• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Gen 1 Enclosed Forend Question

DamagedGuds

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2019
GA
Does anyone know if screws are supposed to go in the two aft holes of the magazine well on the gen 1 enclosed forend? I ordered a hardware kit from KRG and that hardware wasn't included. If that is what in fact goes there, do you have the dimensions of said screw? I have scoured high and low to look for pictures but here I am for specifics. It's on a SA chassis.

The first pic is from KRG website, other is pic I took. The screw was too small to verify.

Attachments

• 20210104_230511.jpg
    20210104_230511.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 61
  • received_131718588564062.jpeg
    received_131718588564062.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 66
That could most certainly be. The Tikka instructions show a screw here but it fits the Rem SA very well. Without the screw, there is flexibility and some play there. Again, could be for ease of insertion and release of the magazine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-072357_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-072357_Drive.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 36
Found this vid so deleted my first reply:

Looks like his forend shipped with screws already installed, and that the screws are holding the rear of the magwell on.

Best to email KRG and ask for a pair of replacement screws.

Last edited:
Reactions: DamagedGuds
Holy hell! I couldn't tell you how many times I watched this video to view how it looks on the Bravo/install the forend (I have a W3). Now I see the screws.

I emailed them and sent pictures to get a "hardware kit" for the enclosed forend but they did not include those screws. I could have avoided this whole thing and just went to Lowe's to try different hardware. 🤷🏽‍♂️. Thank you for your help. Greatly appreciated!

No prob!
KRG was probably thinking that you needed only the screws to affix the forend to the chassis backbone. Hit them up again and ask for the specs on the magwell retention screws. They're gonna be metric and probably hard to find locally.

Reactions: DamagedGuds
No prob!
KRG was probably thinking that you needed only the screws to affix the forend to the chassis backbone. Hit them up again and ask for the specs on the magwell retention screws. They're gonna be metric and probably hard to find locally.
IIRC, the screws are SAE. 10-32 or 8-32 I think...

Like kl3309 mentioned, they're probably metric, (M5's, like the rest of the forend securement screws). However, if you really can't find them, SAE 10-32 screws will thread in to M5 holes. They will be slightly loose, but might hold well enough to stabilize those wings.
Hope this helps

The retention screws look to be a button-head screw but smaller than KRG's typical M4 (8-36ish) or M5 (10-32ish).

Reactions: Maelstrom
I just sent an email asking for the dimensions. I really appreciate all of the input and help! Thank you, all!

Hey guys those screws are button head M4 x 14mm metric. You can get them at Mcmaster Carr or you can email over to info @ krg-ops.com and ask for them. The gen 2 does not use those (except Rem 700 LA) for any future people reading this.
Thank you for your business!
Justin