• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Gen 4 magazine problem

Zaitchev

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2018
Hi every body,

I have'nt find a thread adressing this topic so please excuse me if i make a duplicate.
I have a little issue with my KRG W3C chassis : sometime during firing my magazine detach itself .
This never happen when my magazine is empty and i manualy feed the chamber. Only happen with cartridge in the magazine.
It generally happen to the 2nd or 3rd round.
I have try to adjust the forend as mention in the notive but it does not solve the issue.
The notice also mention that the trigger guard can move a little bit but i did not find how to do this.
I have test with 5 an 10 round AICS mags : same things.
I shoot prone from a bipod and nothing in the way can touch the quick release button when recoil happen.

The rifle is a 308 tikka t3 varmint. It is threaded and had a muzzle break.

Anybody already had face this problem ?

Not yet. I wanted to know if this is a common issue easily fixable before doing it.

Do you have the metal mag release button attached? Remove it and see if the issue goes away. The heavy button can cause inertial issues when the rifle recoils. I think that’s why it’s polymer in the gen5+

Do you have the metal mag release button attached? Remove it and see if the issue goes away. The heavy button can cause inertial issues when the rifle recoils. I think that’s why it’s polymer in the gen5+

Yes i have the metal release button version. That can explain. I'll contact justin as SkyScrapin suggested. Tkx guys

We stopped making the gen 4 about four years ago, did you get this used? Maybe you could send us a pic or post one here. The Whiskey-3 did not come with the heavier cast steel mag catch, only the X-ray. They did have the aluminum release button but that didn't typically cause problems on the W-3. Either way, the new double spring setup is probably what you need.
Thank you,
Justin

Thank you for your reply justin !
Here is the photo :

20180925_191853.jpg

I brought it new in may 2015.
I have always feed the chamber manually so haven't notice this issue before.
Can you send me a link of the new double spring product ?

Thank you for your reply justin !
Here is the photo :

I brought it new in may 2015.
I have always feed the chamber manually so haven't notice this issue before.
Can you send me a link of the new double spring product ?

Ah I see. There are two things to check. The magazine fit can be adjusted, as you have done with the forend. You can move the triggerguard as well but you need to remove the action. Then you loosen the screw that is hidden by the action. Make sure the mag is tight but not so tight that it's difficult to insert. The second is we can send you a new spring set for the magazine catch which is stiffer and will fix any problems that tightening the mag does not fix. Thank you!
Justin

Thanks Justin !
I will try to adjust the triggerguard and see if this solve the issue :)
Z.

Hopefully I can resurrect this thread....I have a SOTIC in the W3 chassis, and just all of a sudden I'm having magazine fitment issues. They don't fall out, but there is a lot of play up and down (with the magazine latched in place) which is causing nosedives after the first round is fired. I don't see instructions anywhere, regarding adjustment. Do you have a link where I can tune the magazine seating depth and fitment? I'm using Accurate and MDT magazines. Never a problem before, but yesterday I have all sorts of issues and had to single feed.

@Massoud

That's a strange occurrence. Did the trigger guard come loose perhaps? That is what controls mag height. The instruction manual should show how to adjust the guard to move the mag up and down. Try pulling the trigger (remove the bolt first) or just pull the grip panels off and see if that guard is in the lowermost position relative to the trigger. It should be set more to the middle. Let me know how that works, we'll get you squared away. Thank you,
Justin
@LANCER