• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Konus spotting scope???

Re: Konus spotting scope???

I have one and like it. Optics are decent. Midway puts it on sale from time to time for ~199.

Well I dont know if Im expecting too much from the barska but I used it today at 500. I could not focus in on the target. It never got clear at 60x zoom. No chance of seeing holes. Maybe I could spot hits but definitely not holes over 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I dont know if Im expecting too much from the barska but I used it today at 500. I could not focus in on the target. It never got clear at 60x zoom. No chance of seeing holes. Maybe I could spot hits but definitely not holes over 100 yards. </div></div>

You serious?

Thats an oversized turd scope imo! Ive seen itty bitty rifle scopes with ok glass spot holes at 100! Return it

I've never seen a Barfka scope with resolution good enough to spot 22 caliber holes @ 100 yards. Could barely see 30 caliber holes on the one I looked through. Bring/send it back

I have a Konus spotter that I use for 600yd mid range F/class.. The glass is good for spotting and seeing trace...
I pretty much threw the tripod away, and mounted it on a Ray-Vin stand...
Your not going to see 30 cal bullet holes at 600 though

Check Optics planet.. they usually have a good price with free shipping..

I have 2 1 the 20X60X80 and 1 20X60X100 both are very good I use them for Service rifle. I first saw them at Camp Perry in 2006 one of the vendors had a side by side rack with scopes ranging from KOWA on down the field. The KONUS compared well.

The price is great too.

I have a Konus and its a good spotter. Not a Zeiss or a Kowa, but a heck of a deal. The Jarhead.com review is accurate.

I'll sell you mine for a good deal if you want. PM me if you are interested.

Konus makes a good spotter with very good resolution. Well worth the money.

I used one for the first time this weekend.
It was very cold out so no mirage.
Could see 30 cal holes easy at 400yrds.
Shoot N See holes at 600+yrds.
Good spotting scope for the $$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NRAShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In case you are wondering, I sell my gear to finance more gear. Reduces the potentiality of unsighly mental and physical spousal muscles spasms.

</div></div>
LOL!

I have the 20-60x80. It has been great and has served me wonderfully out to 600 yards.

I've got one too. Great for seeing .22 holes at 100 yds. Pretty good at 500 yds too but my eyes aren't good enough to make out bullet holes at that distance. My cousin has a Kowa and honestly the Konus may not be as bright but at about 1/4 the price it's actually pretty great. The jarheadtop review is indeed accurate.