• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo vs MDT XRS

WestDesertPRS

Sergeant of Marines
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Looking for some first-hand experience with these 2 stock/chassis. My project is a 300 PRC for ELR shooting. My Origin LA is in NICS purgatory (Oregon, 2 month wait right now) and I've picked Straight Jacket Armory to do the barrel work (Benchmark blank, 26" MTU profile).

I'm now in the process of choosing a stocks/chassis. Easiest option is the KRG Bravo. Seems that everybody likes it and it comes already with a CIP length magwell to fit the 300 PRC mags (3.850").

The other stock that looks really interesting to me is the MDT XRS. I like the look and the fact that it has a longer forend than the Bravo, as well as MLok slots and changeable grip angle. The problem is the magwell is only standard AICS length. MDT told me that it could be adapted by a gunsmith removing 0.135" material at the front of the magwell.

Assuming I have the magwell opened up, is there any opinion on which of these would be better?

I prefer the xrs ergonomics but I’d go bravo in this situation. Why spend half its cost in smith fees adapting it to be what it’s not? With that cost added on top you open the door to more ready out the door options.

Between the two…
Save some $ and go with the Bravo. They are popular for a reason and easily sold in the px if for some reason you don’t like it.

I prefer the bravo over the Xrs as far as feel goes. Both are great chassis but for me it’s the bravo

Does anyone have experience with the Enclosed Forend from KRG? Looks like it could be added to the Bravo and get the extra length and MLok slots of the XRS. I like the look of a somewhat traditional stock over most of the chassis out there, but want some of that chassis functionality.

I have an enclosed forend on a w3. I like it quite a bit. It adds a few inches to the normal foreend, which is nice for placing bipods on it and having room for a bag. Plus, it looks cool, so that’s a big bonus

I have an enclosed forend on a w3. I like it quite a bit. It adds a few inches to the normal foreend, which is nice for placing bipods on it and having room for a bag. Plus, it looks cool, so that’s a big bonus

Well....looking cool is 1/2 the battle. What's the point in making hits if you can't look good doin' it! :ROFLMAO:

But for real, thanks for that info. And its good and solid even though its just held together with a few screws?

Reactions: IdahoRenegade
Just know the Bravo tail is rather light. Affects accuracy compared to a heavy metal butt IMO. They sell weights which cuts into the "savings".

That said, I think it's a solid choice as far as quality and performance.

Just know the Bravo tail is rather light. Affects accuracy compared to a heavy metal butt IMO. They sell weights which cuts into the "savings".

That said, I think it's a solid choice as far as quality and performance.
Find some free lead weights and do the same thing to the rear to weigh it down.

Reactions: bobc186
Well....looking cool is 1/2 the battle. What's the point in making hits if you can't look good doin' it! :ROFLMAO:

But for real, thanks for that info. And its good and solid even though its just held together with a few screws?

I’ve never had issues with it coming loose. Same with the aluminum fore end I had on my gen 5 w3.

First off, great barrel choice. I have a benchmark 26in mtu in 6.5lapua...that also sits in a bravo. I will say, the bravo is lighter than the xrs and the balance is kinda far forward of the magwell. But I spent $5 on some bb's and put them in the spaces under the buttpad and bag rider cut out. Now the balance point is just Infront of the magwell.

My buddy has the xrs chassis and I do like it. The rubber grip is nice and it's a fair bit narrower than the bravo. But I'd still buy my bravo again given a choice between the two. His is a short action but the magwell is quite tight. You really need to pull down on the mags to get them to come out. I feel the bravo is a good ratio between loose yet not too loose.

A fully kitted-out Bravo is about as good as anything else at any price.

Even if you end up buying just about everything KRG makes to bolt onto it, all the weights, spigot, etc, with a Bravo you're still only looking at ~$800 for a chassis that'll do everything that you'd normally need to go with a $1600+ chassis to get.

I am interested to see what the Oryx Field Stock delivers once released.

-Stan

I am interested to see what the Oryx Field Stock delivers once released.

-Stan
Now that is interesting...

I have an Orxy on another rifle and like it quite a bit. I'd buy another oryx for this build but the magwell has the same issue...won't fit CIP mags.

Reactions: stanley_white