• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

KRG Bravo Chassis Long Action Questions

sabrecross

Forever a Minuteman
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Texas
I'm on the fence on purchasing a KRG Bravo Chassis in a Long Action. I love the A5 look and I've read the reviews on this site & on other sites.

For those that own one in long action, I have several question:

1) I have a Remington 700 Sendero II in 7mm RM and I would like to know if you have to remove the action to clean the barrel? I'm aware that cycling the bolt may interfere with the cheek riser but what is your experience?

2) Will my bore guide interfere with the cheek rest or is the cutout in the cheek riser sufficient?

3) How is the balance of the rifle with a Sendero barrel profile?

4) Last, I know that I will need an AICS magazine (3.850"). I've read mixed reviews for the Accurate mags. What is your experience? Would it be best to buy an OEM AICS mag?

Thanks in advance.

I was all set to buy the long action Bravo last week. Turns out there is a new cheek riser for the LA Bravo coming out in the next 3-5 weeks to address the clearance issues. You might want to shoot them an e-mail.

I was all set to buy the long action Bravo last week. Turns out there is a new cheek riser for the LA Bravo coming out in the next 3-5 weeks to address the clearance issues. You might want to shoot them an e-mail.

Thanks for this info! I'll definitely check into it. I'm a little concerned that the Bravo might be a little light for a magnum but I'm still very interested. I like the design a lot.

They are awesome!!
Put a Nucleus LA, 300WM X-Caliber 24” approximately Rem Varmint contour barrel in it and also switch barrels with a 284 Win Criterion varmint. Perfect fit!
A straight tube would be just fine too, but balance may be an issue.

I pull the cheek riser to clean, if I clean in the stock; usually just pull the barreled action or barrel off to clean. Repeatability is fantastic if you use a torque wrench and same torque value each time. Pulled mine down 3 times today, dead on each time it was reassembled.

KRG sells a spacer if you want to run the standard 3.715 mags, no experience with this part but have seen it advertised on their website.

Accurate Mags work great. Personally, I’ve had more issues with AI branded mags not feeding or nosediving.

I also run a KRG X-Ray in LA and am undecided if one is better than the other?? Very happy with both!!

Many Thanks to @Massoud and KRG for their innovative designs, quality products and great customer service!!

I must have missed the original post while at SHOT. For anyone who is interested, the Bravo Rem 700LA comes with a Whiskey-3 front which means the upgraded forend.

They come with the new T3/R700LA cheekpiece as well and they also come standard with the spacer to use non CIP length mags.

We sell the mag spacers for a nominal amount if you have an older Bravo (or W-3 or X-ray R700 LA) before we made the mag spacers. Thank you for your business guys!
Justin

I just need to add that the Bravo I recently bought for my son is spectacular. A short-action (so not relevant to this thread, apologies), but I can't believe what you get for the price point and how solid it is.

Reactions: Massoud
Had to pull the action to clean.

The new cheek piece with the cutout left no problems cycling.

I used an mdt 300 win mag cip length mag. Fed just fine. Mag would bind if not inserted straight, but not the biggest deal to confirm it’s in there.

I had to remove the mag catch plastic bit to keep mags from self dropping with recoil.

Reactions: JakeM