• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Spigot XL..?

CK1.0

\m/ SLAYER \m/
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2020
Nashville
I need to grab a spigot sooner or later for my KRG Bravo. I have come across circumstances where I need more real estate under the forend for bag placement, so I need the option to push my bipod out further to make some room (and of course pushing the bipod out there a ways will come in handy for added stability sometimes too).
I haven't really been in any rush to slap on an ARCA rail because thus far I haven't needed one (I almost never shoot off a tripod), and honestly think I'd prefer to keep the bipod mounted on pic-rail if I could, but it doesn't make any sense to me to kit the chassis out further if it'll only accept the bipod on a couple specific pic-rail spots, whereas ARCA on the forend and spigot will mean I can put the bipod (or whatever else) anywhere.

I noticed that KRG is now offering a "Spigot XL" at 7.75" long (about twice as long as their "normal" ARCA spigot). Since less is more except when more is more, I'm wondering about it... only thing that looks wonky is that it's a lot of aluminum hanging out there vs what attaches to the chassis.

Anyone using/used the XL..? Is it stable being as long as it is..? Too long maybe..?

Thanks.

Tagging in because I'm trying to decide which spigot to buy also.

The XL looks awesome I just want to know how it holds up being tossed around as if being used in a match.

Tagging in because I'm trying to decide which spigot to buy also.

The XL looks awesome I just want to know how it holds up being tossed around as if being used in a match.

Yeah, I’m curious of the stability of it... there’s nearly 8” hanging out there but it only attaches via like 2”, so I’m wondering if it gets springy or if there’s any sway having a clamp/bipod mounted way out there..?

I mean, my wife says 2” is enough, but IDK lol! 😂

Did either of you guys grab an XL spigot? This is exactly where I am on my Bravo would love to know if you are happy with the results. Also does the XL spigot come with a swivel stud attachment as I use a Harris. Thanks

Last edited:
Gents, I have one on my Bravo and I'm quite happy with it. It is very sturdy. It uses four bolts to attach to the chassis. It makes the rifle super stable on a bipod. My rig weighs 23 lbs.

Did either of you guys grab an XL spigot? This is exactly where I am on my Bravo would love to know if you are happy with the results. Also does the XL spigot come with a swivel stud attachment as I use a Harris. Thanks

The one I tried didn’t work out as it contacted my barrel… had to send it back.

Seems some have had good luck with the XL spigot, but I ended up just using the minimalist version and it worked fine for me.

That's extended far out there with little support.

I know that other ARCA rails that extend beyond the stock/chassis have a propensity to exhibit flexing behaviors that can show up on target.

Personally I would avoid. But I have no experience with this spigot, just the regular KRG spigot.

The typical extended arca rail is tiny in height. Like 1/4" or less. The KRG XL Arca spigot is considerably taller and has support machined into it. I run one on my rimfire and it doesn't flex.

I run a truck axle with mine. No problems.
tempImagexw2utY.jpg

Had no issues when I used mine, friend has it on his now to try and and hasnt had issues either..

vudoomine.jpg

vudoodaren.jpg

Top is 18" bottom is 20"
Just so I don't screw up my order with KRG and b/c I'm too stupid to tell from the description. I have both swivel stud and pic rail mounts for my bipods.....will I be able to mount them to the Spigot with whatever comes with it? Or do I get a la carted to death buying other accessories? Thanks

The one I tried didn’t work out as it contacted my barrel… had to send it back.

Seems some have had good luck with the XL spigot, but I ended up just using the minimalist version and it worked fine for me.
What barrel profile did you have issues with? I have a Proof pre-fit 6.5 26" stainless comp contour.....plenty of room in the barrel channel.....I incorrectly made the assumption the XL would provide the same clearance. Damn was about to buy one.

What barrel profile did you have issues with? I have a Proof pre-fit 6.5 26" stainless comp contour.....plenty of room in the barrel channel.....I incorrectly made the assumption the XL would provide the same clearance. Damn was about to buy one.

I had an MTU. Seemed like my issue was a surprise to KRG when I contacted them, and they did a return/exchange without a problem.

I just noticed the pics shown previously are all with those rigs on tripods... like that, mine was fine too. My issue was the clearance/gap disappeared when resting on the bipod. YMMV?

image0.jpeg

Reactions: rijndael
I had an MTU. Seemed like my issue was a surprise to KRG when I contacted them, and they did a return/exchange without a problem.

I just noticed the pics shown previously are all with those rigs on tripods... like that, mine was fine too. My issue was the clearance/gap disappeared when resting on the bipod. YMMV?

View attachment 7801686
Hey thanks for that really appreciate it. Going to give the XL a shot on my Bravo and see how it goes. Thank you

Reactions: CK1.0
Looks like yours clears... cool.

But, that pic doesn't look like the gun is sitting on a rear bag, ...have you checked it like that? IIRC mine was GTG until I looked at it on a bag (looks like yours is fine though).
Got mine in and it clears the barrel fine when on a bag/me loading it up a bit. Now I can push donw on the barrel with not a lot of force and get it to touch, but at rest on a rear bag I put 4 pieces of 8.5x11 together and ran it the length of the spigot runs free and clear. So stable wow. Can't wait til next week.

Reactions: CK1.0
The spigot fit to a Bravo chassis touches a Proof Sendero CF barrel.

Washers under the front two bolts create clearance but make it look goofy.

Stable enough but not enough clearance.

I’ve been using the XL spigot for almost 2 years and about 3 matches, no issues to speak of and most importantly it’s Aesthetically pleasing.

Attachments

• 3C779E12-7BEC-4EE7-90A4-E349FDFDC9A0.jpeg
    3C779E12-7BEC-4EE7-90A4-E349FDFDC9A0.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 199
So does a proof sendero carbon fiber fit with a XL spigot mount?

First link I found. There are others https://www.area419.com/product/harris-adt/

Personally, I got a chinesium arca adaptor ($13ish) and a separate Harris to ARCA adaptor ($30ish) and made my old Harris work with my new ARCA rails.