• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo stock

Shooter II

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2019
Just bought a KRG Bravo for my Howa 1500 action. 26” 5R Bartlein barrel 6.5 Creed build. Has anyone had any experience with the stock good or bad?

Reactions: Massoud
Not bad for a windy cold day up north with factory Hornady 147 gr match ammo. Can’t wait to dial in my hand loads.

Attachments

• D6883879-026A-4268-A70E-B522AD75434D.jpeg
    D6883879-026A-4268-A70E-B522AD75434D.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 280
  • A89E16CF-1F5D-4234-9970-285456840F66.jpeg
    A89E16CF-1F5D-4234-9970-285456840F66.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 233
Looks good! How are you liking the KRG Bravo? My 6.5 howa action comes in Tuesday, then I'll start the build! Congrats on the rifle.

I have two KRG Bravo's with short actions Howa's in them, One 6.5 CM and a .308. Love them, best bang for the money in my opinion. In fact when I scrape up more funds I'm buying two more for my .223 and my 7mm-08.

That's awesome! Glad you like them! I'm torn between that and a bell Carlson. But now I'm leaning a little more towards the Bravo! Thank you!

Looks good! How are you liking the KRG Bravo? My 6.5 howa action comes in Tuesday, then I'll start the build! Congrats on the rifle.
Sorry about the delayed reply, was on vacation. I think you’ll love the Bravo stock. I love mine and for the money it’s perfect in my book. Everyone has their own favorite, this rock solid inexpensive gem is mine! Have fun shootin man!

That's awesome! Glad you like them! I'm torn between that and a bell Carlson. But now I'm leaning a little more towards the Bravo! Thank you!

I have a Bell and Carlson, and a KRG Bravo. Get the Bravo. The B&C is nice, but for what you get with the KRG, plus available add on’s... its a much better option.

For the money they are very good. The only bad is you can make the forend flex to the point of touching an m24 barrel.
Totally agree, for the price it’s a great stock. If I was building a mile+ gun I’d definitely upgrade to something more rigid aka more expensive. Lots of expensive options, Bravo is a great lower recoiling 1000 yard gun option. I love mine, perfect for what I’m using it for.

I have my SA Bighorn Arms TL3 in the KRG Bravo stock right now. I really like it. I have added the spigot mount, chassis hook, and the heavy LOP spacer. Everything fits together extremely well.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Totally agree, for the price it’s a great stock. If I was building a mile+ gun I’d definitely upgrade to something more rigid aka more expensive. Lots of expensive options, Bravo is a great lower recoiling 1000 yard gun option. I love mine, perfect for what I’m using it for.
I have more issues with my 2 in prs than i do elr.

I bought a Tikka T1x and put it in a KRG Bravo. My main motivation for the purchase was the price since I didn’t want to sink a ton of money into a 22 rimfire. Well it turned out that I liked both the Tikka and the Bravo so much I sold one of my other rifles and bought a Tikka T3x and put it in a KRG Bravo. Now my two match rifles fell almost identical. The 22 is a little lighter up front because the barrel isn’t as heavy but other than that I love both the rifles and stocks. We are actually planning to sell one of my sons current rifles and replace it with a rifle in another Bravo.

I have my SA Bighorn Arms TL3 in the KRG Bravo stock right now. I really like it. I have added the spigot mount, chassis hook, and the heavy LOP spacer. Everything fits together extremely well.
Would be interested to see some pictures since I'm planning to do pretty much the same kind of build. Did you go with the AICS, or the AW cut and what brand of mags are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Would be interested to see some pictures since I'm planning to do pretty much the same kind of build. Did you go with the AICS, or the AW cut and what brand of mags are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Hello SonicBurlap,

I'm running the TL3 S/A, .308, AW Magazine cut, RH, Tactical Bolt Knob, Medium Tang, with a 20 MOA Pic Rail. Despite having the AW cut, I use my Accurate Mag AICS magazines (10 rounds). I really love my AW mags (#0726, 10 rounds), and they work flawlessly in my other rifle. But, I've experienced feeding problems with my AW mags in this chassis. I've never had an issue with the AICS magazines while using my TL3, and I have over 2 cases of ammo through it.

