• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Spigot and Barrel Length pics

Brazo

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2018
Verona, NJ
Howdy, would any of you be kind enough to post pics of your KRG Bravo or other KRG chassis with a spigot installed and state the barrel length please?

Thank you, I appreciate it!

18" on both
CC69D3C0-B10B-44B5-9C84-9AC2E490D27F.jpeg

B44EAF0F-A930-4174-A48D-F943037488B5.jpeg

Reactions: Brazo
Thanks for the post Brazo. Been curious how the spigot would work on my Bravo with a 20" Tikka CTR. Following for the info.

Reactions: Brazo
Old pic, but that’s tikka 20” with spigot on a whiskey 3 chassis.

Attachments

• E5C3C7E6-9BA0-439D-9887-C43BD53325D3.jpeg
    E5C3C7E6-9BA0-439D-9887-C43BD53325D3.jpeg
    580.8 KB · Views: 457
20_inch_tikka.png

Tikka with a 20" CTR barrel, regular spigot and direct mounted Harris, Area 419 Sidewinder brake

223_tikka.jpg

Tikka with 26" heavy palma barrel, silencer co brake, same chassis

Reactions: Esumter and Brazo
This thread is a few months old, but I would like to know if there is really a benefit to a spigot. I handled one and it seemed to add flex to the forend.

This thread is a few months old, but I would like to know if there is really a benefit to a spigot. I handled one and it seemed to add flex to the forend.
I added my spigot to get an effectively longer forend. I really like the way the rifle handles on a bipod opposed to forend mounted.

Was the forend flexing or the barrel? Lots of guys mistake the two when they squeeze them together. It’s an illusion unless the stock is made of flimsy plastic like some are.

Reactions: freeflyingchris
Definitely the Bravo forend, M24 barrel is pretty stiff😁
You could be right I don’t have a bravo to check. They are a budget stock. I’ll take your word. You would be surprised at how much a barrel that thick will bend considering it’s attached by a couple of inches at the very end at most.

The bravo is a budget stock but it still uses the same chassis and spigot attachment as the whiskey 3.
What's the spigot attachment you used an arca or picatinny mount? If it was the pic, was it a polymer rail or an aluminum?

Reactions: Rod79
The bravo is a budget stock but it still uses the same chassis and spigot attachment as the whiskey 3.
What's the spigot attachment you used an arca or picatinny mount? If it was the pic, was it a polymer rail or an aluminum?
It was the aluminum pic.

16.5”

Attachments

• 145F36BE-B723-48FD-A181-D83C58BC4064.jpeg
    145F36BE-B723-48FD-A181-D83C58BC4064.jpeg
    733.9 KB · Views: 345
The spigot buys you some much needed real estate along the forend for bags/obstacles/props and let's you get the bipod further out there to lower one's center of gravity for prone/bench shooting. It shouldn't/doesn't add any flex is it's mounted correctly. I mean, unless one is purposely trying to make it flex of course... I'm a pretty large mammal and I sometimes load the crap out of the bipod and it's fine. There's a newer spigot XL out that is twice as long as the usual ones, not sure about that one.

26" MTU - spigot minimalist

tempImage8IpLJX.png

The spigot buys you some much needed real estate along the forend for bags/obstacles/props and let's you get the bipod further out there to lower one's center of gravity for prone/bench shooting. It shouldn't/doesn't add any flex is it's mounted correctly. I mean, unless one is purposely trying to make it flex of course... I'm a pretty large mammal and I sometimes load the crap out of the bipod and it's fine. There's a newer spigot XL out that is twice as long as the usual ones, not sure about that one.

26" MTU - spigot minimalist

View attachment 7581608
This flex thing makes me chuckle a little. I can flex just about every rifle/chassis out there when it's on a bipod both vertically and torsionally. There is no way that this kind of flex would affect your shooting. Unless you shoot while wrenching on the front of the barrel of course.

Someone will say, well Velayo said he torqued his KRG forend while resting on a rock so I need the enclosed forent and 75lbs of weights added. Sure you do.

I don't know of this exists but an NVD cap that unifies the chassis with the Spigot would add torsional stiffness for those that believe they need more.

guys, does the minimalist provide more room , to not have to worry about barrel profile?

with the regular spigot, is barrel profile something to worry about to avoid barrel contact?

Reactions: General RE LEE
XL spigot with 24in barrel plus brake

Attachments

• 21A70180-C7FE-46FC-9C94-301193024A26.jpeg
    21A70180-C7FE-46FC-9C94-301193024A26.jpeg
    844.4 KB · Views: 232
guys, does the minimalist provide more room , to not have to worry about barrel profile?

with the regular spigot, is barrel profile something to worry about to avoid barrel contact?
No, I had a regular spigot with a comp contour barrel for a while, and never had issues with clearance. The spigot maintains the same clearance the rest of the chassis does

26" + brake criterion varmint contour

Min.Spigot w/ Harris direct mount

Attachments

• IMG_20220906_124020686.jpg
    IMG_20220906_124020686.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 189
No, I had a regular spigot with a comp contour barrel for a while, and never had issues with clearance. The spigot maintains the same clearance the rest of the chassis does
Thanks for the reply

I'm thinking of running an XL since I have a enclosed forend, I know that thing is long

Thanks for the reply

I'm thinking of running an XL since I have a enclosed forend, I know that thing is long
You'll have to do some machining to put a spigot on a enclosed fore-end. Some guy on here did it, but it does require some work

Kyle, barrel profile?
How much clearance do u have?
That is a heavy Palma barrel and that has plenty of room. I also tested fitted it with a MTU and that cleared but it was tight. However I do need to remove the NVG bridge to swap barrels.

I have a 16" 20" barrel and have been kicking around the idea of getting a spigot mount... is there that much benefit to moving the bipod to a spigot mount with a 16" 20" barrel?

(Brain fart on barrel length)

Last edited: