• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo for Tikka CTR

mwiggi

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
South Georgia
Could anyone point me in the right direction of another site or perhaps a coupon code for a KRG Bravo Chassis for the Tikka CTR model using CTR magazines? Or is there a discount code for Brownells that would make the AICS the same price range, including the AICS magazine? I've searched and the only site I can find is KRG themselves. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Unless you get it from a reseller like Brownells, there really is no discount on KRG stuff. I'd suggest going direct from KRG. Give them a call and they will be more than happy to assist you with what you need. There are two different models for the Tikka. One takes the CTR mags and the other takes MDT and possibly some others. The MDT version is easier to find.

Reactions: YotaEer and mwiggi
Krg is your best bet but they don’t cut any prices and they'll hammer you on shipping. When they get done with you you’ll have a nice setup. However you’ll feel dirty and wanna take a long shower and probably won’t shit right for a week. Just saying

Krg is your best bet but they don’t cut any prices and they'll hammer you on shipping. When they get done with you you’ll have a nice setup. However you’ll feel dirty and wanna take a long shower and probably won’t shit right for a week. Just saying
True Story! Totally worth it though

There customer service is nonexistent. The chassis I bought from them was missing a sling stud. I had to email them because there’s no phone number but whatever no big deal. They emailed me back and said for me to select the $5 service fee option on their website and put it in the comment section. I don’t know if they are going to send me one or if the $5 is for contacting them. I’ll find out soon enough. Good luck

There customer service is nonexistent. The chassis I bought from them was missing a sling stud. I had to email them because there’s no phone number but whatever no big deal. They emailed me back and said for me to select the $5 service fee option on their website and put it in the comment section. I don’t know if they are going to send me one or if the $5 is for contacting them. I’ll find out soon enough. Good luck

Seriously? You're bitching over a $0.41 sling stud?

Reactions: jcmullis2
I've had the opposite experience with KRG's customer service. I have called a phone number, as recently as three weeks ago, and received a call back within minutes. Twice. Everything I've ordered from them directly arrived within days.

Cheap, good, fast. Pick two.

Reactions: DMP
Yeah good luck with that. While they make excellent chassis, they make no effort to establish healthy customer relationships. I corresponded with them once and was blown away by their arrogance.

my interaction with them a few years ago was the opposite of most. i ended up buying 2 chassis from them

no complaints, hopefully this isn't true

You know, a lot of people who complain about poor CS, never seem to ask themselves the question "Maybe it's because I act like an asshole?"

Just saying, if the shoe fits....

And for the record I've never had bad CS from KRG, and Justin frequents this board, gathering feedback.

Just saying, take away the original post and your two, that leaves 3 out of 8 posts suggesting there might possibly be some cs problems. Don’t know, never bought from them. Just saying.

Just saying, take away the original post and your two, that leaves 3 out of 8 posts suggesting there might possibly be some cs problems. Don’t know, never bought from them. Just saying.

And all the other threads that have overwhelmingly positive feedback?

Don’t know about them. Simply commenting on this one.
If you don't know about them, and never bought anything from them, then why are you even commenting? Help me out here....

Reactions: DMP
Note to self. Put poster on ignore list.....

And here we go. Pretty defensive aren’t you guys? Just making a simple comment. Obviously there’s some kind of code going on here. Anyway, I’m out of this one. Didn’t mean to touch a nerve. And thanks for the reminder on the ignore button.

Not defensive per se, but definitely opinionated after 10+ years of knowing KRG, and watching them listen to users here (like just about every successful vendor in the LR shooting community).

Many of these companies got their start here, so we're a little sensitive to new people coming in and trying to paint them in a negative way. If that was not your intent, fine. But do you really expect us to NOT say something? MDT, KRG, XLR, AI, B&T (just to name a few) are all well known and respected vendors here. Companies that have bent over backwards for members here, to make things right.

Look, people here are largely, up front, honest, no bullshit people. Fools and fanbois don't last long here. You don't seem like either. But that also means we don't put up with folks implying known good people, or known good vendors are not. Do things fall through the cracks occasionally? Sure, but here we encourage folks to address that privately before airing stuff publicly. KRG, like many others, has a known track record of taking care of screw ups if they happen.

