• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo/Ultimatum U300 trigger hanger fitment

fullbore

Private
Minuteman
  • Jul 12, 2018
    Hello Guys

Bit of a long shot but thought id ask, Ive got my hands on a Ultimatum U300 Gen 2 action and am just trying to figure out if It will fit alright in a KRG Bravo chassis. From what ive read the recoil lug recess will need some relief which is fine but Ive seen some other reports on other clone rem 700 actions (that use a trigger hanger) having trouble with the trigger hanger hitting the aluminum back bone. Could a gunsmith be able to relieve the area on the stock to get it to fit or will that be detrimental to the integrity of the aluminum back bone?

Thanks for any info or help in advance.

Is yours a Deadline action? Early Bravo chassis had recoil lug recess sized for factory Remington 700 recoil lugs. If you wanted a wider lug, you had to specify the W3 backbone. This backbone is now standard. So, it depends on which Bravo chassis you have. A competent gunsmith can widen a lug recess if necessary. Removing small amount of material around a trigger hanger or safety is not an uncommon operation. That can even be done with a dremel tool and steady hands.

Thanks for the reply, will get in touch with my gunsmith and see what he can do.

Last edited:
    I have a U300 and also have Bravo chassis. The recoil lug is fine, but I could not or chose not to tighten the rear action screw. It was very tight where the Mausingfields were no issue. Although I didn't look into very much, a quick look I thought the rear screw was making contact with the inside of the rear screw hole. It may have been the trigger hanger making contact and the screw going in on a angle due to action not being aligned and sitting on the hanger.

We had to do some work to get the U300 to properly fit in a XLR Carbon for a R700.

http://dmr-llc.com/?p=244

The rifle hammers though and after re-doing the Cerakote the bolt lift greatly improved.

I see the action you used was the 16tpi version which had the thick tang. The 20tpi version doesn't have this, looks like a normal tang. The 20tpi gets updated bolt body and a revised trigger hanger.

I should have had a better look at why the U300 didn't fit into the Bravo properly. Some material will also needed to be taken off the mag catch as the bolt is alarger diameter.

The action ive got is the revised Gen 2 U300 which has the upgraded bolt and slim rear tang so I might have the revised trigger hanger aswell.

I never had a U300, but I have 2 Deadlines. One was mounted in an early KRG Bravo. I did have to do some dremel work in the trigger hanger area, and the safety side, since its sits slightly lower. Nothing a competent gunsmith, or a neanderthal with a dremel can't figure out.

I never had a U300, but I have 2 Deadlines. One was mounted in an early KRG Bravo. I did have to do some dremel work in the trigger hanger area, and the safety side, since its sits slightly lower. Nothing a competent gunsmith, or a neanderthal with a dremel can't figure out.

That is sounding promising, thanks for your time and information. Btw how are you liking the deadline? What cartridges are you running?

That is sounding promising, thanks for your time and information. Btw how are you liking the deadline? What cartridges are you running?

I love the action. Tough as a tank, smooth, and runs AW mags. Zero issues with loading, extraction, ejection, etc. I run 6XC for matches, but also use it for 308 and swap bolt heads for 223 as well.

Reactions: fullbore
    I love the action. Tough as a tank, smooth, and runs AW mags. Zero issues with loading, extraction, ejection, etc. I run 6XC for matches, but also use it for 308 and swap bolt heads for 223 as well.
    Did you have any issues with the mag release at all?
    I've been told I'll need a trg shorter mag release.

I don't 100% recall on the Bravo if i had to trim the mag catch, but I would be prepared to do so.