• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Knowledgeable Gunsmith Needed in Central Texas

RobertTheTexan

Aerial Spook
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2018
Texas
Hey guys,

Looking for a quality gunsmith in my AO. I live in Central Texas (Temple) but willing to drive an hour or so if needed. The work I need is pretty simple, I need to have a little bit taken off a shoulder of a barrel. Most of my gunsmithing has been stuff I could handle, but this is beyond my tools and more importantly knowledge!

Any recommendations would be very, very appreciated! I would prefer first-hand experience, but if you are 100% confident in them, I can go with that.

Thank you all very much. Happy Friday!

I'm not 100% sure I need to, I mainly want to get an expert opinion and make sure nothing is out of whack. It looks like a muzzle device may have been torqued too hard on the barrel. I found one kind of close to me and am going to take it to him to check it out. It may be fine, but I want to get a gunsmith to at least take a gander. Thank you for the recommendation though.

Blackland Precision in Temple. bpcustomguns.com I have not used them, but have heard nothing but good and have shot with the owner a few times.

Little bit longer than you want to drive, but worth the effort. Owner/operator is a ranked ERL and F Class shooter and holds local matches that pay out better than a lot of bigger matches.