• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kowa 10.5 Genesis

avidflyer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2011
St Louis
Picked up a new set of Kowa’s from Doug at CL, very surprised at how good the glass is….I have a lot of high end glass and these are really up there. Anyone else impressed with these.

I have a pair of the 10.5x44 Genesis binocs and they are awesome. When I got them several years ago I was also looking at a pair of Swaros, but could not justify spending almost 2X as much for nearly the same performance.

Reactions: kthomas
I have the same set.

Amazing quality for the price. Very similar quality to alpha glass like Swaro's, with subtle differences in quality.

In terms of IQ (Image Quality), the Kowa Prominar series of spotters, featuring fluorite crystal glass are the top spotters, above all others. Kowa does not use fluorite crystal glass in their binoculars, but instead they use their XD glass, which is their version of ED or perhaps even Super ED glass. and those binos should be excellent.

Both the Kowa Genesis bino's and their BD II series punch above their class better than most, they don't have the most well known name (which is why I think they often get overlooked) but they sure do perform extremely well. IMO, they are the closest to euro alpha class without paying the alpha premium.

Both the Kowa Genesis bino's and their BD II series punch above their class better than most, they don't have the most well known name (which is why I think they often get overlooked) but they sure do perform extremely well. IMO, they are the closest to euro alpha class without paying the alpha premium.
I disagree.
The Kowa Prominar spotters with fluorite glass surpass the euro glass in IQ. I've looked through enough Swaros and others, comparing them to the Kowas. The Kowas are the top.

Picked up a new set of Kowa’s from Doug at CL, very surprised at how good the glass is….I have a lot of high end glass and these are really up there. Anyone else impressed with these.
I have a pair, they're very nice!!

I disagree.
The Kowa Prominar spotters with fluorite glass surpass the euro glass in IQ. I've looked through enough Swaros and others, comparing them to the Kowas. The Kowas are the top.
I was referencing the Kowa binoculars which is what the thread title is about. I know nothing about the Spotters, but that is good to know.

Reactions: Denys
I have the 8x33 genesis and 553 spotter. Excellent glass for the money especially if you wait for sales at Camera Land.