• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG bravo things I should know

Doing my part

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2020
Morning all,

I just got a KRG bravo stock and I'm a little overwhelmed with widgets and doofers which can be fitted to it.

I already bought (BOUGHT!) the tiny piece of plastic which turns the straight bag rider into a butt-hook. Now I'm looking at the other end, and weighing up bipod options.

There's a sling mount, a spigot which one can buy (BUY!) or some kinda fancy rail thing under the fore end. Or I can just shoot off bags and stop thinking about it.

Currently I shoot off a bench and prone at steel, 100-1000 yards for fun. I'd shoot farther if I didn't feel like I was just paying to increase the copper content of the countryside around me.

Also, I notice that the grip and butt appear to be hollow. Shall I put something in my butt? It currently balances just in front of the mag well, but if I'm only shooting off a front support is it as simple as more mass = nicer to shoot?

Any thoughts/observations please?

Reactions: walldog
@ow3n

Here's a crazy idea................drop a rifle in it and go shoot it hard for a solid month.....and learn these things for yourself.

Then come back here and you tell us what you liked, did not like, and what you're going to change.

As far as the bipod goes, all KRG products come with a couple of short picatinny rail sections. Mount one right now under the forearm as far fwd as you can go and clamp the bipod to it. START there.

Not only will you have the satisfaction of actually learning this stuff yourself, you will most likely save money by not buying shit you use once and then toss in a box because it seemed like a good idea when you didn't know what you didn't know.

@ow3n

Here's a crazy idea................drop a rifle in it and go shoot it hard for a solid month.....and learn these things for yourself.

Then come back here and you tell us what you liked, did not like, and what you're going to change.

As far as the bipod goes, all KRG products come with a couple of short picatinny rail sections. Mount one right now under the forearm as far fwd as you can go and clamp the bipod to it. START there.

Not only will you have the satisfaction of actually learning this stuff yourself, you will most likely save money by not buying shit you use once and then toss in a box because it seemed like a good idea when you didn't know what you didn't know.

Deal, on my way... As soon as I'm allowed. No travel or ranges open in the UK at the moment, which is why I'm sitting around overthinking equipment choices.

I'm sorry. Here in the USA we tend to ignore and defy government overreach.
We don't have enough space to quietly get on with anything here. My range is actually in Wales, which is open. I'm in England which is not. If I get pinged over there in my car which is registered over here (which is probable - auto plate recognition is EVERYWHERE) there's no argument, you're getting reamed.

On the other hand, I am about to drive 200 miles to go surfing tomorrow but I'm not crossing any imaginary lines so that's a-OK.

Given the choice I'd rather live in South Texas, or possibly a Carolina, but you guys make it difficult to get in.

Reactions: DJL2 and Boatninja
We don't have enough space to quietly get on with anything here.
I live in Ohio. It's only slightly less crowded than most of England, but not by much. Biggest difference is we don't have a gigantic city like London.

Police agencies here have much more important things to do than to keep track of where people go or whether they are wearing a halfway useless mask.

Even at the height of our "lockdown" in April - May I went where I pleased when I pleased. It's a question of how much one wants to tolerate.

But I digress.......

We don't have enough space to quietly get on with anything here. My range is actually in Wales, which is open. I'm in England which is not. If I get pinged over there in my car which is registered over here (which is probable - auto plate recognition is EVERYWHERE) there's no argument, you're getting reamed.

On the other hand, I am about to drive 200 miles to go surfing tomorrow but I'm not crossing any imaginary lines so that's a-OK.

Given the choice I'd rather live in South Texas, or possibly a Carolina, but you guys make it difficult to get in.
Not if your a wetback.🤣

Move here to the states and enjoy the freedoms we fought for you to have.

I've got the same chassis and I didn't like the forend... It was too flimsy. I ended up going with the enclosed forend. Other than that, the only issue that I have is that the pistol grip is too narrow. But that's an easy fix.

