• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

Just got my Whiskey 3 this week. Hoping I can get one of those Alpha forends for it as the standard forend is a little short. Build will be for a NRL Hunter comp gun.

The guys are next shot precision are planning to do the nf elr challenge next year with a 300 PRC, so I would suspect it's in the works
Looking to build a rifle in the same caliber ! If you see if offered can you update this thread ?

I thumb the bolt forward when cycling, and leave my thumb up there right behind the bolt and use it like a hanger for my hand. Flat triggers are your friend in this case, so you don't end up pulling the trigger "up" instead of back.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 3.50.44 PM.png

Last edited:
Hey there, I got mine set up and it’s wonderful. It’s built with an ARC Nucleus Gen 2 barreled by LRI with an 18” K&P cut rifled barrel chambered in .308. I just got it together yesterday and it has about 80 rounds or so on it; the accuracy is still coming in. The glass is a Kahles K525i w/ Left-side Windage and the SKMR4 reticle; the mount is a Spuhr SP-4003b. I am very happy with the build.
IMG_3701.jpeg

IMG_3705.jpeg

IMG_3708.jpeg

IMG_3707.jpeg

Hey there, I got mine set up and it’s wonderful. It’s built with an ARC Nucleus Gen 2 barreled by LRI with an 18” K&P cut rifled barrel chambered in .308. I just got it together yesterday and it has about 80 rounds or so on it; the accuracy is still coming in. The glass is a Kahles K525i w/ Left-side Windage and the SKMR4 reticle; the mount is a Spuhr SP-4003b. I am very happy with the build.
View attachment 8294961

You wouldn't by chance have a photo of your setup from the side would you? I've got essentially the same thing going, Nucleus Gen 1.0, Whiskey 3 stock with enclosed hand guard. I'm getting ready to order a barrel and wonder if going shorter than 18" and running a can would be too short.

You wouldn't be chance have a photo of your setup from the side would you? I've got essentially the same thing going, Nucleus Gen 1.0, Whiskey 3 stock with enclosed hand guard. I'm getting read to order a barrel and wonder if going short than 18" and running a can would be too short.
Hey man, here ya go. I think you would be fine; unless you have one of the legacy suppressors from Surefire or something that come down a ways over the barrel. I have a few inches of barrel beyond the enclosed forend; you may be able to get away with a 14.5” barrel if you really wanted to, which would be a wonderfully compact setup with the folding stock. The stock lockup has no movement when extended. Let me know if you need anything.

IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3713.jpeg

Here are a few more photos after some rattle can and reassembly. I am really happy with how it turned out.

View attachment 8298140
Which stock pouch is that? Looks great!

Here's mine:

Spent a pretty penny on it but it shrunk my groups from ~1 to consistently ~3/4 MOA. Very happy with it.

VideoCapture_20240123-154926.jpg

20240123_150310.jpg

Attachments

• 20240123_150310.jpg
    20240123_150310.jpg
    945.4 KB · Views: 36
  • VideoCapture_20240123-154926.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240123-154926.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 37
Hey man, here ya go. I think you would be fine; unless you have one of the legacy suppressors from Surefire or something that come down a ways over the barrel. I have a few inches of barrel beyond the enclosed forend; you may be able to get away with a 14.5” barrel if you really wanted to, which would be a wonderfully compact setup with the folding stock. The stock lockup has no movement when extended. Let me know if you need anything.

View attachment 8295980
View attachment 8295981
What barrel contour is this?

Any chance you know what the weight was without the can and scope?
Not anything specific; right now it weighs right at 18.5 lbs. That includes a pound of external weight, another pound or so with the Vortex Impact 4000, then the optic at slightly over 2 pounds and the mounts for everything is approximately 11 ounces. The suppressor is another 7.5 ounces. Add another pound or so for Thunderbeast bipod and mount. So subtract probably 6-6.5 pounds or so and that would give you a rough estimate for the barreled action in the chassis.

Not anything specific; right now it weighs right at 18.5 lbs. That includes a pound of external weight, another pound or so with the Vortex Impact 4000, then the optic at slightly over 2 pounds and the mounts for everything is approximately 11 ounces. The suppressor is another 7.5 ounces. Add another pound or so for Thunderbeast bipod and mount. So subtract probably 6-6.5 pounds or so and that would give you a rough estimate for the barreled action in the chassis.
Awesome. I just picked up an action so am trying to plan out a build and want it to be lighter and shorter than my ATX. I really hate a skinny barrel. Thanks for the info!

Is there something I can buy to bring my hand 0.25" more forward on the grip? If I can do that, my grip to trigger distance will be perfect.

Hey, if anyone has an old style W3 smooth Delrin flat bag rider that they don’t want, shoot me a dm. Not talking about the injection molded current one.

Very hesitant to post a WTB due to Frank saying, “Don’t do that” due to rampant scammers.

Hey, if anyone has an old style W3 smooth Delrin flat bag rider that they don’t want, shoot me a dm. Not talking about the injection molded current one.

Very hesitant to post a WTB due to Frank saying, “Don’t do that” due to rampant scammers.
I couldn't find a delrin bag rider either so I made one from a piece of delrin bar I found online. It was easy to make and you can keep cutting and sanding until you like it. It rides a bag real good.
KIMG1150.JPG