is a bear and son mini texas tooth pick, ladder dammasncus, its simple, small and can handle most of my needs but i still carry an emerson La Griffe on my hogs tooth just in case
smile.gif

Everyday carry: either a Cold Steel Voyager clip point or SOG Aegis. Still looking for "the perfect" folder.

Range/Field duty: Home made full tang 5 3/4 inch made from old iron file with Elk horn handle. I will soon be ordering a replica "Grey Ghost" from Martin knives. Someone here on the hide posted about his and the one he ordered for his son.

I keep all my blades sharp with a "cardboard" wheel and polishing rouge then finish up with a strop block.

+5 on the Cold Steel Voyager. Been using mine as an everyday carry for 6 years and its as good as the day I got it. Super tough tanto blade and wicked sharp.

I always pair it up with a Leatherman Wave. It has a little bit of everything in it, plus provides two additional blades for some of the more abusive tasks.

Benchmade 5000,a little bulky but built hell for stout.What pissed me off was that I found a knife dealer in Utah that has the same model for $70 less than I paid for mine 3 years ago.I have them bookmarked somewhere,will post as soon as I find it,they seem to have the best prices on high quality blades I have found.

I'm really partial to the Benchmade 5500 Mini Presidio.

Depending on the activity, for general EDC I'll either carry it or a Benchmade 550HG Griptillian, although I find the BM555HG mini-Griptillian is similarly useful.

If I'm after something a little more "dressy", I'll carry either the Benchmade 635 Mini Skirmish or Buck 172 Mayo TNT.

I'd be pretty tempted if I found a left-hand Strider SNG CC. As far as I know, there is no such thing.

I've taken the Doug Ritter RSK Mk3 hunting the last couple of years and been extremely impressed with it.

I have several larger blades for field use, but for a handy, EDC knife I really like my Benchmade 9050 (shown with 10mm Glock 29).
BB.jpg

cool.gif

I'm a fan of Chris Reeve knives. I'm a lefty and I appreciate that he offers his folders in a left hand version. I normally carry a small Sebenza, but also have a Mnandi with a bone handle that dresses up a bit more and a Umnumzaan when I want a beefier blade.

I carry a ZT350 from Zero Tolerance. The knife is a little on the large side but it will take alot of abuse. S30V steel, assisted open and price around $110. This brand came from a collaboration of Ken Onion and Strider.

Usually carry two:

EDC Folder: Zero Tolerance 0200

EDC Fixed: Rat 4

Usually at least two of these in my ruck:

Rat 5
WW2 Kabar that was my grand pap's
Randall Model 18 (miss my model 14 like hell)
Blackjack Model 14
Cold Steel Tanto
TOPS Operation Badger

Kershaw BOA
S30V
3 3/8" blade
Assisted Opening
Aluminum scales

I have 3 and add another whenever I find a good deal. It's my favorite knife.

Chris Reeve small sebenza or a MicroTech LUDT Auto.
I used to carry a Benchmade Griptilian before I got the Sebenza.

Benchmade or Gerber; good steel, easy to resharpen, and no tears if you lose it; go to the store and get another.....

I bought 2 Gerber MK II knives in 1976. Still have one of those. Excellent fighting knife but not much of a field/survival knife. Overseas I had a Cold Steel SRK and more recently I picked up a Gerber AZEK. I do also have an older Randall #14 and a Fairbairne Sykes. Just buy the best quality you can afford.

Depends....

Spyderco Delica
Emerson CQC-7A
Spyderco ParaMilitary
Benchmade Mini-Grip
Benchmade Skirmish
Spyderco Military
Emerson CQC-8

Benchmade 710 or 615 for everyday carry.

Bark River Bravo 1 SS, Gunny, and/or Custom Michigan Hunter in the field.

Generally up to the command, but gigantic knives are generally frowned upon. Both from the standpoint of the brass as big knives look 'threatening,' as well as the view of the soldier as a big knife adds a lot of weight and no significant added use more than a shorter single-edged lockback type knife.

I carry a Kershaw Ken Onion recurve, for general work, etc...
It holds an edge well and the finish is tough.
The spring for the assisted opening broke (after 3 years of use)
Kershaw CS apologized and sent me 2 springs in the mail...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Generally up to the command, but gigantic knives are generally frowned upon. Both from the standpoint of the brass as big knives look 'threatening,' as well as the view of the soldier as a big knife adds a lot of weight and no significant added use more than a shorter single-edged lockback type knife. </div></div>

Does the Strider/Hide Fighter fit in to this category as a yes or a no go? Specifically one of these two:
http://www.knifeart.com/stknbnsstafi.html

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1358873

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magforce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noticed no one listed SOG why is that just curious ?</div></div>

I carry a SOG Aegis about half the time. Due to the design of the assisted opening mechanism being mounted at the pivot point with a screw not a pin; it has a tendency to work loose. When I asked them about it they said a 1/4 inch lateral wiggle at the tip was "OK". Needless to say I wont be buying from them again. Other than that it's GTG. I would not carry it for field duty.