The receiver is cerakoted black, and the bolt has the original CrN finish. I plan to get the bolt coated in DLC. I've checked with a Bighorn Arms representative, and I was informed that it would not be an issue getting the original factory bolt DLC'd. Concerning the trigger, I'm using the X-treme Shooting Products (XTSP), CG X-Treme Mod 22 Tactical Trigger. This is my first trigger from XTSP, and now I'm a fan. It was installed and tuned by MHSA, and they did an excellent job.

Currently, this is the only picture I have; however, Mystic Precision Inc. featured my build on their Facebook page on 07/05/2019, which has a few more pictures on it. If you want some other close up pics to see more of the fit and finish of the rifle I can send you those this week. Also, the lower cover on the buttstock is not flush in the pic because I wasn't using it that day, and left it partially secure just to keep the parts together in its case. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm here to help.

KRG Bravo 1.jpg

Hello SonicBurlap,

I'm running the TL3 S/A, .308, AW Magazine cut, RH, Tactical Bolt Knob, Medium Tang, with a 20 MOA Pic Rail. Despite having the AW cut, I use my Accurate Mag AICS magazines (10 rounds). I really love my AW mags (#0726, 10 rounds), and they work flawlessly in my other rifle. But, I've experienced feeding problems with my AW mags in this chassis. I've never had an issue with the AICS magazines while using my TL3, and I have over 2 cases of ammo through it.

The receiver is cerakoted black, and the bolt has the original CrN finish. I plan to get the bolt coated in DLC. I've checked with a Bighorn Arms representative, and I was informed that it would not be an issue getting the original factory bolt DLC'd. Concerning the trigger, I'm using the X-treme Shooting Products (XTSP), CG X-Treme Mod 22 Tactical Trigger. This is my first trigger from XTSP, and now I'm a fan. It was installed and tuned by MHSA, and they did an excellent job.

Currently, this is the only picture I have; however, Mystic Precision Inc. featured my build on their Facebook page on 07/05/2019, which has a few more pictures on it. If you want some other close up pics to see more of the fit and finish of the rifle I can send you those this week. Also, the lower cover on the buttstock is not flush in the pic because I wasn't using it that day, and left it partially secure just to keep the parts together in its case. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm here to help.

View attachment 7136783
That's a good looking rifle. I appreciate the info, especially about the mags. Mine should look a lot like it once it's done except I'll replace that lower buttstock cover and use it with the butthook, I'll install the QD flush cups on the left side, L2 Picatinny rails on spigot mount and butstock for the QD Atlas and QD monopod, tool-less buttpad height mechanism, TriggerTech Diamond, PVA Jet Blast muzzle brake, and a Vortex Razor GEN II 4.5-27x56 (EBR-7C MOA). I'll get the FDE version but I'll most likely do my own rattle can camo.

Reactions: California
That's a good looking rifle. I appreciate the info, especially about the mags. Mine should look a lot like it once it's done except I'll replace that lower buttstock cover and use it with the butthook, I'll install the QD flush cups on the left side, L2 Picatinny rails on spigot mount and butstock for the QD Atlas and QD monopod, tool-less buttpad height mechanism, TriggerTech Diamond, PVA Jet Blast muzzle brake, and a Vortex Razor GEN II 4.5-27x56 (EBR-7C MOA). I'll get the FDE version but I'll most likely do my own rattle can camo.

Thank you! One of the big selling points for me with the KRG Bravo stock is that I could easily take on/off the lower buttstock cover and use the butthook when I desire. Actually, I use my KRG Bravo quite often with the butthook. I'm using the spigot mount with the L2 aluminum picatinny rail. It provides a solid attachment point for a bipod.

Post some pics once you get you build done. I'm interested in seeing your rattle can work. Have you decided who is going to spin up your barrel, and what contour you are going to use?

Thank you! One of the big selling points for me with the KRG Bravo stock is that I could easily take on/off the lower buttstock cover and use the butthook when I desire. Actually, I use my KRG Bravo quite often with the butthook. I'm using the spigot mount with the L2 aluminum picatinny rail. It provides a solid attachment point for a bipod.

