• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Konus spotter?

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
Anyone ever used one of the linked below? On a budget for a scope --so no "bit the bullet and get a Kowa" I prefer the angles body for easier use.

What I need from it, spot holes at 100, 200 is great, see 5" spotter at 1000, trace is an extra, although no mil dots on it.

Thanks if you can tell me about it or advise on something else in the neighborhood.

Mark

http://swfa.com/Konus-20-60x80-Konuspot-Spotting-Scope-P48973.aspx

Re: Konus spotter?

I have the one you linked.I like it for the price.I searched and there were no bad reviews on it that I came across.You'll have no problems seeing .22 holes at 200yrds.For a budget spotting scope I don't think you can get a better one.Buy it and if you don't like it return it.

I've used one for.. 4 years now. <span style="font-style: italic">Very</span> satisfied with it.

I use that same model. It's good enough to spot 308 and 223 holes in paper out to 300 yds. Not super clear, but then again, it's cheap.

I use a KOWA and also an older Unertil so I'm kinda used to decent spotting scopes for our matches. A fella bought the Konus 20-60 x 100 model and I was really impressed. For the money it was a lot of scope. Clear and bright and seemed well built. He got a tri-pod and not sure if it came as part of a package but steer clear of it if it's offered. His has a quick release mount and even in the slightest breeze it quivers all over the place. Don't scrimp on a good tripod, it'll make a world of difference in how much better you can see things when the scope is not moving.

I've been recommending it to anyone that asks about spotting scopes at our 1000 yard matches.

Topstrap

My shooting partner owns the model in your link. We used it about a month ago to do some load development at 600 yds. Could easily see .30 cal holes on butcher paper, and with a little effort could spot 6.5mm. Shoot-n-See's were very easy to spot hits. Very impressed with this optic for the money.

John

I shooting buddy as that spotting scope, it makes my barska look like crap but it is not as good as a Kowa but for the money it is excellent, I usually end up borrowing it from him. it is very clear to 1000 yds too and makes spotting target scores a breeze.

Ive got one, very happy with it. For a cheaper spotter it does everything I want it to do. I can see .30 holes out to 400yd easy, I'm confident I would have no trouble spotting further.

Wow, Sounds like a deal! I certainly appreciate the feedbak on this everyone!

Eyeballing the Manfrotto that Cameraland carries for it.

Mark