• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krg Bravo short discussion

Michael W

I love this place
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2020
    I recently purchased a krg Bravo chassis to go on my Tikka tx3 varmint in .223. I was looking for a rifle I could practice with that would be inexpensive to fire and have a very long barrel life.
    I chose the Tikka because it had a nice action with a trigger that was good and easy to make better , and a good reputation. Also it was the only quality gun I could find at a decent price.223 with a long barrel.
    I also chose the krg for the same reasons a good reputation and a high-quality to dollar ratio.
    There's a lot of reviews on a krg Bravo so let me get to what I liked and disliked. And some info I didn't know about before I purchased the chassis.
    Likes...
    It feels Rock Solid. I could not feel any Flex at all
    Fit and finish are very nice.
    Butt pad is very cushy.
    There's a metal recoil block.
    Uses AICS magazines.
    Easy to access mag release.
    While the hand grip is large it feels great in your hand.
    While I primarily shoot right handed I do practice whith my left hand / weak hand ,you have plenty of room for Bolt to clear your thumb ( also has a very nice thumb rest).
    There's plenty of room for a large profile Barrel, it looks like you could even put an M24 profile and have room to spare.
    Since it is a semi chassis, you can remove the foregrip and mount weights on the underside of the chassis ,there's plenty of room for this I was able to put approximately a pound and a half on the underside of the chassis without any interference problems using balance weights for car wheels. And when you place the foregrip back on you cannot even see them.
    While it's a very nice chassis there still are some issues
    They use PROPRIETARY picatinny rail peace for the bag Rider and their spicket mount. You are supplied a plastic picatinny rail but I would never use it. I've only been able to find a aluminum version on krg website.
    When mounting the picatinny rail piece on the rear portion of the stock you have to use supplied nuts they are almost impossible to manipulate to align them with the mounting hole.
    If you want to remove cover peace under the stock for the cutout you have to buy their cover.
    If you want to remove the bolt at least on my gun you must remove the cheek piece the clear the bolt.
    I said before the butt pad is very comfortable but that being said you can only adjust length of pull there is no left right or up down adjustment unless you buy their adjustable butt pad. Which cost almost as much as the chassis itself. It would have been nice if they supplied a bit more adjustable mounting options.

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_152733.jpg
      IMG_20200529_152733.jpg
      365.5 KB · Views: 120
    I recently purchased a krg Bravo chassis to go on my Tikka tx3 varmint in .223. I was looking for a rifle I could practice with that would be inexpensive to fire and have a very long barrel life.
    I chose the Tikka because it had a nice action with a trigger that was good and easy to make better , and a good reputation. Also it was the only quality gun I could find at a decent price.223 with a long barrel.
    I also chose the krg for the same reasons a good reputation and a high-quality to dollar ratio.
    There's a lot of reviews on a krg Bravo so let me get to what I liked and disliked. And some info I didn't know about before I purchased the chassis.
    Likes...
    It feels Rock Solid. I could not feel any Flex at all
    Fit and finish are very nice.
    Butt pad is very cushy.
    There's a metal recoil block.
    Uses AICS magazines.
    Easy to access mag release.
    While the hand grip is large it feels great in your hand.
    While I primarily shoot right handed I do practice whith my left hand / weak hand ,you have plenty of room for Bolt to clear your thumb ( also has a very nice thumb rest).
    There's plenty of room for a large profile Barrel, it looks like you could even put an M24 profile and have room to spare.
    Since it is a semi chassis, you can remove the foregrip and mount weights on the underside of the chassis ,there's plenty of room for this I was able to put approximately a pound and a half on the underside of the chassis without any interference problems using balance weights for car wheels. And when you place the foregrip back on you cannot even see them.
    While it's a very nice chassis there still are some issues
    They use PROPRIETARY picatinny rail peace for the bag Rider and their spicket mount. You are supplied a plastic picatinny rail but I would never use it. I've only been able to find a aluminum version on krg website.
    When mounting the picatinny rail piece on the rear portion of the stock you have to use supplied nuts they are almost impossible to manipulate to align them with the mounting hole.
    If you want to remove cover peace under the stock for the cutout you have to buy their cover.
    If you want to remove the bolt at least on my gun you must remove the cheek piece the clear the bolt.
    I said before the butt pad is very comfortable but that being said you can only adjust length of pull there is no left right or up down adjustment unless you buy their adjustable butt pad. Which cost almost as much as the chassis itself. It would have been nice if they supplied a bit more adjustable mounting options.
    I like mine a lot. But it does only cost $350.

I like mine a lot. But it does only cost $350.
    You are correct it's an inexpensive chassis lot of bang for the buck. I'm just saying it would have been nice be able to adjust the butt pad even if it was just a couple of other mounting holes.
    The adjustable butt pad cost almost $300 which is a pretty big option putting it up there with a MPA chassis after all is said and done

They have a polymer adjustable buttpad that costs less than $40 and and aluminum one that’s under $70 that use the spacers.

I’ll second that and the polymer butt hook is $8 I believe. So for $400 you have both.

I’m not sure if there’s a chassis out there at that price point that offers that.

Pretty much.

The cover isn’t even a “requirement” and is merely for cosmetics. Either way, the end user has a choice whether they want a butt hook or not.

The pic rails also use Magpul L2 and L3 spacing so i wouldn’t really label it as proprietary to KRG. KRG even advertises the spacing specs for their rails.

That hole spacing is mag-pull Moe. It's been around a long time now. As someone who hates Pic rail I'm happy I didn't pay for a useless chunk of aluminum.

What did you want for $350? Everything your complaining about is equipped on a chassis if you spend $700+.

I added an ARCA rail, barricade stop, and spigot and I'm still half of what any comparably equipped chassis would run me.

Maybe you should have bought the x-ray?

Does it clear if you drop the cheekpiece down? Looks like you have super high rings on there and the cheekpiece is jacked up ultra high. This isn't normally the case.

Does it clear if you drop the cheekpiece down? Looks like you have super high rings on there and the cheekpiece is jacked up ultra high. This isn't normally the case.

I had a similar issue when taking my bolt out until I dropped down a size in rings and now I’m able to take my bolt out without taking it off or dropping down the cheek piece. However, when cleaning I take it off to allow proper clearance of the cleaning rod and handle.

I recommend using the tiny little rubber o-rings (mine came with them) to mark the height or on Amazon for a few dollars there’s a locking ring that takes an allen key to use as a stop so you’re not adjusting it every time.

I had a similar issue when taking my bolt out until I dropped down a size in rings and now I’m able to take my bolt out without taking it off or dropping down the cheek piece. However, when cleaning I take it off to allow proper clearance of the cleaning rod and handle.

I recommend using the tiny little rubber o-rings (mine came with them) to mark the height or on Amazon for a few dollars there’s a locking ring that takes an allen key to use as a stop so you’re not adjusting it every time.

Another option for setting a height stop on the cheek riser is to use cable ties.

Jeff

Reactions: Mk12 and EN2722