Post some pics once you get you build done. I'm interested in seeing your rattle can work. Have you decided who is going to spin up your barrel, and what contour you are going to use?
I'm going to get a Proof Research 26" 6.5 Creedmoor M24 steel barrel Bighorn TL3 Prefit, by the time I'll be ready it'll be sometime late next spring to early summer the way it looks. My wife and I are supposed to visit some friends in Rapid City, SD and I'll have some other stuff I might swing by to LRI in Sturgis and let them get a look at it.

My Tikka T3x CTR (308) with new KRG Bravo. Yesterday was first time in the range, shooting distance was 150 meters and with 4 groups the average group was 0.38 MOA (self loaded ammo, Scenar bullits 10,85 grams). Really nice combo to shoot (with AseUtra silencer and Harris bipod, Yodaves spring), recoil easy to handle.

I will send pics when I am back home....

I loved my KRG bravo so much that I have two, one for vector and one for TL3. Best bang for buck stock style chassis, very comfortable, super modular, the back bones machined very precisely! My only small complaint is that the cheek piece and stock part is hollow, doesn’t feel as nice as manners or McMillan, but over all it’s a fantastic chassis for the price!

Attachments

• B0D3A3DE-D3DA-4576-9189-69E2C9F249EA.jpeg
    B0D3A3DE-D3DA-4576-9189-69E2C9F249EA.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 4559E6C0-0240-44D2-908B-325B34B0B68F.jpeg
    4559E6C0-0240-44D2-908B-325B34B0B68F.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 128
  • EFD3F87A-1BCC-43CB-813E-31842A8925F2.jpeg
    EFD3F87A-1BCC-43CB-813E-31842A8925F2.jpeg
    766.9 KB · Views: 141
  • A2DF6840-C8AA-47F7-9FBE-9D9D52368CA1.jpeg
    A2DF6840-C8AA-47F7-9FBE-9D9D52368CA1.jpeg
    550.6 KB · Views: 136
I’ve got a bit of experience with the bravo, I ran one on my match rifle since November till June and when I stepped up to a MPA comp chassis. It was an awesome chassis when I ran it for matches, my only complaints about it were little things that could’ve been addressed but I wanted the MPA from day one so I didn’t invest into the system. That being said I still have it and I’ll be doing more of a hunting build on it over the winter.
C74C5F61-4821-448C-AD45-642F39C4CEFD.jpeg
AD7D6DDC-1DF6-42BF-BDF3-F0C82BD9757B.jpeg

I loved my KRG bravo so much that I have two, one for vector and one for TL3. Best bang for buck stock style chassis, very comfortable, super modular, the back bones machined very precisely! My only small complaint is that the cheek piece and stock part is hollow, doesn’t feel as nice as manners or McMillan, but over all it’s a fantastic chassis for the price!
Looks great! What contour is that barrel?

Looks great! What contour is that barrel?
Haha thanks! It’s a 26inch med palma on the the vector you see in the picture, as for the tl3 it was just a burnt out 24inch m24 contour I had for the vector, I just slided on there to see if my new setup will look good with m24 contour. I’m still deciding barrel contour and caliber for the TL3.

Haha thanks! It’s a 26inch med palma on the the vector you see in the picture, as for the tl3 it was just a burnt out 24inch m24 contour I had for the vector, I just slided on there to see if my new setup will look good with m24 contour. I’m still deciding barrel contour and caliber for the TL3.
Looks like it has enough clearance to make for a highly functional and good looking rifle.

Reactions: 702shooter
I realize you just slid the barrel in but what impression about the weight balance with the M24 barrel did it give you? I want to do a Bighorn TL3 build with a M24 next year and wonder if, and how much extra weight I might need to achieve a good balance in a KRG Bravo, also where to get the weights because KRG seems to have been out of them for a while. A friend mentioned Raven Rock Machine Shop in NC but haven't found anything on them besides a facebook page and I don't do social media.

I realize you just slid the barrel in but what impression about the weight balance with the M24 barrel did it give you? I want to do a Bighorn TL3 build with a M24 next year and wonder if, and how much extra weight I might need to achieve a good balance in a KRG Bravo, also where to get the weights because KRG seems to have been out of them for a while. A friend mentioned Raven Rock Machine Shop in NC but haven't found anything on them besides a facebook page and I don't do social media.

