• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG X-Ray and Alpha Mags

7mmfreak

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2014
I just got an X-Ray for a new short action build and want to shoot it in a match in two weeks. I cannot find Accurate Mag (with the blinder plate removed for long COAL) in stock anywhere. Has anyone used the Alpha Mag Type 2 in the X-Ray?

I had issues with one of two Type 2s in my X-Ray. One works perfectly, but the other would randomly fall out of the magazine well during positional shooting - but not prone. I think the mag in question has a retaining lip that's just a touch too small for the magazine latch on the X-Ray. Both magazines worked flawlessly in the PTG bottom metal I had in a more traditional stock prior to the X-Ray.

Edit to add - I have two Accurate Mags as well, a 10 and a 5, and neither one has ever given me a single issue. I'm firmly blaming the Alpha mag, not the X-ray.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I want to use the Type 2 because of the profile to capacity. I am afraid the 10rnd mag from Accurate or AI will be too long. The only AI-type mags I have ever used were the 5rnd for the .300WM.