• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Kosher Surplus GTG? / Contact here?

Mr. Little, its a steiner product<snip>they should handle the warranty :)

That would have been a fun fact to include on your website, or at least to have just stated outright when I first contacted Kosher Surplus over a month ago. Instead, you chose to show your whole ass to anyone with an internet connection by blatantly misrepresenting your relationship with the manufacturer. Say it with me now: "special arrangement, two-week turnaround." The sad fact of the matter is that you've chosen to hitch a ride on the goodwill created by the customer service performed by the vast majority of vendors in the industry with empty, feel-good words like "Returns will be handled on a case by case basis. Our goal is to assure every customer is satisfied and wants to order from us again." Not a lot of actionable intel there.

I've been called far worse by far better, but I honestly don't think you know what that word means. I actually know a real cowboy. Runs 1000-1500 head on an open range based on what the land will carry according to his best guess on how much rain he thinks he'll get in the year to come. Keeps to the old ways as best he can-his basic loadout is a horse, a dog, and some coyote medicine in the scabbard. He'll run a motor out of necessity, but probably not by choice. The man cuts quite a figure among the camo crowd at a hike & shoot match I see him at from time to time in his pressed Wranglers, pressed shirt and shitkickers. That's a cowboy, yessir. I barely rate carrying his tack.

I also have refused to exchange a product for another new one before. I stand behind my products but if I'm in a situation where I cannot exchange one I have to let the manufacture handle it.

Yes, I get it. I know how year-end inventory works at manufacturer, wholesale, and retail levels. I'm also confident that you are up-front and honest about what you can and will do when things go pear-shaped. It's patently absurd for a merchant who claims to have moved 2K units recently to claim that his hands are tied, and it's pathetic that they would start flinging poo at an industry peer in a vain attempt to draw attention away from their own conduct.

I'm going to offer Kosher Surplus a Pro Tip, once again free of charge. Finally getting around to clearly articulating your return policy 50 posts or so deep into a thread (one that you had previously claimed to be done with btw.) isn't good business, not that I give a damn about your business. I came to this thread in its infancy looking for some intel in hopes of making an informed decision to trade with Kosher Surplus. The information it contained was incomplete based on my subsequent experience. I honestly don't care where people spend their money, but at least the next person who comes here for the same reason will do business with Kosher Surplus with their eyes wide open. At the end of the day the laser is trivial; the lie is not.

I'm going to do a demonstration now on how a person actually makes their last post in a thread that has exceeded a reasonable signal to noise ratio. Have at it MemeLords; the floor is yours.

I have to publicly apologize to Ben/Kosher.

I had a “hiccup” with them as well and basically as a direct result of the shitstorm this thread has been for Kosher — regardless of how much they may or may not deserve it — I defaulted to thinking the worst, and I took the Rumor Mill as the gospel truth (other whispers that I heard outside of this forum).

Well, they fixed my issue and my assumptions were unfounded, but I jumped on the bandwagon without giving the matter time to air itself out.

That doesn’t necessarily change anything in this thread, but I personally have been too quick to grab my pitchfork and join the lynchmob.

Hopefully any lessons learned go both ways and this is a chance for Kosher to up their game and regain some good will.

I’ve had good experience just recently with ordering stuff through kosher and will be purchasing again here sooner then later.

I’ll also say one of the reasons I picked kosher to do business with is that I was actually able to talk to him directly over the phone before dropping some coin. Unlike some other companies out there that I tried numerous times contacting before pulling the trigger on ordering something.

BLUF
Whatever side of this issue you are on, how many companys only have an actual person to call and talk you through your purchase and options, but also take time to respond to forums like this and contribute to the community. I think the majority of people are happy and the only issue is a customer or two who wanted Kosher to front a replacement unit rather than going through the warranty process of the company. Again, some people may think that isn't the best way to do business but I think taking all the hysterical rants out of it, this is what the entire forum has boiled down to.

Kosher surplus is GTG . Bought 7k in stuff from them yesterday. And this wasn’t my first purchasing experience …
-Braxton
Have to concur. Benny has treated me like family and I hate to see posts like this. As one who had to deal w Steiner on a DBAL I feel the pain though. Thankfully, they just sent me a brand new unit since the illuminator didnt work on 1st one - NOT purchased from Kosher.

