• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG whiskey 3 cheek piece DIY and it's awesome

MTFalconer

Peckerhead on a mountain.
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2014
Little Belts, Montana
I posted this on another thread but thought it would be better here. I don't like the plastic molded cheek piece that comes on the KRG whiskey 3 chassis. Not that there is anything particularly wrong with it other than it doesn't fit me very well and I couldn't get a good cheek weld. So what I did was ordered a piece of 1/4" abs plastic on eBay. Cost was 1.25 plus shipping, so a total of about 5.00 US. Cut out a section about 4"x6" and placed it in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. This rendered the abs pliable and then shaped it into a rough 90 degree angle. Run some cool water over it to set it instantly. I then used the small plastic cheek piece as a template to drill the 1/8" holes. On mine I made two rows instead of one single row. Shape the plastic on a belt sander to your liking and install. Now I have an excellent cheek weld and it changed the whole "feel" of the chassis. I angled it away from the QD cup on the rear and it doesn't get in the way of anything. All in all I am extremely pleased with it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 194
That's a clever alternative. Is there enough material to counter-sink the post screws? Even though they are button head, it looks like they might make contact with your cheek weld. What action are your using - Curtis Custom?