• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Kopfjager reaper grip vs hog saddle

Nightforce123

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Going to purchase one of these very soon. I can't seem to find anything about people's experiences with the reaper grip. The little that I did find people seem to really like it but those people never handled a hog saddle. So they can't compare the two. The hog saddle is proven and a lot of people on here seem to use it. Does anyone have any experience with both? What are the pros and cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using HOG/PIG for several years, and Triad is a dealer for ShadowTech, so I have experience with them. None at all with the Reaper Grip.

For those with firsthand use of the Reaper.

One physics question:
Since the Reaper is offset to one side by several inches, how much does it want to pivot off target after a shot? I mean it must to some degree, but how much/bad is it?

For those with firsthand knowledge of the Reaper.

One general question:
Are the components made overseas and assembled in the US, or is it US made/assembled?
I thought this was addressed on the old SH site(previous SH, not old, old SH), but I can no longer find that thread.

Thank you to those that can reply.

I've used both, although I don't use either regularly or extensively, so my opinions are based on limited experience.

I have not noticed any issue with pivoting from recoil with the Reaper grip with either a 260 Rem or a 300WM with a break. My use has been mostly with one or two shot usage; I can't say whether this would hold true for shooting long strings or using rifles with more recoil than the ones I've used.

I like the Hog saddle clamp better, although I think Reaper clamp is more versatile. For my use, I like the straight walls better than the ones that curve over. The straight walls may not grip as securely, or work with as many shapes, but it's easier to get the rifle out quickly when you want to. I think the Reaper clamp will hold wider stocks than the Hog saddle.

I like the Reaper base and adjusting/control arm better than having a separate ball head, but it would be better if it had a leveler. In circumstances where quick leveling is important, the ball head is better. If you have an already level base or have time to set the tripod up so it is level, I like the Reaper base better.

I'm not sure about the manufacturing.

The way it grips the rifle was one of the main reasons I was considering the reaper grip. I'll be using a lot of stocks, chassis, and semi autos, so that versatility would be nice. I was wondering the same thing about the offset.

The only thing I cant get my HOG to grip well is my crossbow. I can make it work only if I'm very close to its balance point. All rifles are good to go.

Well that's good to hear. That was one of my main worries

I've been wondering the same things so I'm going to bump this up to see about more inputs.

Just wanted to answer some of the questions that were posed earlier in the thread. In all of my personal experience and our testing we have found no change in poa/poi due to our offset design of the grip. Apply the fundamentals and you will get the results you’re looking for. We have received no complaints or been given any negative feedback from users regarding poa/poi shift due to our Reaper Grips offset design. This offset design gives more clearance for manipulating your weapon esp ones having high cap or extended mags. Our pan tilt head helps avoid issues that ball heads sometimes create when adding that 3rd degree of movement to the equation. As for manufacturing process, some parts are manufactured overseas and some are made here in the US. We do all our own assembly and make it a point to take care of our customers. We are close to the threshold to mark as Made in USA but not there yet. Two of the three owners are military vets and full time LEO. We’ve created a unique platform that fills many voids in other tripod platforms and are always working to create innovative products at an affordable price. Thanks for all the support thus far.

Garret
Kopfjager Industries

Reactions: chevy327