If you have a problem with magazine fit then you're simply need to adjust the forend is facing by loosening the screws as necessary.

Reactions: Doing my part

I've got the same chassis and I didn't like the forend... It was too flimsy. I ended up going with the enclosed forend. Other than that, the only issue that I have is that the pistol grip is too narrow. But that's an easy fix.

If you have a problem with magazine fit then you're simply need to adjust the forend is facing by loosening the screws as necessary.
Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately I work in a regulated industry (non defense) and you guys are picky about who you let in to do the same work in the US. I could come over with my degree but I'd lose 16 years of experience doing interesting engineering.

Deal, on my way... As soon as I'm allowed. No travel or ranges open in the UK at the moment, which is why I'm sitting around overthinking equipment choices.

...then maybe plan B is take it out back to the garden to dry fire and go “pew pew”. That ought to get the neighbors talking.

I prefer the OEM plate and added bag rider on the butt stock to the hook. The hook looks good but I have yet found a need to 'hook' it into anything. The plastic bag rider is like $10 US.

The ARCA rail for the fore end is great for me as I am moving towards ARCA mounting for everything. Will add a bit of rigidity and weight to the fore end as well. I also prefer the spigot mount as it moves your bipod out farther but mostly I was trying to add weight to the fore end for balance and is not a must have addition. I also added the NV bridge for the same reason as well as some of their fore end weights. Pretty sure a new heavier barrel would have been cheaper at this point.

Hoptic also makes a nice foam cheek pad for the cheek riser if you're interested.

Reactions: Newbie2020
I already worked out something for the cheek piece, I just hope I guessed my eye relief and setup right while dry firing and going 'pew! pew!' on the dinner table

Attachments

• IMG-20201121-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20201121-WA0000.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 167
Good for you!

My lesson Learned was to set my eye relief at full magnification, especially if you don’t have a >$2,500 scope. My eye box is pretty unforgiving at high magnification.

Good for you!

My lesson Learned was to set my eye relief at full magnification, especially if you don’t have a >$2,500 scope. My eye box is pretty unforgiving at high magnification.
That is an excellent point! I just moved from a Vortex crossfire to a Nightforce NSX and one of the first things I noticed was that compared with the Vortex you only need to have your face somewhere roughly behind the nightforce for it to give a good sight.

I like Vortex kit, I'm not bashing it - it kicked ass for the price I paid, but I'm learning the buy once cry once way. Sorta.

Dammit. I so badly want a NightForce....or a Razor 2, or a S&B, or a Kahles, or a mark 5..... haha
My range instructor swears by the zero stop S+B stuff. My NF seems nice. I'm intrigued by the Athlon stuff but haven't seen any in real life.

The way I found mine was used equipment for deer stalkers - the British deer set look down their noses at anything tactical, which is awesome if you want to shoot good instead of look dignified exiting your Range Rover with 20k's worth of old-as-fuck wood and metal 😉

Reactions: Newbie2020
Morning all,

I just got a KRG bravo stock and I'm a little overwhelmed with widgets and doofers which can be fitted to it.

I already bought (BOUGHT!) the tiny piece of plastic which turns the straight bag rider into a butt-hook. Now I'm looking at the other end, and weighing up bipod options.

There's a sling mount, a spigot which one can buy (BUY!) or some kinda fancy rail thing under the fore end. Or I can just shoot off bags and stop thinking about it.

Currently I shoot off a bench and prone at steel, 100-1000 yards for fun. I'd shoot farther if I didn't feel like I was just paying to increase the copper content of the countryside around me.

Also, I notice that the grip and butt appear to be hollow. Shall I put something in my butt? It currently balances just in front of the mag well, but if I'm only shooting off a front support is it as simple as more mass = nicer to shoot?

Hey mate,

I have been using KRG Bravo and can impart some advice. I’ll PM you.

cheers

Ummm... We all just gonna pretend like this didn't happen...?!
Well I'm new here and still working out what level to pitch the set up lines at. Since no one's biting the only question remains was it too puerile, or not puerile enough?

