• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kowa 10x33 Genesis Prominar XD

ratton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2009
Nevada
Just wanted to share my experience with a new pair of Kowa Genesis 10x33mm Prominar XD binoculars. I waited a long time and recently finally found them at a reduced price (sale) from Cameraland. I was worried the smaller objective lenses would compromise my viewing experience. Not so, they are fantastic. I really enjoy the small light weight and feel. The viewing experience is superior. I own Zeiss and Leica binos and the Kowa Genesis Prominar is equal to the higher priced Euro binos. If your sitting on the bench deciding, you will not be disappointed with the Kowa Genisis Prominar XD.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share my experience with a new pair of Kowa Genesis 33 10x33mm Prominar XD binoculars. I waited a long time and recently finally found them at a reduced price (sale) from Cameraland. I was worried the smaller objective lenses would compromise my viewing experience. Not so, they are fantastic. I really enjoy the small light weight and feel. The viewing experience is superior. I own Zeiss and Leica binos and the Kowa Genesis Prominar is equal to the higher priced Euro binos. If your sitting on the bench deciding, you will not be disappointed with the Kowa Genisis Prominar XD.
Glad you're enjoying them. We've found that optically the Kowa Genesis binoculars are as close in comparison to the Swarovski SLC's as anything out there

Reactions: rhsc
I recently purchased a Kowa Genesis 10.5x44, and these binos are great!

First set of quality binos, the clarity is amazing.

They are hefty, but not enough for it to be a big deal for me. Mounts perfectly to a tripod with the RRS Cinch Elite, and fits snug in a small marsupial bino pouch.

PXL_20220902_195441137.jpg

How did these fly under the radar for me, I've been looking for a nice set of 10x32's that offer great glass and light weight, these seem to be just the ticket. I picked up the BD II 6.5x32 recently for a "cheap" set to keep in the car and was so impressed for the price I've decided to try the Genesis 10x33's and see if they impress even more, I'll let you know initial thoughts by next week, but these binos may have saved me a boatload as I was about to pull the trigger on the Swaro NL Pure, yes I know, they won't compare because NL Pure are the best... but every review I've read about the Genesis 10x33 is top praise from every aspect, so maybe I don't "need" the NL Pure (I'll just keep convincing myself of this).

Reactions: kthomas
B&H Photo still has a pretty decent sale on the whole Kowa Genesis line.