If a vendor falls down (looking at you PTG) and starts screwing people, that gets known too. But we generally give them the benefit of the doubt based on past behavior, before raising the bullshit flag publicly.

So yes, we do have a code here. And it's worked pretty well for members and vendors over the last couple decades.

And no, this post isn't directed specifically at you (I'm not coming down on you specifically). We've had a huge influx of new people, so I'm pointing this out for others to read as well, so they understand "the code". We look after those who support us and our discipline of shooting...until they prove they don't deserve that support any longer. Very few IME have done that (though there have been a few). At this time, KRG's track record doesn't justify some people grumbling about shit that just doesn't ring true.

If anyone has an issue with KRG, I'd urge them to reach out to @Massoud (Justin) directly via PM. He has a history of taking care of members, where there may have been a mistake made. As we often say here, "Mistakes happen. It's how a company responds to that, that matters".

Sorry if this came across as overly harsh, but...it's the Hide. It can be a bit rough around the edges at times, but it's part of the culture here.

v/r

MPMI

Positive input about KRG. Several times I have sent them emails late in the evening, not expecting a response till the following day, and have gotten a response in a few minutes from them. I have not seen that from other company's. Just saying

Look. Just go ahead and ban me. This is my second go around trying to tolerate this tough guy no nonsense bullshit bravado from you clowns. You guys are either terribly frustrated or just genuine hard ass wannabes. Regardless, life is too short to put up with silly tough guy act so many of you guys insist putting on. Sorry to all the genuine knowledgeable people on here who just want to learn and share (and there are quite a lot of them). But alas, a few ANTIFA like millennials seem to overwhelm the good will and good taste of the many. When I was banned the first time, Little Frankie was the major tough guy dildo. It seems there’s no shortage of that kind now. Anyway, like I said, life’s too short to deal with this kind of crap

I thought you were out? As you wish....

tenor (5).gif

You know, a lot of people who complain about poor CS, never seem to ask themselves the question "Maybe it's because I act like an asshole?"

Just saying, if the shoe fits....

And for the record I've never had bad CS from KRG, and Justin frequents this board, gathering feedback.

Agreed. Some are total dicks and blame it on bad customer service. However, I tried my hardest to point out their lack of willingness to establish healthy customer relationships and their blatant arrogance in email correspondence. I won't point any fingers here but want to point out that customer service includes more than just replacing bad parts. That said, I'm willing to accept that the guy on the other end was having a complete dick of a day.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I’ve spoken with KRG on the phone twice and exchanged several emails. All positive interactions.

Seriously? You're bitching over a $0.41 sling stud?

You obviously have more time than I do or you place a lesser value on your time. I doubt it actually cost that much but I needed the darn 5cent sling stud. The sling stud that was to be included in my purchase, that I paid for and should have been there robbed me of a hour of my time. To add insult to injury they had me fork over an additional $5 spot. I’m not accustomed to paying for other people’s mistakes and my rate of pay before retirement was just shy of $50 an hour or $75/hr for ot. You could look at it as a hour I didn’t get to spend doing something I enjoy. It just depends on how you look at things.
As you get older you realize that time is truly valuable. We get a finite amount and all the money in the world can’t buy you another minute of it. I don’t like to waste it and I certainly don’t like to be robbed of it either. I was much like you until a few years back. I had to have extensive heart surgery and a large portion of my aorta was replaced also. They gave me less than a 20% chance of survival. As I lay there saying goodbye to my family I prayed for more time. I think most people would do the same. My surgery went good and I’m here today but I’m much more protective of the time I have left. Oh What I’d give to be young again with all those years in front of me instead of behind me. 41 cents, smdh.

I'm no spring chicken myself. And having had similar health challenges myself, I can say this:

Life and time is too short to bitch about a 41 cent part. Time is valuable, and since I'm still working, even more so. And I bill out at well over 4 times what you mention, an hour...

This reply just cost me $50. 😂