Pour lead into the butt. Cheap, simple, effective, adjustable.

Pro tip, leave it in round shot form and set a zip-lock in to pour into. Easily removable without trying to sweep lead off the dining room floor later.

Once you decide what you like you could easily epoxy it into place.

Pour lead into the butt. Cheap, simple, effective, adjustable.

Pro tip, leave it in round shot form and set a zip-lock in to pour into. Easily removable without trying to sweep lead off the dining room floor later.

Once you decide what you like you could easily epoxy it into place.
That's actually not a bad idea but since I don't want to convert it into a boat anchor I might try that with a mix with some bag filler media that consists of polypropolene and polyethelene and just a bit of shot pellets added in. If it works for a shooting bag it should work for a hollow buttstock.

Well with m24 contour was very front heavy, but it gives me less recoil. Now with the 26inch med palma it balanced out the weight a little bit, however when I put that suppressor on, it becomes front heavy again. To me if I was shooting stages where I can put a front bag to support, it didn’t bother me much, but if was shooting stages when I can’t have bipod, front bag or rear bag then it becomes harder to control.

If you don’t care about the resale value of your bravo you can always epoxy some lead weight in the butt stock and the grip area since those spots are hollow.

I’ve got a bit of experience with the bravo, I ran one on my match rifle since November till June and when I stepped up to a MPA comp chassis.

God I hated the ROs at that range. No one else besides Trislam had cool rifles besides myself when I used to live over there. Wish I knew there were others there haha. Nice looking rifle.

Nice looking rifle! How dose the carbon 6 barrel shoots? What’s the wait time on one of those? Im thinking getting one for my TL3

Not sure yet. I check out of the hospital today (brain tumor removal and other subsequent surgeries needed). Hope to be out in 3 weeks, to find out though! Will let you know what might hunting load work up looks like (130 Gamechanger).

If mine had the full backbone so I could use a spigot it'd be nice.

Not sure yet. I check out of the hospital today (brain tumor removal and other subsequent surgeries needed). Hope to be out in 3 weeks, to find out though! Will let you know what might hunting load work up looks like (130 Gamechanger).

I'll be praying for healing and blessings coming your way Marine, cancer survivor myself.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Damn! You guys are making the decisions hard! I just picked up a 700p and just sold the HS stock. Debating between the X ray or Bravo now.

I’m assuming they are both just as stiff since they use the same backbone?

Will the TRG bipod fit in the front? Or the accessories from atlas bipod for TRG fit?

Damn! You guys are making the decisions hard! I just picked up a 700p and just sold the HS stock. Debating between the X ray or Bravo now.

Will the TRG bipod fit in the front? Or the accessories from atlas bipod for TRG fit?
I think the backbones are all the same but I’m not 100% sure. You can ask the KRG rep on here.

If you really care about the thumbhole style grip go for the X-ray, if not get the bravo with adjustable butt plate and the spigot. Just my opinion.

@craig24680 you know we had a bunch of Howa blems on fire sale just this last weekend. Maybe we have something for you still. Email info at krg-ops.com and tell them you talked to Justin on the 'hide about a Howa blem.
Justin,
is a restock of the heavy LOP spacers, and the forend T-slot weights still in the works?

They do use the same backbone and they do take a TRG bipod although they don't have the steel insert plate in the backbone like the TRG so you might see some wear over time. The Elite Iron bipod fits as well.

@SonicBurlap yes we are making more of those, we did not anticipate their popularity.

Thank you!
Justin

They do use the same backbone and they do take a TRG bipod although they don't have the steel insert plate in the backbone like the TRG so you might see some wear over time. The Elite Iron bipod fits as well.

@SonicBurlap yes we are making more of those, we did not anticipate their popularity.

Thank you!
Justin
Ok. Thank you.

I spent about 20 min on the phone today with one of the KRG reps. Super cool guy! Answered every question I had . I’m sure I could of posted asked here or done some more research to get the answers but I was to lazy so I just called. I will be ordering a Bravo once I decide which accessories I want.