Reactions: Habu64 and J-Ham
Excellent reply, haha!

To answer your question (in my own way), in my opinion the cool thing about the Bravo is that you can make it what you want. From the factory it comes fairly light, but there are plenty of good options out there for making it heavier, adding that weight WHERE you want it along with all sorts of little doodads.

Here's more or less how mine sits now... Spigot mount for the bipod, Arca rail, forend weight & a couple of steel LOP spacers.
IMG_20200521_203321636_HDR.jpg

Feel free to ask any specific questions you might have, man.

Thanks very much for putting your hand up (my butt...), it looks like yours is a little shorter and wider than mine.

I think I've got a reasonable first attempt at a setup, and it's really just overthinking to plan too much until I have gone and shot it a while.

I'm still not completely happy with the tripod setup options I have, either a Harris fixed head on the sling stud, or Atlas on a pic rail. The rail is still in the mail and I'm not convinced that it's going to fit the fore end - this was an ex show gun and it was just an action in a stock - no manual, no spares... Which is why I put up this thread instead of getting on with it.

Anyway, that's the long way of saying - Thanks very much, I'm gonna shoot it then see what I don't like!

Excellent reply, haha!

To answer your question (in my own way), in my opinion the cool thing about the Bravo is that you can make it what you want. From the factory it comes fairly light, but there are plenty of good options out there for making it heavier, adding that weight WHERE you want it along with all sorts of little doodads.

Here's more or less how mine sits now... Spigot mount for the bipod, Arca rail, forend weight & a couple of steel LOP spacers.
View attachment 7480396
Feel free to ask any specific questions you might have, man.

what length barrel?

Running a LA version. I like it so far. I will be putting the original stock piece back on though. The hook looks cool but doesn't function very well with a rear bag. I also need to add more LOP spacer than it came with

Using the minimalist spigot. I milled a groove for a better fit using a direct attached ADM170 bipod.

In the grip I tucked a small zip lock bag with all Allen keys needed to tighten or remove anything on the gun plus a pice of foam.

Reactions: Doing my part
Hi there. UK based too. I was looking at getting a Bravo too some time next year. where did you pick yours up from ?

Hi there. UK based too. I was looking at getting a Bravo too some time next year. where did you pick yours up from ?
Ian Hodge fieldsports in Cornwall. I think they still have a Howa Bravo in black, with mod for about £1k.

Reactions: Ted Harte
How many fires have been proven to have been started by gunfire?

You guys are being scapegoated hard.

I've started a few...but they always involved 7-9 round bursts and a 4:1 mix...or 40mm.

As to the Bravo...I actually bought a Bravo rear to replace my W-3 OME rear on my KRG SOTIC. I run it with the minimum LOP only because I cannot make it even shorter. If I were going to compare the two, I'd say having the more pronounced thumb shelf on the W-3 is nice...but, I prefer the traditional vertical grip configuration generally on the Bravo. I'm not sure under what conditions I would use the multi-directional adjustment on the W-3...so while that feature is certainly nice to have, I'm not sure when it would actually prove advantageous. I run the stock straight on the bottom. I've got the bag rider from the W-3...which I removed and didn't bother to put on the Bravo. I bought, and never used because I swapped to the Bravo, the wedge shaped rider for the W-3. If I'm gonna ride a bag with the rear end in the first place, I like being able to make fine adjustments to the rifle's pitch. The Bravo is good for that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Adjust your trigger guard properly and loctite the screws for it before you set the action on.
Mine came loose after 64 shots.
I didn't notice and lost my mag walking in the bush one day.
Talk about 1 angry hunter.

Morning all,

You probably know this by now but they make weights that go in the grip.

Not exactly what I would term flimsy. Not sure what you are even comparing it to. Don’t think you could make it bend a 1/4 inch if you wanted to with your hands

Reactions: 308pirate