• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 vs X-RAY

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
I have a Whiskey 3 now and have been looking for a new chassis for another rifle. I shoot from the bench most of the time but also hunt and shoot a little prone. Which chassis is the way to go?

I second the Bravo. And at a great price point as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between the two, I would probably go X-Ray if you are looking to save weight and money. Or I would consider waiting for the Bravo chassis; it seems like it will be a great stock.

I run a W3 and an X-Ray. The X-Ray is lighter, the W3 is more adjustable, easier to adjust and has a better forend. Both are great chassis, and the new Bravo looks like it will be killer at the price point. I'd take the Whiskey 3 as first choice every day unless weight was a major concern.

Bravo looks impressive and it looks like it there is going to be a tikka option right away

I recently bought my first chassis, an X RAY. Its a good balance of weight, features and price. Time will tell if I'm a chassis fan or not .

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at the Bravo now. The only thing that worries me is the grip looks really big. Does anyone know if the forend can be replaced with the whiskey 3?

The forend on the Whiskey-3 will fit the Bravo and vice versa. The grip on the Bravo is between a small and a large grip on our X-ray and W-3. The Bravo can easily be used by shooters with smaller hands by putting one's thumb up on the thumbshelf and not trying to wrap around like you would a carbine gas gun. The Bravo won't be all things to all people but I think most will find it pretty comfortable. Thank you for considering our chassis.
Justin