I bought some 1531s, several CQBLs, and some Eotech stuff from Kosher. Everything was shipped fast and arrived perfect. I also like how with Kosher you can view pics of the tubes and see the specs to get an idea of what you are receiving. I paid a little above retail for the 1531s. I was OK with that as I knew I was getting closer to an aviation spec set of tubes. They were hard to find at the time though since Biden had outfitted the Taliban.

I would absolutely buy again from Kosher.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunny Fitz
Wow. This just popped into my feed, and have to say my recent experience w/them (bought some ODG anodized unity mounts) was great. Super fast shipping, and seamless transaction.

No warranty issues of course, which is where the truly great retail sellers stand out, but based on my experience, Kosher’s gtg.

Reactions: Gunny Fitz
CNV is good to go! I just dropped big money on L3HarrisWP NVGs.... my first pair. B took time to talk to me not once but twice for extended periods of time, he made sure I was comfortable dropping big money, and didn't try to upsell me on the more expensive pair (DTNVS) even though I was willing to pay.... put my order in after going back and forth between 3 different companies. I felt CNV was the most honest w/ their opinions on my product selection, and didn't try to upsell me at all (Interestingly most companies I talked to didn't...). Was super irritated that fedex botched delivery, excited to tear them open when they finally arrived, and put in a battery to only find out my set didn't power on.... it was of course in the evening west coast time. I didn't want to bother a company when it was 9pm their time, so I sent a message rather than call. Guess what... they responded and immediately walked me through the issue I had and it was not an issue with the product. It was user error on my part HAHA... well NVGs unfortunately don't come w/ manuals and they don't have them online either. I then proceeded to use my NVGs for an hour doing cool stuff you can only do at night.

After sales customer service has so far been quite good. I also got stellar handpicked tubes and incredible specs. NOW if something changes and I have warranty issues that aren't handled well, I will air dirty laundry if not handled well b/c I'm really here to protect fellow consumers and give honest but FAIR opinions; but, so far my experience has been really good.

CNV is good to go! I just dropped big money on L3HarrisWP NVGs.... my first pair. B took time to talk to me not once but twice for extended periods of time, he made sure I was comfortable dropping big money, and didn't try to upsell me on the more expensive pair (DTNVS) even though I was willing to pay.... put my order in after going back and forth between 3 different companies. I felt CNV was the most honest w/ their opinions on my product selection, and didn't try to upsell me at all (Interestingly most companies I talked to didn't...). Was super irritated that fedex botched delivery, excited to tear them open when they finally arrived, and put in a battery to only find out my set didn't power on.... it was of course in the evening west coast time. I didn't want to bother a company when it was 9pm their time, so I sent a message rather than call. Guess what... they responded and immediately walked me through the issue I had and it was not an issue with the product. It was user error on my part HAHA... well NVGs unfortunately don't come w/ manuals and they don't have them online either. I then proceeded to use my NVGs for an hour doing cool stuff you can only do at night.

After sales customer service has so far been quite good. I also got stellar handpicked tubes and incredible specs. NOW if something changes and I have warranty issues that aren't handled well, I will air dirty laundry if not handled well b/c I'm really here to protect fellow consumers and give honest but FAIR opinions; but, so far my experience has been really good.
This is really good to read. As I've said multiple times, I've been a Kosher Surplus customer for YEARS and have a great relationship w Ben. Proud of what he's done for the NV community! Best of luck and fun w your new toy! It's highly addictive!

Reactions: Renomd

Were you looking through the wrong end?!

1% of customers are 99% of your problem. Want stuff beneath cost, if it doesn’t work, does work wants you to return it or replace and then you’re stuck with a unit that is now used and can’t be sold as new. Amazon entitlements.

^^THIS^^

I recently picked up a set of higher end NV Bino's from a smaller authorized dealer of NVD (NVdevices.com), one side would not fully focus, contacted the company and instead of mailing them in for warranty repair (which I fully expected would be the case) the manager said: "...since warranty lead times are weeks if not months out, I don't want you to be without the equipment you just paid for, I've got a new unit sitting right here I will swap you out with."

No pushback, no BS, just solved the problem and understood the idea that a NEW item should work and if it doesn't you make good on your promised transaction. Took less than 12 minutes on the phone and it was in process.
Pre 2008 I was a small dealer for them, at the time called Night Vision depot. I had only one problem ad they swapped the guy out, Great folks to work with and thats how it should work. The vendor should deal with the manufacture.