• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo accept AW mags?

amedeo1227

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2012
Thibodaux, LA
Can you use AW mags in a KRG Bravo with a TL3 or Origin action?

I feel like the AICS, AW, and all info never really stuck in my head right. Im sure once you break it all down and have them sitting in a table in front of you, it clicks. However, i don't know all the applications.

An action needs to accept the AW mags, right? besides that its ok?

Correct. AWs won't work with origins and some TL3s, have to have a TL3 (or any action) specifically cut for AW mags. I don't know exactly what they do to the reciever, but I believe it basically amounts to removing a bit more material so the feed lips can be pushed up a little higher since the top of an AW mag is definitely wider than an AICS, but I'm just guessing based on a few observations on that point. But the size and shape of the mag itself and the location of the magazine lock is all the same as a traditional AICS mag.

AW mags do not "Center Feed" they are offset.

IMG_3539.jpeg

I believe all other styles are Center feed?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: MarinePMI

IMG_3539.jpeg

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not a mag expert so take this with a grain of salt the size of a boulder, but I believe the AX mags also double feed.

IMG_3539.jpeg

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tikka CTR mags are also double stack, side feed, but no where near as reliable.

AI AE MKI - Uses its own special magazine but allows for longer OAL's
AI AE MKII/MKIII - Uses standard AICS Double Stack Single Feed magazines
AI AW/AT - Uses 10rd Double Stack Double Feed magazines
AI AX - Uses 10rd Double Stack Double Feed magazines like the AW/AT, however, they have a little lip on the front at the top of the magazine

Tikka CTR - Uses CTR or TRG-22 magazines that are Double Stack Single Feed
Sako TRG22 - Uses TRG-22 magazines that are Double Stack Single Feed only as the base on the CTR magazine hits the stock on the TRG-22. You could use a KRG Whiskey 3 chassis on the TRG-22 and then CTR magazines will work just fine.

I prefer the CTR/TRG magazines over AICS mags as they are a TON shorter in height comparing the 10rd magazines to eachother. They are also really well made and work very well.

Can you use AW mags in a KRG Bravo with a TL3 or Origin action?

I feel like the AICS, AW, and all info never really stuck in my head right. Im sure once you break it all down and have them sitting in a table in front of you, it clicks. However, i don't know all the applications.

An action needs to accept the AW mags, right? besides that its ok?
I cannot comment on the reliability of using AWs with that action despite the ability to order it with an AW cut. AW mags can be ran in a Bravo / W3 but may require the longer magazine catch that KRG sells.